Page 46 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748515671 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1878

Thread: Sentosa Thread XIX - 19th season liaos! Happy Birthday to Singapore & ME (aCiDByTe)!

  1. #901
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    is this promotion good?
    my bro-in-law just subscribed, so far so good. serangoon gardens.

  2. #902
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    is this promotion good?
    depends on what you're on now ... and what you intend to do with the connection.

    $88/mth and letting it idle is really a waste of $$$ ...

  3. #903
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    my bro-in-law just subscribed, so far so good. serangoon gardens.
    ADSL 2+ is still buggy ... due to the backend DSLAMs ... not much of a variety of powerful modems now ... also its subjected to how close you are to the exchange and the quality of your phone line.

  4. #904
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    is this promotion good?
    basket! now then come out after I bought the laptop!!!!!!
    gd bargain lah but I got friend signed up complaint slow traffic loh...
    if you hear what i gotta say about ADSL then you will re consider about ADSL already

  5. #905
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    basket! now then come out after I bought the laptop!!!!!!
    gd bargain lah but I got friend signed up complaint slow traffic loh...
    if you hear what i gotta say about ADSL then you will re consider about ADSL already
    Wow... Alex using iBook sia!!!!

  6. #906
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    think bluestrike gave a similar comment on ADSL on the other thread. bottom line - its really dependent on the POTS ard ur area. if good lines, u get good speed and connection. but, heaven help u if u get crap lines...

    as much as i dun like starhub's customer service (try using their automated customer service hotline... if u can get thru), its the most reliable service in town, IMO. or, at least until the other service providers come online in the later half of this year.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  7. #907
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    then why are you with nikon?
    Switch switch switch!!! Den u can have Xiao Bais like DA!!!

  8. #908
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    ADSL 2+ is still buggy ... due to the backend DSLAMs ... not much of a variety of powerful modems now ... also its subjected to how close you are to the exchange and the quality of your phone line.
    yup, his is quite close to the DSLAM, so quite good lor. but 10Mbps won't affect much even exceeds the required distance, only the 25Mbps will see the difference.

  9. #909
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    West side of S'pore
    Posts
    5,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    depends on what you're on now ... and what you intend to do with the connection.

    $88/mth and letting it idle is really a waste of $$$ ...
    Use BitTorrent to download stuff 24/7...

  10. #910
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    another factor is ... do you like someone sniffing your packets all the time?

    If not .. consider other ISPs ... Singnet is pretty slow now.

    Garion:


  11. #911
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Use BitTorrent to download stuff 24/7...
    ... shhhhhhhh

  12. #912
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wow... Alex using iBook sia!!!!
    no lah...bought a Acer notebook...you saw it what, I brought it to NUg once

  13. #913
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garion
    Use BitTorrent to download stuff 24/7...
    then you can start dreaming liao.
    SN capped the P2P network protocols bandwidth during daytime and peak hours.

  14. #914
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    gonna do some readup b4 deciding...

  15. #915
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    yup, his is quite close to the DSLAM, so quite good lor. but 10Mbps won't affect much even exceeds the required distance, only the 25Mbps will see the difference.
    yup ... true ... but then if you're closer to the DSLAM ... it'll be better.. cos you'll be getting better than expected speeds ... i've no time to call up my providers yet and make noise to have them relocate me to a closer DSLAM ...

  16. #916
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Chey... should buy PowerBook ma!

  17. #917
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    yup ... true ... but then if you're closer to the DSLAM ... it'll be better.. cos you'll be getting better than expected speeds ... i've no time to call up my providers yet and make noise to have them relocate me to a closer DSLAM ...
    if you can, ask for the manager, very helpful person.

  18. #918
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    gonna do some readup b4 deciding...
    IMO, wait for it to stablise first. it is still in the "trial" although SN has rolled out the service. They still need those who subscribe first to be their guinea pigs for the time being.

  19. #919
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Chey... should buy PowerBook ma!
    no $$ leh...the notebook is for my sis...

  20. #920
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    if you can, ask for the manager, very helpful person.
    not easy .. i'm running 2 DSL lines from 2 different providers...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •