Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Inconsiderate Photog

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    how about straws and green or red beans ??

shoot thru straws...
    my mouth not that powerful leh.
    don't have that kind of skill. at least i started training with rubber bands and paper bullets since primary school!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    I used to work for newspaper agency and most of us will know each other when we cover assignments. We will help one another if this incident does happen.

Talk to him and tell him that he is blocking others. If he doesn't budge, here are a few things to make sure he doesn't get a shot :

1) While shooting, use your shoulder to knock him and say "Oh sorry didn't see you"

2) Keep on knocking until he gets frustrated

3) He if wants to pick a fight, he will sure lose as there is a few of your all around. Make
    sure you all help each other.

4) Stretch your hands in front of his lens to block his view

5) Use a few flashes and direct it towards his lens - sure kena flare or direct a full power
    flash on his eyes sure blind one.

6) Although it's an open event, the organisers are still responsible for crowd control. So
    basically it's still their premises for that day as they rented it. So talk to them and let
    them know there is a 7 feet monster among the crowd. I have talk to a few of them
    before and it works!

Anyway this is how we make sure he learn his lesson. Still we should respect all photographers, be it novice or semi pro or newbie. If you are not sure, just ask. There are so many photographers in different events, it's good to sometimes know what you can and cannot do.

If you really want to bring a ladder stay either behind the shorter photographers (except Wai). If you are really short, then just stay in front. It's good that the original poster posted the photo. This is to show how selfish some photographers are but why no one dare to approach him on the day of the event?
    U are so bad...i it ..
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    I guess a lots knows that he got at least 2 nicks ...
    1) ladderman
    2) 100% block u man
    3) Bo chup man
    4) full battle camera man ( like going for war with camera )
    soon to be known as.."The targeted man"

prepare some paper bullets..haha
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    that's why I mentioned in my first post, I'll equip myslef with rubber bands and paper bullets. cheap, light and easy to carry.
    time to train up my marksmanship!
    Paper bullet???

USELESS!!!

Skin so THICK.... I think you need 7.62mm at least!!! hahaha..
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Haha...
    He by now should already know about this thread...
    He should be smart enough not to do it again, else his face will be all over here & the reputation he built will go down the drain. & he'll have to register a 3rd nick liao...

Let's just give him another chance lar. Anyway, this is the 1st time he's doing it? Hopefully will be the last.

Come to think of it, the gear looks really familiar siah...
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Now let's all imagine that it wasn't a ladder, but a short length camera track and a platform to move in and out.

Then it wouldn't be paper bullets, but curry-filled supersoakers
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Haha...
    He by now should already know about this thread...
    He should be smart enough not to do it again, else his face will be all over here & the reputation he built will go down the drain. & he'll have to register a 3rd nick liao...

Let's just give him another chance lar. Anyway, this is the 1st time he's doing it? Hopefully will be the last.
    And serves as a good example for those who plan to do so in future events too!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by GENO
    U are so bad...i it ..
    HAHA.......at least I am giving you all some tips on how to ruin a photographer's day.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    unfortunately, he will most probably do so and there's very little we can do. cos he's throw it back at anyone's face who complained that this is a public event. hence, he can do wat he like.
    kick his ladder lor......fall down and remain in the hospital for a couple of months.....then we have free from the LADDERMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    that's why I mentioned in my first post, I'll equip myslef with rubber bands and paper bullets. cheap, light and easy to carry.
    time to train up my marksmanship!
    Next time me will equip with that too.....but I think I will go for more POWDERFUL one.....a Slingshot.....with stones! Wahaha......LADDERMAN we are all eyeing on you on your next shoot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    HAHA.......at least I am giving you all some tips on how to ruin a photographer's day.

OT a bit...

I ruined a photographer's day B4..
    He angled his flash to the side, & kept on flashing me & my friends.. I fed up, set up slave at full blast...

Someone should start a thread "What was the worst thing u ever did to a fellow photograpger?"

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    OT a bit...

I ruined a photographer's day B4..
    He angled his flash to the side, & kept on flashing me & my friends.. I fed up, set up slave at full blast...

Someone should start a thread "What was the worst thing u ever did to a fellow photograpger?"

allow me.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Wow this thread has span 9 pages in such a short time.

One of my friends once told me that photographers are a passionate lot, at least about what they do and the quality of photos they produced.

I guess this guy (no idea who he is??) was so engrossed in what he's doing when taking the photographs and he must have really wanted to get some good photographs that he forgot that there were people also trying to take some photos, notwithstanding the fact that he was blocking the view of other photographers and was subsequently told to get down from the ladder.

His mind was probably just 100% focused in getting the right shots correctly, other considerations became secondary to him.

This thread has certainly brought an awareness that despite photographers being passionate about the art they practised, it does do better if one could spend a tiny bit of time and effort to take into consideration the people and things happening around him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon
    Paper bullet???

USELESS!!!

Skin so THICK.... I think you need 7.62mm at least!!! hahaha..
    I created some paper pellets last time, coated with plastic cover. Did a test shot and they pierced through 8 pieces of paper (80 gsm)
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    I created some paper pellets last time, coated with plastic cover. Did a test shot and they pierced through 8 pieces of paper (80 gsm)
    Wah......so fierce har?

As the saying goes, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" -Confucius

Food for thought ...

wa piangz... what u did to the bullet sia... reinforcement...

Quote Originally Posted by eAgles
    As the saying goes, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" -Confucius

Food for thought ...
    still hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Arcanic~
    wa piangz... what u did to the bullet sia... reinforcement...
    The warhead made of staples??

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast