Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shoot-to-kill policy

Lightbulb Shoot-to-kill policy

The international assoc of chiefs of police offered guidelines to tackle terrorists. they recommended:

"if lethal force is needed to stop someone who fits a certain behavioural profile, the officer should aim for the head to kill the person instantly. .....

.......a policeman does not have to wait until a suspected bomber makes a move in order to use deadly force but just needs to have 'reasonable basis' to believe the suspect would detonate a bomb."

your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    The international assoc of chiefs of police offered guidelines to tackle terrorists. they recommended:

"if lethal force is needed to stop someone who fits a certain behavioural profile, the officer should aim for the head to kill the person instantly. .....

.......a policeman does not have to wait until a suspected bomber makes a move in order to use deadly force but just needs to have 'reasonable basis' to believe the suspect would detonate a bomb."

your comments.
    Wad can I say?

Kill-kill-kill. Go for a headshot (unless the fella got a detonator wired to his brain).

Better 1 dies den to see mass destruction.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Well, that's what they (the terrorists) make this police into such a place that they got to perform their duty for the public sake.
    On the other hand, they might kill someone else or even wounded others.

Headshots are a challenge no doubt. But unless we're toking abt a wowo shooter who can miss an Elephant standing just 3ft away with a MP5 (w/Sharpshooter's scope), chances are little that they'll hit someone else instead of the terrorist.

Of cos, wowo shooters should never be put on the streets. Dying frm a ricohet wound is absolutely embarrassing and outright plain unlucky.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Damn terrorists!

Lightbulb

i understand that the type of rounds used for such missions will explode upon impact and will not exit the head or body. so, the risk of ricochet is as good as zero.

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Headshots are a challenge no doubt. But unless we're toking abt a wowo shooter who can miss an Elephant standing just 3ft away with a MP5 (w/Sharpshooter's scope), chances are little that they'll hit someone else instead of the terrorist.

Of cos, wowo shooters should never be put on the streets. Dying frm a ricohet wound is absolutely embarrassing and outright plain unlucky.

using hollow point rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003

your comments.
    Well, it may be an bad idea, but there is no choice. Especially dealing with enemy within our compound.

Chinese have a saying : 先 发 制 人
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Fighting fire with fire!

Hell yeah, BANG!

Police: Headshot!

Terrorist: WTF? TEAMS!

Police: pwned by da 31337!

Terrorist: GG!

Violence vs violence.

I agreed with the "Kill" order. Kill those terrorists..

Lightbulb

yes, i think you got the word. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    using hollow point rounds?

The main purpose of a gun/rifle is to kill isn't it? By the time a policeman managed to shoot a terrorist's legs/arms, he might have trigger off a bomb or something else. If you did guard duty and range during NS time, you'll know that shotting at legs/arms are quite difficult esp from a distance. Arms and legs move much more than a body and the terrorist is not gonna stand there and pose for a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Arms and legs move much more than a body and the terrorist is not gonna stand there and pose for a shot.
    Buah...hah....ha....ha..... & so on....

I don't agree with this 100%. They just killed an innocent man. Their reason? The man came out of a house that they have put under surveillance. When they chased that man, he ran. When he tripped, they tackled him and shot him at the back of his head. At first he was branded a terrorist until 1 unidentified policeman admitted he is not. Now they are saying its justified to protect the people.

Imagine yourself suddenly being chased by people with gun, won't you panic and run? And imagine you or someone you know is the person above, would you think it is still justified? For the police, he is an acceptable collateral damage and blame it on the terrorist. For the people he know, he is a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgbyte77
    I don't agree with this 100%. They just killed an innocent man. Their reason? The man came out of a house that they have put under surveillance. When they chased that man, he ran. When he tripped, they tackled him and shot him at the back of his head. At first he was branded a terrorist until 1 unidentified policeman admitted he is not. Now they are saying its justified to protect the people.

Imagine yourself suddenly being chased by people with gun, won't you panic and run? And imagine you or someone you know is the person above, would you think it is still justified? For the police, he is an acceptable collateral damage and blame it on the terrorist. For the people he know, he is a victim.
    Well, who dares to admit that he/she is a terrorist. It is a most difficult problem to settle if all this f****** don't admit who they are.
    All people is making a guessing game. And other innocent live is lost due to the cause this MF have made. S***...

guys, most of us fired m16, how many are marksman? even myself, 55/56 shots marksman can only garentee i can hit the target, but not even 50% sure i can hit it on the head. what makes you think those in the police force can do better. note they are arm with revolver, making aiming even more difficult than m16.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

tink they might as well inititute the chinese style of "jiu3 ju2" for terrorist.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Lightbulb

i believe that those assigned to do anti-terrorism patrols in mrt stations or along orchard rd, these folks had proven to have acquired the necessary skills to pass the test, including marksmanship, etc, etc. wo wo king would not be assigned.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee
    guys, most of us fired m16, how many are marksman? even myself, 55/56 shots marksman can only garentee i can hit the target, but not even 50% sure i can hit it on the head. what makes you think those in the police force can do better. note they are arm with revolver, making aiming even more difficult than m16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast