Thread: A Photographer's Ghost in Area 51

Question A Photographer's Ghost in Area 51

Hi Gang,

Happy National Day... in celebrating our nation's birthday, I thought of offering something red & white up for criticism!

I think this might as well be a criticism of photo-editing as much as it is abt the photo itself. The original was very "blah" with the subject moving... but only enough to look like an 'out of focus' shot. So I exaggerated the movement and made the background BW.

This was taken at the "haunted bungalows" on Sentosa and I thought a creepy image would be appropriate.

I am most appreciative of all comments / critiques useful or not
    Last edited by sejok; 10th August 2005 at 01:55 PM.

Is this one of those... let's not comment on this photo this month things?

Quote Originally Posted by sejok
    Is this one of those... let's not comment on this photo this month things?
    Of course not.....do be patient as some comments take some time to be posted. You would have observed at all postings in this forum which are more than a week old have received comments.

Back to the photo... i do not feel the sense of creepiness that you are trying to convey. perhaps you could try more motion blur of your main subject (a more menacing expression on his face would also help), shooting indoors with eerie lighting, or outdoors in foreboding darkness or thunderstorm. the buildings in the background look too well maintained to be scary. some semi-broken dilapidated creaking windows swinging in the wind, as well as peeling paint on the walls and a gnarled and twisted tree nearby would add to the creepy mood.

alternatively, PS in the creepy mood.

e.g.
    Last edited by zaren; 10th August 2005 at 03:31 PM.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Default Re: A Photographer's Ghost in Area 51

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    Of course not.....do be patient as some comments take some time to be posted. You would have observed at all postings in this forum which are more than a week old have received comments.

Back to the photo... i do not feel the sense of creepiness that you are trying to convey. perhaps you could try more motion blur of your main subject (a more menacing expression on his face would also help), shooting indoors with eerie lighting, or outdoors in foreboding darkness or thunderstorm. the buildings in the background look too well maintained to be scary. some semi-broken dilapidated creaking windows swinging in the wind, as well as peeling paint on the walls and a gnarled and twisted tree nearby would add to the creepy mood.

alternatively, PS in the creepy mood.

e.g.

Wow Zaren. This is totally cool.
    Haunting and mysterious.