Page 44 of 104 FirstFirst ... 193439424344454649546994 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on weight loss

Default Re: Question on weight loss

[QUOTE=Funny]
    Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Phil,

I take my hat off to you man....I only managed to lose about 4kg in a month. I din stick to a strict diets I had walked for about 9km daily for close to 3 weeks.

Your success of losing 14kgs in two months is really an eye opener. Wish I got the same determination

Too much weight loss in such a short time is no good. It wld be healthlier to loose weight gradually. Weight lost too fast will also gain back faster. 1kg per month wld be good enough and healthy. Ur body cannot adapt to sudden weight lost. I managed to slim down twice. The last slim down was more than 1 year ago. 1st time lose 5 kg n 2nd time was 6 kg. I manage to maintain my weight lost for almost 1 year.

When I really want to slim down, I was really focused and make it a priority. It is all in the will of mind. The 1st time of slimming down was, I took cambridge diet. After finished my cambridge, I maintained it by exercising and stopped my intake of fatty, oily n carbohydrate food. Cambridge is quite heaty and a bit troublesome.The second time of slimming down was plainly juz exercising and reduce my intake of fatty, oily n carbohydrate food. Usually I workout in the gym. Workout in gym is great. My fav slimming down process.

Boy!!! I really missed my slimmer me. Got to work harder again and got to shed 7 kg.

But sad to say. I really got to maintain it by exercising and eating less of my fav food. No short cut. Once I stop doing that, I will gain back my weight liao. All my hard work will gone down to the drain. Have to maintain healthy eating and regular exercise habit.

Sigh...!! I got to start over again. Difficult to slim down and even more difficult to maintain. I live to eat.

Once I start the process of slimming down, there will be no stop to it liao. It will be obsession liao.
    ic.. me too .. always tell myself to stop. But i will still eat my favourite food.

Breakfast: ate porridge and abit of garlic cheese bun + kopi...weighted 77kgs
    Benignnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... my breakfast two slice of white bread with peanut butter. and a bowl of whole grain flakes with unsweeten soya milk
    Weight not sure.. did not weight

Benignnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn... my breakfast two slice of white bread with peanut butter. and a bowl of whole grain flakes with unsweeten soya milk

I think my whole family is down with flu
    Even the dog is sneezing and coughing...I got sore throat and feeling lethargic.
    Back to bed liao

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    Wow...!!! Sound quite heavy for breakfast. When I was on diet, I wld take only 1 slice of wheat bread with nothing on it plus a glass of plain water or a piece of wheat biscuit plus a glass of water for breakfast. Then I wld take fish soup or seafood soup or yong tau fu w/o oil n rice for lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny
    Wow...!!! Sound quite heavy for breakfast. When I was on diet, I wld take only 1 slice of wheat bread with nothing on it plus a glass of plain water or a piece of wheat biscuit plus a glass of water for breakfast. Then I wld take fish soup or seafood soup or yong tau fu w/o oil n rice for lunch.
    when i on diet hor... i din eat anything for few days... den i go on drip for the next few days... liquid diet...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    when i on diet hor... i din eat anything for few days... den i go on drip for the next few days... liquid diet...
    Del_CtrlnoAlt------> <------Funny

Del_CtrlnoAlt------> <------Funny
    hahaa... u should reply...

This is FUNNY!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

But gigolo also very good pay lor Haizz, catch 22 here

can work out lotsa calories wor
    slept early yesterday.. sigh.. didnt go jog

becoming fat ..have to start my crash course diet again
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

hahaa... u should reply...

This is FUNNY!
    Del_CtrlnoAlt------> <------Funny Del_CtrlnoAlt------> <------Funny

But seriously I really did tat when I wanted to slim down. EVQ was accompanying mi wif the slimming process and we both slim down successfully. Hahahaha......

I think my whole family is down with flu
    Even the dog is sneezing and coughing...I got sore throat and feeling lethargic.
    Back to bed liao
    So ke lian. Hey i want to ask you. How come Jurlique Products is cheaper here then Aus?
    Do you know much about this product?

i always must have heavy breakfast. infact after all the above, i am just 80% full

U so slim and Yan Dao.. diet for what.. chey.. insult us is it

Phildate
    Guests

Too much weight loss in such a short time is no good. It wld be healthlier to loose weight gradually. Weight lost too fast will also gain back faster. 1kg per month wld be good enough and healthy. Ur body cannot adapt to sudden weight lost.
    Well, I think if you do it properly your body will lose weight as quickly as it feels right for it. The body is a far more complex machine than we realise or give credit for, with most of us fuelling it with rubbish all day every day. The weight loss has been dramatic, yes. But it has not been forced. It has been a natural consequence of feeding my body natural fuels and if my body wants to shed all this weight to readdress the balance, then fine by me. The sooner we start to listen to our bodies rather than trying to control them the better.

Once I start the process of slimming down, there will be no stop to it liao. It will be obsession liao.
    Obsessing about one's weight is a bad thing to do. Being healthy and letting weight loss happen as a consequence is a better way to be thinking about things.

For those who are wondering how I lost 14 kgs in a two months, I have done it by following a predominantly raw food diet, containing no processed foods, wheat or dairy. If anyone thinks this is boring or unappetising should try my salads, maple-glazed salmon, raw spring rolls and fruit ice-cream with organic chocolate sauce.

For those of you who eat fast-food, you are poisoning your body. Would you put that quality of inferior film or battery in your camera? I doubt it!! But most people treat their bodies far worse than their equipment or cars or other material things. I don't want to preach which is why I said for people to PM me but there is no big secret to this. Eat healthy and you will be healthy, part of this being the correct weight. No need for countless hours of exercise (although this is great for you in other ways but not weight-loss), slimming pills, centres and drinks. Go RAW!!
    Last edited by Phildate; 9th September 2005 at 10:01 AM.

i always must have heavy breakfast. infact after all the above, i am just 80% full
    Actuallly, once ur stomach used to have little intake of food, u juz hav to eat a little, u will feel full liao. It really work for mi. U oso have to hav a slow intake of food. Cannot eat veri fast. After some time, ur brain will tell ur body, u r full liao. Tis is wat I learn from reading up loh.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    Well, I think if you do it properly your body will lose weight as quickly as it feels right for it. The body is a far more complex machine than we realise or give credit for, with most of us fuelling it with rubbish all day every day. The weight loss has been dramatic, yes. But it has not been forced. It has been a natural consequence of feeding my body natural fuels and if my body wants to shed all this weight to readdress the balance, then fine by me. The sooner we start to listen to our bodies rather than trying to control them the better.

Obsessing about one's weight is a bad thing to do. Being healthy and letting weight loss happen as a consequence is a better way to be thinking about things.

For those who are wondering how I lost 14 kgs in a two months, I have done it by following a predominantly raw food diet, containing no processed foods, wheat or dairy. If anyone thinks this is boring or unappetising should try my salads, maple-glazed salmon, raw spring rolls and fruit ice-cream with organic chocolate sauce.

For those of you who eat fast-food, you are poisoning your body. Would you put that quality of inferior film or battery in your camera? I doubt it!! But most people treat their bodies far worse than their equipment or cars or other material things. I don't want to preach which is why I said for people to PM me but there is no big secret to this. Eat healthy and you will be healthy, part of this being the correct weight. No need for countless hours of exercise (although this is great for you in other ways but not weight-loss), slimming pills, centres and drinks. Go RAW!!
    Yap! I do agreed with u. Have to eat healthily n throw away eating junk food habit. Exercise at least an hr for 3 to 4 times a week for health sake is veri important too. I can feel the difference in my body n health when I exercise regularly and when I am not.
    Last edited by Funny; 9th September 2005 at 10:11 AM.

U so slim and Yan Dao.. diet for what.. chey.. insult us is it
    hmmmm...........

ive been eating lotsa junk food lately.. health not in the best either.
    when i was on diet about 1.5 mths' back, not deliberately but basically lost appetite ..
    ate like that for around 10 days? tummy gone.. but felt cranky. felt nauseous upon seeing meat and oily food.

morning : fresh fruit juice (orange + carrot); some fruits
    lunch : poh piah/one pao/rice half eaten; fruits
    dinner : half bowl of rice + vegetables + little meat ; fruits

wonder if i should live to eat, or eat to live?
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。

Actuallly, once ur stomach used to have little intake of food, u juz hav to eat a little, u will feel full liao. It really work for mi. U oso have to hav a slow intake of food. Cannot eat veri fast. After some time, ur brain will tell ur body, u r full liao. Tis is wat I learn from reading up loh.
    or.. next time i will take 60% full ..

[QUOTE=furrycake]hmmmm...........

I dun know ma.. he said ppl call him Yan Dao.. so i start to have imagination on him liao

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    hmmmm...........

ive been eating lotsa junk food lately.. health not in the best either.
    when i was on diet about 1.5 mths' back, not deliberately but basically lost appetite ..
    ate like that for around 10 days? tummy gone.. but felt cranky. felt nauseous upon seeing meat and oily food.

morning : fresh fruit juice (orange + carrot); some fruits
    lunch : poh piah/one pao/rice half eaten; fruits
    dinner : half bowl of rice + vegetables + little meat ; fruits

wonder if i should live to eat, or eat to live?
    Hahahaha...... I always interchange both of these quote. When eat to live----> become slim liao then live to eat---->become fat liao. Fat become slim and slim become fat. Then start the cycle all over again.

[QUOTE=Haze]
    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    hmmmm...........

I dun know ma.. he said ppl call him Yan Dao.. so i start to have imagination on him liao
    okie he yan dao. but wait a min...

Haze ar... cut down on carbo lah... loti makes us very pui de

Hahahaha...... I always interchange both of these quote. When eat to live----> become slim liao then live to eat---->become fat liao. Fat become slim and slim become fat. Then start the cycle all over again.
    i find it hard to adhere to a 'healthy' diet. i really love mashed potatoes & sushi (rice), so i just gotta resort to exercising.. waist line not big but got tummy ler
    爱是要时间慢慢培养的。。