Page 32 of 104 FirstFirst ... 72227303132333437425782 ... LastLast

Thread: Question on weight loss

Default Re: Question on weight loss

^-^ i am eating champagne grapes now ^^

Quote Originally Posted by josho
    Hilo all.. Just realise this thread only ytd. hee I also trying to lose weight and stay healthy. Most imptnt is to train myself up. I stand 177 and weight 91kg.. Thats rather god damn heavy. Trying to lose 15kg!!!!

I just started jogging recently and manage to finish 4.8km for the first time and ytd 6.2km with a 1.2km walk.

There's one fitness instructor told me during my ICT, we got to choice what we wan now in term of food or any other things, but there's never a choice to choose when illness started to attack us. That strike me up in my mind and therefore i wanna lose down to 75kg!! Hee... I look so ball now!!! What else can I do beside jogging? is 3 times a week more then enuff??? Wanted to go swimming tmr but its the last day of closing of Ghost Festival so dun think I should going for swim.

Anyway.. HELLO and good morning to everyone!
    Josho,

Jogging is a very very good way to reduce ur fats (or weight). I reduce my weight 25kg in 2 mths+ with a 5km jog everyday. *Jog fast* and go to the gym. If you want faster result, do rope skipping (minimum 30mins continuous).

Swimming is not that effective for me... Maybe because i get hungry very fast after a swim. I seem to be more tiring than jogging (to me) and the 50laps did not do much of a weight reduction for me.
    Last edited by kitkat; 2nd September 2005 at 11:50 AM.

Still thinking of what to eat ....korean noodle? porridge(take time to boil)? rice with zucchini minced meat? just rice & sardine with lime?

take korean noodles :P.. i like it

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    Josho,

Jogging is a very very good way to reduce ur fats (or weight). I reduce my weight 25kg in 2 mths+ with a 5km jog everyday. *Jog fast* and go to the gym. If you want faster result, do rope skipping (minimum 30mins continuous).

Swimming is not that effective for me... Maybe because i get hungry very fast after a swim. I seem to be more tiring than jogging (to me) and the 50laps did not do much of a weight reduction for me.
    swimming is the most efficient engery expander. The energy required for that 50m is far more than that for jogging.

It's also good that your weight is suspended by the water and relieves stress from your legs.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    swimming is the most efficient engery expander. The energy required for that 50m is far more than that for jogging.

It's also good that your weight is suspended by the water and relieves stress from your legs.

Yup, but the effects in reduction for me is not there.

For me, the immediate results for me is jogging rather than swimming. However, swimming is involves all parts of the body excersing. It is healthier (as in the stress is spread out / not on the leg alone)

Accordingly to burning rates of calories, kickboxing and rope skipping is one of the highest burn rate
    Last edited by kitkat; 2nd September 2005 at 12:09 PM.

swimming is kindof mafun.. after swimming have to use the swimming pool toilet

Toa Payog Swimming Pool toilet is very errr xin

Quote Originally Posted by Haze

i never like public swimming pool, hate the chlorine. prefer to swim at the beach but think more er xin one tends to eat alot more after swimming... cold mah, burn lotsa calories

dunno what to eat...see where my colleagues want to go.. sigh.. still burping

To live up to my name(rice bucket) I ate three bowls of rice with spinach, braised yam...

Soon, payback time

wat rice bucket

wat rice bucket

Think I ate too much....now like those chicken stuffing

No idea wat to eat now. I cant make myself jog everyday man.. I wanna train to jog 12km which is 10 rounds!! I will try to go for fast jogging as now I still building my leg muscle. I know its take slow to lose weight, I dun forsee fast effect. hee..

my god. 25kg in 2mths.. man... I wondering can i reduce to 85kg in the first place or not.. need to set some target thou.

Swimming to me is just to swim and relax..Isnt it good to swim and jog and do skipping as well? Todae I shall try 10min of skipping ... maybe listen to 3 songs as a guide. hee...

Quote Originally Posted by Haze

Alot of public pools are very "errr xin" but they are cheap admission.

I go CDANS swimming pool. So far so good.. unlike public pools... kekeke

No idea wat to eat now. I cant make myself jog everyday man.. I wanna train to jog 12km which is 10 rounds!! I will try to go for fast jogging as now I still building my leg muscle. I know its take slow to lose weight, I dun forsee fast effect. hee..

my god. 25kg in 2mths.. man... I wondering can i reduce to 85kg in the first place or not.. need to set some target thou.

Swimming to me is just to swim and relax..Isnt it good to swim and jog and do skipping as well? Todae I shall try 10min of skipping ... maybe listen to 3 songs as a guide. hee...

Skipping

Join the marathon like OSIM or Stanchart.... 42km .... sure loose weight

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Think I ate too much....now like those chicken stuffing
    aiyooooooooooo... i think forget about slim down lah.. 3 BOWL OF RICE! that's alot!

Ya good idea. when i jog, must have my mp3 with me.. no mp3 no jog

I think the fastest way is to do a calories counting, which i did (stop now anyway). It is very troublesome initially ... but u will be able to measure the approximate weight lost (and the rates you want to burn). No means of accuracy, but a way to guage your progress (and motivate) on daily basis.

Alot of public pools are very "errr xin" but they are cheap admission.
    I don't like it.. eeeeeeeeeee... that time when i shower.. saw many small spider web..

Skipping

Join the marathon like OSIM or Stanchart.... 42km .... sure loose weight
    Hehehe.. I will never join these. hee.. I prefer to stay healthy eat normal and be happy but of coz watch my diet. I need alot of time to lose the fats!!! I had a strong determination now and hope it last on!!!! LOL