Good woman is me lah!..
    chey...
    what is atheist?

Default Re: Question on weight loss

Good woman is me lah!..
    chey...
    what is atheist?
    har? thought you already married??

I am now down and out...other than my depreciating cameras and lenses. I can ill afford a woman.... Unless you coming with a big alimony

a·the·ist ( P ) Pronunciation Key (th-st)
    n.
    One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

huh? Married liao cannot be a good woman meh ;o...

what is alimony?

Aiyo can use simple english? I study until sec school only leh

Just quit my low carb diet, after one week plus I did not see any weight decrease. My wife who started on the same diet lost 2kgs and me same as before I started.

I told wifey I'm quitting this diet and eating normally starting at today's lunch-time, had Nasi Padang at Sabar Menanti, missed the Ayam Kalio, sambal goreng, fish goreng belado, hmmm.

How come some people can lose weight faster than others ah?

../azul123

that mean ur wife is more discpline ^_^..
    i eat ing meiji low fat yogurt with added rasin now

huh? Married liao cannot be a good woman meh ;o...

what is alimony?

Wah....you very bold hor
    I thought you want that soccer star Jon Jonsson....compared to him, I am from a different planet.

alimony ?

al·i·mo·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-mn)
    n. pl. al·i·mo·nies
    Law. An allowance for support made under court order to a divorced person by the former spouse, usually the chief provider during the marriage. Alimony may also be granted without a divorce, as between legally separated persons.
    A means of livelihood; maintenance.

Ok, Treadmill time

Just quit my low carb diet, after one week plus I did not see any weight decrease. My wife who started on the same diet lost 2kgs and me same as before I started.

I told wifey I'm quitting this diet and eating normally starting at today's lunch-time, had Nasi Padang at Sabar Menanti, missed the Ayam Kalio, sambal goreng, fish goreng belado, hmmm.

../azul123

I think you need more patience than just one week. It is the eating habit and lifestyle you are building or shaping.
    Trust me, in the long run...your stamina will increase....even level of confidence.

Hang in there, fren....

Try to eat more veges and less oil for a start.....dun aim for quick result...think of it as in a few more months. Curry dishes was my demise.....exercise help me burnt those fat or calories lor.

Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    I think you need more patience than just one week. It is the eating habit and lifestyle you are building or shaping.
    Trust me, in the long run...your stamina will increase....even level of confidence.

Hang in there, fren....

Try to eat more veges and less oil for a start.....dun aim for quick result...think of it as in a few more months. Curry dishes was my demise.....exercise help me burnt those fat or calories lor.
    Already quit... at least if there is some slight weight decrease I would be happy, but nothing... still don't know what I did wrong, was careful in everything I eat.

Maybe try again another time.

../azul123

Wah....you very bold hor
    I thought you want that soccer star Jon Jonsson....compared to him, I am from a different planet.

alimony ?

al·i·mo·ny ( P ) Pronunciation Key (l-mn)
    n. pl. al·i·mo·nies
    Law. An allowance for support made under court order to a divorced person by the former spouse, usually the chief provider during the marriage. Alimony may also be granted without a divorce, as between legally separated persons.
    A means of livelihood; maintenance.

Ok, Treadmill time
    Jon Jonsson is from American Most Gorgeous Male Model - Manhunt.
    Not soccer lah -.,-... gosh

Today i think... so far so good..
    my addition intake is a packet 40g of wasabi peas, a little pc of mooncake and a breakfast bar ...

Dinner i think will take soup and fish and some vegi..

A very good start for breakfast ...just a bun with cheese and kopi

But afternoon, ended up with quarter roast chicken...and lot of chips

Now I think maybe veges beehoon soup

Juz finished 9km.....

Sorry I din know the guy is not soccer......I think I am really out of touch with trends

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    Today i think... so far so good..
    my addition intake is a packet 40g of wasabi peas, a little pc of mooncake and a breakfast bar ...

Dinner i think will take soup and fish and some vegi..
    If you belong to the fat type it will be hopeless to cut down on food as it will only slim you down for the time being. (unless you are willing to eat just that for the rest of your short life) Many would rather be fat.
    Doing exercise or yoga will help you better as it change your inner structure and it will last as long as you constant on that.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123

../azul123

I am going back to my oat meal. I miss it badly even though it is not a "diet" to me.

I find personally for my case, low carb helps alot ... but it needs to be coupled with exercise to be more effective.

If you have more fats , you have the potential to loose weight faster. Some pple have "good" genes, metabolism is high. For pple like me (and age too), metabolism is abit low... so I have to watch my food habit and exercise. But i find it easy when it becomes a lifestyle.

Now going onto crunches to reduce my little "tire"... any success abs crunches / tips?
    Last edited by kitkat; 30th August 2005 at 06:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    If you belong to the fat type it will be hopeless to cut down on food as it will only slim you down for the time being. (unless you are willing to eat just that for the rest of your short life) Many would rather be fat.
    Doing exercise or yoga will help you better as it change your inner structure and it will last as long as you constant on that.

Pure cutting down on food (to reduce weight) will most likely lead to failure... Imagine if your friends eating chocolate , nasi brayni , durian , ice cream in front of you etc.... u may not be able to withstand the "mental assualt" of temptations for long.

Changing towards a healthy lifestyle is a long term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    wow u even more healthy!
    Hey how u make brown rice?
    nowaday i cook brown rice porriage.. ^-^ yummy... i find that Brown rice taste like those korea or japan rice.. ^-^

I hope can stick to this today ^_^

Just add more water and cook longer. Brown rice is really healthy ... especially if you mix with oat. haha

Already quit... at least if there is some slight weight decrease I would be happy, but nothing... still don't know what I did wrong, was careful in everything I eat.

Maybe try again another time.

../azul123

Why don't you try to reduce your portion or eat less oily food(deep fried), more plain rice than nasi lemak. Actually nasi lemak is very high in cholesterol

At the same time, try some light exercise. I started with 2.5km...each week. I added 0.5km or 1km...eventually I did reach 11km after couple of months.

Give it a try, betta find a training partner.....time passed alot quicker.

I think without exercising like what Kitkat and Benign said is not going to help the diet, I just ate more to cover the carb that was missing. I think this was my case. Oh... how I hate excercising.

../azul123

I think without exercising like what Kitkat and Benign said is not going to help the diet, I just ate more to cover the carb that was missing. I think this was my case. Oh... how I hate excercising.

../azul123
    Azul123,
    When I first started, it was miserable.....my family was alway having the tasty food like chicken rice, ice cream, roast chicken ...worst steaks

But after awhile, you will sure come across mood swings, frustration with the weight(not visible reduction), giving ups and everyday walking exercise the same things over and over again....food is of limited choice...or not your choice.

The only thing kept me going was the mind...nowaday, I dun feel well if I dun walk or exercise. I ate too much I will feel guilty which later meant more punishing walk aimed at getting rid of those calories(fat).

But I am certain once I reach my target weight....I will feel great. As though the tallest mountain has been conquered....praises from family and friends. and feeling more confident coz I know my stamina and body is betta than my peers(my age). Honestly, sex drive is stronger and more lasting
    Even working capacity has improved overall......

There is nothing betta than healthy and fit....I know coz few years back I did reach the target weight. from size 35-6 to 31 1/2......no more double chins, chubby cheeks and the belly no more.

It is true...no pains no gains

Azul123,
    When I first started, it was miserable.....my family was alway having the tasty food like chicken rice, ice cream, roast chicken ...worst steaks
    Actually these things you mention did happen in my household. That was why I see no real push to go through with this diet especially cannot even drop half a kilo.

../azul123

Actually these things you mention did happen in my household. That was why I see no real push to go through with this diet especially cannot even drop half a kilo.

../azul123

I did eat some of what they ate...but very small portion or skip the fatty parts

Then I decide to burn them off. The reason why I like treadmill now is I can roughly count how much calories I burnt off looking at the digital display. Also, it is alot warmer doing it indoor..coz I can't sweat easily while the temperature is so much lower outdoor.

You are right about the commitment, you can't do it if you are not in the mood for it