Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor photographer ! come in share your tips here !

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    I save until siao also now still cannot buy DSLR.
    can lah ... but once you buy a DSLR ... you've just started another road to ...

BUY BUY BUY!

I save until siao also now still cannot buy DSLR.
    Sell backside!!

sell everything? liquidate anything, DA, that applies especially to you.

Are you really poor when you can afford any camera to take pictures?
    I only managed to get my own cam when I started working. Anyway you look at it, this hobby is still quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    can lah ... but once you buy a DSLR ... you've just started another road to ...

BUY BUY BUY!
    The beginning of a poor guy all over again after buying.

The beginning of a poor guy all over again after buying.

But nothing compares to the shiokness you will have after that....

Quote Originally Posted by hotgraphy
    But nothing compares to the shiokness you will have after that....
    Shiokness comes for a price.

Shiokness comes for a price.
    Price that you are willing to pay...

NSFs are poor? Not really.

I heard that a 3rd Sgt is drawing a pay of $500++, let alone NCOs. Comparing to the miserable pay last time, you guys are more fortunate nowadays.

Most of the time, you are staying in camp, eating cook house food for breakfast, lunch and dinner or even supper + free lodging. You can save quite a bit.

Work hard. (how come no one mentioned this?)
    Last weekend I worked so hard and slept <10 hours in total, now I feel like zombie.

how to survive in NS
    - buying guard duties (with proper paperwork done hor!) if you're staying in, buy more weekday duties and weekends.
    - saving the $1 coins are actually very effective. Everyday I'll save all my $1 coins and now i've so much i dunno what to do with em.. (no i'm not giving them away, keep dreaming)
    - Look for moonlighting jobs.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

With digital, photography doesn't have to be expensive.

When I started out with film, the running costs were ridiculous, especially when it comes to practicing. 1 roll film + development approx $13-15. Shoot to practice, then throw everything away.

With digital, your initial outlay may be high ($500 up for a good camera), but you can shoot as many shots as you want. Just avoid the temptation of buying too many accessories and crap that you may not actually need. Those really cost needless amounts of dosh. 1 512MB CF card is about 60 bucks, one more spare batt, that's all you need.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by Newman
    Are you really poor when you can afford any camera to take pictures?
    I only managed to get my own cam when I started working. Anyway you look at it, this hobby is still quite expensive.
    anyone can also afford any camera just which are the one you are refering to , for me photography is my main hobby , since i started photography i seldom go clubbing , watch movie and stuff so i spend alot on my equipment and people around my age say that i am crazy as the money i spend is enough to get a bike ... i look at them and told them " get a life and dont waste your life and time , my aint cheap how about yrs ? " treasure time if you think its expensive

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman
    With digital, photography doesn't have to be expensive.

When I started out with film, the running costs were ridiculous, especially when it comes to practicing. 1 roll film + development approx $13-15. Shoot to practice, then throw everything away.

With digital, your initial outlay may be high ($500 up for a good camera), but you can shoot as many shots as you want. Just avoid the temptation of buying too many accessories and crap that you may not actually need. Those really cost needless amounts of dosh. 1 512MB CF card is about 60 bucks, one more spare batt, that's all you need.
    agree , those CSer here who know me initially when i was shooting flim know how much i shoot per trip usually is about 5-10 rolls and processing and cost = 1 roll about $10 and one weekend i shoot about 1-2 times each time about $50-$80 so afterall i think DSLR is still much more flexible for non commercial professional

clement i got solution for you, buy more guard duty

Quote Originally Posted by USM
    NSFs are poor? Not really.

I heard that a 3rd Sgt is drawing a pay of $500++, let alone NCOs. Comparing to the miserable pay last time, you guys are more fortunate nowadays.

Most of the time, you are staying in camp, eating cook house food for breakfast, lunch and dinner or even supper + free lodging. You can save quite a bit.
    combat side SGT gets even more ! ok la but as compare to my own work before i enter the army i am still getting far less then this ....

Quote Originally Posted by Klose
    clement i got solution for you, buy more guard duty
    yr uncle come back liao now distribute confinement like santa giving christmas present like that how ? i kena 1 weekend this week on sunday ..... u go talk to his wife la ask him let me off abit hahaha

I am a very poor student, if i can, i will apply for needy student fund.

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    yr uncle come back liao now distribute confinement like santa giving christmas present like that how ? i kena 1 weekend this week on sunday ..... u go talk to his wife la ask him let me off abit hahaha
    dont want leh my position now in champions league i dont want to be condemned to div 2

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    anyone can also afford any camera just which are the one you are refering to , for me photography is my main hobby , since i started photography i seldom go clubbing , watch movie and stuff so i spend alot on my equipment and people around my age say that i am crazy as the money i spend is enough to get a bike ... i look at them and told them " get a life and dont waste your life and time , my aint cheap how about yrs ? " treasure time if you think its expensive
    Heh. Clubbing is another expensive hobby. One night, *minimum* $70. And in most cases, you'd either be puking $50 worth of booze into the longkang along MSR. It's only worth it if you can score with the babes there. Thus, for un-handsome people like me, clubbing really waste time & money only (even though I used to enjoy it).

And here's another tip if you want extra finances: Don't ever get married. You'll be able to afford a new F6 and burn 30 rolls a weekend - just for fun.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast