Thread: presidential elections

Default presidential elections

mmm... how come there is no thread on the upcoming presidential elections? Aren't you guys interested? For once we might actually have an election

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    mmm... how come there is no thread on the upcoming presidential elections? Aren't you guys interested? For once we might actually have an election
    Yeap, but like what your statement just mentioned, might.

ya but for once we actually have someone looking rather credible stepping forward to actually give us a chance to vote and decide who we actually want for our president. We should all give him the support

I thought election day is public holiday right? Since it is on Sat, will we get monday off??
    Last edited by wind30; 6th August 2005 at 08:30 PM.

We have a thread on it, do a search.

oh ya found the thread. 3 weeks ago right?

Wonder if Andrew Kuan will be able to contest? I mean if the CFO of JTC also cannot contest....

but nowadays hard to discuss anything about politics even on the web. The law in Singapore is so hard to interpret. Even professional lawyers get sued for defamation, etc, and they have to argue for like months to find out whether it is defamation, etc. The public like me also dun dare to say anything now as I am law illiterate

Just hope to have a chance to speak with my vote.

this is not the first time we have an election,
    remember the OTC and Chua?

ya but for once we actually have someone looking rather credible stepping forward to actually give us a chance to vote and decide who we actually want for our president. We should all give him the support

I thought election day is public holiday right? Since it is on Sat, will we get monday off??
    don't think so leh. but government already gone 5 days work-week. so will holidays which landed on a saturday be brought forward to monday?

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    don't think so leh. but government already gone 5 days work-week. so will holidays which landed on a saturday be brought forward to monday?
    Wait... long... long...
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Wait... long... long...
    waiting lo...

All I know is that the poor civil servants who are suppposed to be manning the election centres will be having a hard time throughout. and then get paid 0.00005 of a peanut.
    Work: PicasaWeb | Play: Animus3 | Mobile: Tumblr

Lightbulb

if we were asked to vote, what are criterias to look at if nathan stood again. his fatherly figure, head of state figure, common men's president, fund raising, etc? i have not heard or seen anything about his performance whether he is effective in his role of holding 2nd key to the country's reserves. i had read about o t cheong's role in this respect. i think he had met some opposition from the govt then.

Just another qn, what if a person don't vote? wat's the punishment?

Lightbulb

i think it is the same as GE. name will not be in register until reason for not voting is accepted. eg. overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Just another qn, what if a person don't vote? wat's the punishment?

Default Re: presidential elections

i remember one statement that he made on tv when reporter asked him if he is too old to run for presidency again. it really turned me off.

a few threads on this topic already, but all have been locked up only after a few postings. this thread is likely to be locked up soon.
    Last edited by tao; 11th August 2005 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    a few threads on this topic already, but all have been locked up by some touchy mods. this thread is likely to be locked up soon.
    All political related discussions and topics are touchy and sensitive. Posters usually doesnt fully understand the situation they are in when posting such things especially personal comments in public forum like this. Thats why we have disallowed political related discussion in this forum. This is for the good of our members and this forum. And thats clearly stated in our guidelines right from the start.

All similar threads will be locked up.