Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: The Maid

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Great World City, Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default The Maid

    Just watch it ... very sad and poor maid lor. And the employer oso very "xia soi" one.... very bad employer. I think if maid watch this, must be very angry

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nowhere but ClubSNAP
    Posts
    191

    Default

    issit like one of those B grade horror/thriller movies?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Great World City, Singapore
    Posts
    122

    Default

    No lah .... how do you define B grade, you mean grade II ? All is screened well ....

  4. #4

    Default

    its pretty good for a local venture...no fancy special effect....more realistic notions. Early frights...but seem to fizzle out at the end. Not bad lah...worth the weekend price.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  5. #5

    Default

    Hmmm.... we're thinking of bringing over one of our maids from back in Manila. Do you think she'll come over if she watches the move?

    Fyi: the maid in the movie is a popular Filipina actress. Haven't seen the film yet but the movie trailer sure looked creepy...


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: The Maid

    Quote Originally Posted by Conan
    Hmmm.... we're thinking of bringing over one of our maids from back in Manila. Do you think she'll come over if she watches the move?

    Fyi: the maid in the movie is a popular Filipina actress. Haven't seen the film yet but the movie trailer sure looked creepy...

    Not to worry unless you stay at those old old house estate or something like the one in the movie, then your maid will fly back the next day.

    Overall it's a nice show which show the other side of singapore and the important of this culture. Seventh Month is an very important event for the chinese which believe the ancestor can visit them during this month of the year.

  7. #7

    Default Re: The Maid

    can't wait to watch it on Monday

  8. #8
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: The Maid

    can anyone identify the locations used in the filming? esp the house?
    i only identified the place where wati jumped, its the '4 horse road' hawker centre.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: The Maid

    The house apparently was located along Koon Seng Road ... before renovation .. used to stay around Joo Chiat Lane previously.. recognise the house since it was in my area.....

  10. #10
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: The Maid

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    The house apparently was located along Koon Seng Road ... before renovation .. used to stay around Joo Chiat Lane previously.. recognise the house since it was in my area.....
    Would love to a 'Maid' themed model shooting in that house
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: The Maid

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Not to worry unless you stay at those old old house estate or something like the one in the movie, then your maid will fly back the next day.

    Overall it's a nice show which show the other side of singapore and the important of this culture. Seventh Month is an very important event for the chinese which believe the ancestor can visit them during this month of the year.
    I have one on a visit, and it ain't my ancestor!

    HS

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: The Maid

    here's my two-cents worth 'opinion' on the show..

    i felt no connection or sympathy to the character of the maid in the show at all. all i know is she's from the philippines and her brother is her only family left. the show could have done with better character development.

    lots of cheap, predictable and unimaginative scares with liberal use of audio cues to let you know something scary is about to happen. i guess that needs no explaination..

    the plot becomes more and more predictable as it goes along. plus a super-derivative twist copied straight from 'Sixth Sense'.

    ok la, only redemption is the ok-la acting from the cast.

    please don't flame me if you happen to be a fan of the show

  13. #13
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Default Re: The Maid

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox

    the plot becomes more and more predictable as it goes along. plus a super-derivative twist copied straight from 'Sixth Sense'.
    The last part where the mdm kena killed reminded me of the scene from 'Final Destination'
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •