Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Selfie stick

  1. #1

    Question Selfie stick

    Hi, I want to mount a smartphone or compact camera on a selfie stick with remote, to take video/photo.
    Please recommend which type/brand of selfie stick is good and secure..?
    Cause in the market too many types, not sure which one to choose..

    Thank you
    Last edited by kamikaze; 8th October 2014 at 03:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    Only one answer. Try them out..........

  3. #3

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    am interested to find out too

  4. #4

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    I saw some makciks using a dustpan. Ingenious and inexpensive.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  5. #5

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    I ordered this http://www.amazon.com/Polaroid-Exten...olaroid+selfie

    Waiting for it to arrive.
    Sony A6000 Kit, Sony SEL 10-18mm f4 OSS, Fujian 35mm f1.7 CCTV Lens..... and more to come. :)

  6. #6
    Member Aikiway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    on the east side of Singapore
    Posts
    278

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    Hi, I want to mount a smartphone or compact camera on a selfie stick with remote, to take video/photo.
    Please recommend which type/brand of selfie stick is good and secure..?
    Cause in the market too many types, not sure which one to choose..

    Thank you
    I think you should just go and try it out. The selfie stick aren't exactly well built accessory, so defects are possible despite branding etc.
    ==================================================
    Canon 5DMK3 |Fujifilm X-E2, X-T1|

  7. #7
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    I once saw a young couple mounting a DSLR onto a selfie stick to shoot themselves lying on the grass.

    The only thing I felt then was whether should I dial 995 if the camera did fall on their faces.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    I once saw a young couple mounting a DSLR onto a selfie stick to shoot themselves lying on the grass.

    The only thing I felt then was whether should I dial 995 if the camera did fall on their faces.
    A selfie stick can take the weight for a DSLR? Or was it a regular monopod they are using?

  9. #9
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawthorne View Post
    A selfie stick can take the weight for a DSLR? Or was it a regular monopod they are using?
    I didn't ask but it looked like a selfie stick to me.

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    Most of the selfie sticks are pretty much the same, especially for mobile phones or compact cameras. You can just buy them off ebay or your choice of suppliers.

    If you want to mount larger cameras like DSLRs, a monopod (with a ball head) might be a much better choice.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    521

    Default

    So many places selling less than $10, just get tht one with orange box, install candy camera app, then start shooting le..life nd to be so complicated meh?lol

  12. #12

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    Does a stick for DSLR where I can use the DSLR like a GoPro?
    Based in Germany | Olympus OM-D E-M10 | www.mohamedelbarkani.de

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moelbar View Post
    Does a stick for DSLR where I can use the DSLR like a GoPro?
    monopod

  14. #14
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,334

    Default Re: Selfie stick


  15. #15
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    Wow that is expensive.... i got mine new for half that.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Selfie stick

    they are selling at abt $6 in S. Korea. Singapore price is crazy

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hawthorne View Post
    they are selling at abt $6 in S. Korea. Singapore price is crazy
    Nothing is SG is cheap

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •