Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ebay purchase

Quote Originally Posted by nutek
    Many of them don't entertain international bids/questions.
    Sad to say, we Singaporeans are usually regarded as in the same class as Spanish, Nigerian or Indonesian scammers.
    Iam not sure about that, but once I did receive an email from someone who works for the seller.....many of these big time seller on eBay (those with thousands of feedbacks) have shops, and don't entertain emails personally, but have students working for them to do the communication. Your message may have gone lost........

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by dreamseeker
    If the shipping/handling/insurance cost is not indicated or stated in the ebay ad, you would have to send a query to the seller to quote you for the cost.

Thereafter if you are the winner, just re-confirm the shipping and winning price amount to the seller and send payment to seller together.
    Yes, I would like to add: make sure you have confirmd with the seller how much the shipping is, many US sellers have the tendency to add ridiculous handling charges or even shipping charges, they will then say, you should have emailed me beofre the auction ended to get shipping costs.....there are otherwise good US sellers too who don't charge handling charges (some have to go miles away to get to the post office).

Shipping from Europe IS extremely high!!! And they generally don't charge handling charges.....

Hong Sien

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien
    Iam not sure about that, but once I did receive an email from someone who works for the seller.....many of these big time seller on eBay (those with thousands of feedbacks) have shops, and don't entertain emails personally, but have students working for them to do the communication. Your message may have gone lost........

Hong Sien
    Hmmm.....3 emails in a single transaction without any answer or reply from seller.
    What do you think the chances are that the 3 emails send at different days apart got lost.

Quote Originally Posted by kktan
    Hmmm.....3 emails in a single transaction without any answer or reply from seller.
    What do you think the chances are that the 3 emails send at different days apart got lost.

Did the seller write on the auction page that the sale is for within the US only? This could be a reason that they don't want to entertain you..........some of them are indeed a pain the butt, quite tough if you didn't read their auction page properly.....although I always ask them if they are willing to send overseas. Many of them are willing to do that, some don't. Be also aware that the default listing setting on eBay USA is that you send only within the US......

HS

Quote Originally Posted by nutek
    Many of them don't entertain international bids/questions.
    Sad to say, we Singaporeans are usually regarded as in the same class as Spanish, Nigerian or Indonesian scammers.
    Well, some of the sellers had in the past some bad experience with scammers who used a SG address.......however, most sellers don't place SG together with Nigeria, Indonesia and that Eastern-European country.......by the way: scammers can be everywere.......I was scammed thrice by US sellers ( something I mention to some US sellers who insinuate that selling to Asia is full of dangers......:-)).

HS

Well, some of the sellers had in the past some bad experience with scammers who used a SG address.......however, most sellers don't place SG together with Nigeria, Indonesia and that Eastern-European country.......by the way: scammers can be everywere.......I was scammed thrice by US sellers ( something I mention to some US sellers who insinuate that selling to Asia is full of dangers......:-)).

HS

HS. you got scammed three times. that is alot. gosh.
    ladies and gentlemen, kindly do beware of NIGERIANS. hahahaha. yes. previously mentioned that its better to judge ratings, [Caveat Emptor!!] than judge nationality, but sadly for Nigerians, the latter comes into play.

of course, they are the overseas buyers, not local Nigerians we see walking around arnd shopping areas like Penin sometimes..

check out http://www.419eater.com/

basically this is all about baiting scammers. and yes it is hilarious. really. on the webby, just go read up on the many successful scambaits that have resulted in these scammers actually doing dumb-to-the-funnybone-core things that the scambaiters request them to do in order to prove themselves worthy to recieve literally thousands of dollars in the event of a successful scam...

gosh. and check out the pictures.

just serves as a reminder to all online auction users on the live and ongoing ( but sometimes EXTREMELY dumb ) reality of overseas scamming activities.
    regards
    doug

Quote Originally Posted by hazyls
    The seller did not offer paypal but will accept payment via bidpay. Is bidpay safe? I do not want to expose my credit card info.
    Bidpay is more expensive. Paypal is the best & cheapest. I got refunded many times when item did not reach me or item doesn't work as described. Can only get that when paid by Paypal. There is some sort of assurance...

I won't buy from sellers in Germany, Russia, or even further away europeans country. Less reliable. More reliable is sellers from US, Aussie or Asia, like H.K. China ones not so reliable, a lot of things they sell is cheap skate or fake goods, like Nike shoes. Indonesian sellers are also rip off & not reliable.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

I forgot to mention i am only willing to pay by Paypal for Ebay purchase. Only buy from sellers that accept Paypal. More reliable & there is some assurance.
    From Pentax to 4/3, back to Pentax and then back to M4/3 !?!?

Please be exact what you are saying: Bidpay IS safe as long as you KNOW how it works........

Bidpay sends you an email message to confirm that a check is underway to you, thereis an inclusion to NOT send the goods BEFORE you receive the ACTUAL MO. Plus, get the MO cashed in at your bank first at your bank. In SG this can take about 30 days (!!) and will costs you SGD 40 or so (cause the MO's are in USD)........this are the main reasons I don't accept Bidpay MO's or other MO's/checks.

What you received was a FAKE email message from 'Bidpay' telling you that you were paid with an MO, but you should still have waited for the MO to arrive. It obviously didn't arrive.......

As long as you know how Bidpay works IT IS SAFE......

Hong Sien
    I guess you can say it is safe. If you received the physical payment first. Then there cheat seller will sent these fake e-mail out and tell you these are sent by bidpay as proof of payment been sent out to trick you to sent out the item. They look very real. If I dun share this experience are you sure there not others will fall into this trap.

HS
    Oh, it's very true that more and more sellers on Ebay do NOT want to deal with Singaporeans.

They find Singaporeans overly fussy and like to ask too many ****ing questions. I can very well understand that, having dealt with more than a few idiots locally. (There's this Hokkien phrase "NCNL" that very well describes them, as well as, "APACATLN")

For whatever reason(s), Midwest Photo Exchange, one of the biggest and best used camera equipment retailer in the US does not want anything to do with Singaporeans any more.

Oh btw I am not saying all Singaporean buyers are bad (on the contrary I have had great transactions with quite many), but the idiot ones spoil it for everyone else......
    Last edited by kahheng; 10th August 2005 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    Oh, it's very true that more and more sellers on Ebay do NOT want to deal with Singaporeans.

They find Singaporeans overly fussy and like to ask too many ****ing questions. I can very well understand that, having dealt with more than a few idiots locally.

For whatever reason(s), Midwest Photo Exchange, one of the biggest and best used camera equipment retailers in the US do not want anything to do with Singaporeans any more.

Oh btw I am not saying all Singaporean buyers are bad (on the contrary I have had great transactions with quite many), but the idiot ones spoil it for everyone else......
    Hah! Luckily, I moved to HK..........

I used to buy many things from MPEX, one of my favourite online shops (next to Cameta), too bad...........

I know your experiences! Questions but not buying in the end, cause they say no money(why ask in the first place??), or they want MINT items for a junk price, come on! Fussy about a scratch that you can't see, trying to find all possible faults just to get the price down, etc........

Maybe, some just like to ask questions for the sake of it.......some weird psycho problem here, not enough social contacts? :-)

Hong Sien

Hah! Luckily, I moved to HK..........

I used to buy many things from MPEX, one of my favourite online shops (next to Cameta), too bad...........

I know your experiences! Questions but not buying in the end, cause they say no money(why ask in the first place??), or they want MINT items for a junk price, come on! Fussy about a scratch that you can't see, trying to find all possible faults just to get the price down, etc........

Maybe, some just like to ask questions for the sake of it.......some weird psycho problem here, not enough social contacts? :-)

Hong Sien
    Not something we are proud of. KS in us does get better of us at time.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_sti_22b
    Bidpay is more expensive. Paypal is the best & cheapest. I got refunded many times when item did not reach me or item doesn't work as described. Can only get that when paid by Paypal. There is some sort of assurance...

I won't buy from sellers in Germany, Russia, or even further away europeans country. Less reliable. More reliable is sellers from US, Aussie or Asia, like H.K. China ones not so reliable, a lot of things they sell is cheap skate or fake goods, like Nike shoes. Indonesian sellers are also rip off & not reliable.
    Sorry, but I had only good experiences with German and russian (once only though) sellers, so i all depends on the individual, I don't think it is right to say that you don't want to deal with all Germans, Russians, just because you got bad deals with some......same for me: I got scammed thrice (well items arrived, but they were not exactly what I was buying, or thought I was) by US sellers out of maybe 400+ deals........

It is all about numbers.......

And I tried to play along with two of those Nigerian scammers, but in the end I just let it go......

Waiting for my Kah Heng's bride from Russia with Love.........hmmmm, is this also a scam? Hopefully it is a real woman, at least! I am so lonely here........

Hong Sien

Waiting for my Kah Heng's bride from Russia with Love.........hmmmm, is this also a scam? Hopefully it is a real woman, at least! I am so lonely here........

Hong Sien
    Don't worry, Tatiana is a good woman. Very enchanting.

It is all about numbers.......
    That's absolutely true. And that's the only way you can feel comfortable trading on Ebay.

Don't worry, Tatiana is a good woman. Very enchanting.
    So, why didn't you keep her?...........;-)

HS

So, why didn't you keep her?...........;-)

HS
    Because I care for you more

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Not something we are proud of. KS in us does get better of us at time.
    The thing is that people worry too much about little things, like a small scratch that won't affect your image, or that one tiny fungus inside the lens........it is psychological, not based on realistic thinking..........that tiny fungus can be cleaned, it won't affect your image at ALL! It is just that people won't feel comfortable.........

Soemtimes, it is also the lack of experience, or not ready to take risks when buying overseas or from eBay. Ebay is a cheap place (in most cases) to buy things that often can not be found in Asia, so I accept that there is a risk, and the low price is a 'reward' in most cases sofar....

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hazyls
    Hi, I am tempted to get some stuff from a russian based seller in ebay with very high feedback rating. However, when I saw the "seller's other items", there are very few/no bids for all the items on sales.

I am not sure if the items are generally not in demand, or is there a conscious effort to avoid the particular seller, or perhaps russian seller in general. Please advise.
    Sorry for going OT, but just to keep this on track:

Just because the fella's auctions have no bids at the time you look does not mean that there's something fishy. Many people bid only at the last moments or maybe the things are not interesting to most people; there can be many reasons.

It's more useful to look at feedbacks and how long the fella has been on Ebay.

I have not had a 'Soviet' transaction go bad so far. [I figure that people who drink a lot of vodka to purify themselves daily can't be bad people ]

But the future need not be like the past......

Buy with money you can 'afford' to lose, and if it's too good to be true, it often is!

Because I care for you more
    He!he!........you are so lovely and adorable!

HS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast