Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 198

Thread: Inconsiderate Photog

  1. #121
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    I don't go for such events too but just join in for fun and too bored at home. No $$$ to go for paid shoots leh.
    Discover some potential models and ask them sincerely for TFPs.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  2. #122
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    the last event that i go...someone was standing on a small stool (about 20cm in height) and the security ask him to come down.

    the security also checked my feets to see if i was standing on anything
    Did he suspect you are the lengendary long lost human tripod?

    ok,a bit cold here.


  3. #123
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    the last event that i go...someone was standing on a small stool (about 20cm in height) and the security ask him to come down.

    the security also checked my feets to see if i was standing on anything
    That's cool for the authorities. Chances should be given to all photogs.

    I presume you're very tall bro.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default

    Wai is slightly over 180cm. Remember standing next to him and Sianrongz shooting SHE at Civic Plaza before. So intimidated when I see his L lens Using a S304 at that time.

  5. #125
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    Wai is slightly over 180cm. Remember standing next to him and Sianrongz shooting SHE at Civic Plaza before. So intimidated when I see his L lens Using a S304 at that time.
    That's too tall for me. I sure can't stand behind him during these events.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  6. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    That's too tall for me. I sure can't stand behind him during these events.
    you shld stand behind him...

    And if he block you, aim at his knee-joint there and wack from behind......

    "TIMBER"






  7. #127
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    keke... is the guilty party in the list?

    small comfort to those blocked by this chap - at least he wasn't using one of those giant hammerhead metz flash with quantum batt packs. not only will u all be blocked, u'll also be blinded....
    A person who uses that much flash lighting in the day and at such close distance..hmm..

    The less flash used, the better.Not as if there is too much of a light source at one particular angle that you need to compensate THAT much.Lol..Stick to naturals, that's what I feel.

    Clearly not a Pro.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  8. #128
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    A person who uses that much flash lighting in the day and at such close distance..hmm..

    The less flash used, the better.Not as if there is too much of a light source at one particular angle that you need to compensate THAT much.Lol..Stick to naturals, that's what I feel.

    Clearly not a Pro.
    according to the grapevine, he's a semi-pro...

    u'll be surprised... mebbe he tell u he wants to fill-in?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  9. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    ya lor.. the maxim mag also cant turn him on.

    wan to turn him on , v easy... jus give him a key !!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    So... who is he ah?? pls PM me the nick... I am very curious...

  11. #131
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default

    That's a very violent way. I'll ask nicely: Excuse me bro, can you go down a bit so that I can take some shots of that georgeous chio bu?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestrike
    you shld stand behind him...

    And if he block you, aim at his knee-joint there and wack from behind......

    "TIMBER"





    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  12. #132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    A person who uses that much flash lighting in the day and at such close distance..hmm..

    The less flash used, the better.Not as if there is too much of a light source at one particular angle that you need to compensate THAT much.Lol..Stick to naturals, that's what I feel.

    Clearly not a Pro.
    if he is who we think he is, have never seen him without his flash on his D100, with the stroboframe and battery pack. That and the hair ... dead give away ...
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zplus
    So... who is he ah?? pls PM me the nick... I am very curious...

    actually pple who has seen him b4 , will know who he is lah..
    cos everytime i see him, he also wear the same attire one leh..

  14. #134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Will03
    actually pple who has seen him b4 , will know who he is lah..
    cos everytime i see him, he also wear the same attire one leh..
    yup ... seem like he got onli one attire for all types of events ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  15. #135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    yup ... seem like he got onli one attire for all types of events ..
    after ssssoooooooo many hints, i still dun know who he is...
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    yup ... seem like he got onli one attire for all types of events ..
    now that you mentioned it, the gear setup, the hair and the black on black outfit, 3 things that gave him away.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  17. #137

    Default

    maybe he is the god of photography ? only see the back only ... haha

  18. #138

    Default

    only one attire/outfit? no wonder everybody siamz him..

  19. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    after ssssoooooooo many hints, i still dun know who he is...
    God of Gambler, back only, me also figuring who he is.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  20. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    I used to work for newspaper agency and most of us will know each other when we cover assignments. We will help one another if this incident does happen.

    Talk to him and tell him that he is blocking others. If he doesn't budge, here are a few things to make sure he doesn't get a shot :

    1) While shooting, use your shoulder to knock him and say "Oh sorry didn't see you"

    2) Keep on knocking until he gets frustrated

    3) He if wants to pick a fight, he will sure lose as there is a few of your all around. Make
    sure you all help each other.

    4) Stretch your hands in front of his lens to block his view

    5) Use a few flashes and direct it towards his lens - sure kena flare or direct a full power
    flash on his eyes sure blind one.

    6) Although it's an open event, the organisers are still responsible for crowd control. So
    basically it's still their premises for that day as they rented it. So talk to them and let
    them know there is a 7 feet monster among the crowd. I have talk to a few of them
    before and it works!

    Anyway this is how we make sure he learn his lesson. Still we should respect all photographers, be it novice or semi pro or newbie. If you are not sure, just ask. There are so many photographers in different events, it's good to sometimes know what you can and cannot do.

    If you really want to bring a ladder stay either behind the shorter photographers (except Wai). If you are really short, then just stay in front. It's good that the original poster posted the photo. This is to show how selfish some photographers are but why no one dare to approach him on the day of the event?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 256789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •