Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Michael Yamashita's Works @ NLB

Default Re: Michael Yamashita's Works @ NLB

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    there is no confirmation slip to bring along. i supposed they have a namelist whom they sent out confirmation.
    Thanks for the info bro. Still think the organiser should let the ppl know bout the status. Anyway, it wouldn't be a wasted trip I reckon, up stairs go selling photography books i heard ..etc..

Quote Originally Posted by VmanD70
    Think lotsa us have registered but didn't receive any reply from the organiser in the form of email. Shall we go ahead? I called NLB and looks like its full dy
    Those whose registration are accepted should have received a reply e-mail. There's a name list there for those who are going.

He's a funny guy too..

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    tin there is another photography exhibition at level 5 of the new NLB. went there today and saw some big A0 sized printouts done by HP designjets for sale....
    That's HYPE.

http://www.hypegallery.com.sg/

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i got a confirmation from nlb regarding the talk tomorrow.
    Are you in the morning of afternoon session? I'm in the pm session. If you are too, c u there.

M.Y. did came for a seminar at SAFRA Tampines back in early 2002, if I'm not wrong. Do hope that there is autography signing on that day.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 16th August 2005 at 07:29 AM.

Lightbulb Re: Michael Yamashita's Works @ NLB

PM session too. see u there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Are you in the morning of afternoon session? I'm in the pm session. If you are too, c u there.

Very well presented and I thought quite entertaining also. Jolly old man , young at heart .

I was at the morning session...

I was at the SAFRA Tampines session by Michael Yamashita as well as another session at the Alliance Francaise couple of years back. Both presentations were done on 35mm slides and they look fantastic. Today's presentation on Powerpoint isn't "quite there" like he mentioned. They appear to lack something though I'd say the scanning is still pretty well done. In the session at the 16th floor Pod (beautiful place btw) he shared that he actually brought the slides but this new NLB has no slide projector (too high tech?)

Regards
    CK

Yeah, I got my NG mags signed by him today. Very happy.
    Don't really know he still shoot slides or fully digital? But NG only accept slide leh (I think). Didn't ask during the Q&A session, damn. Anyone care to share? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 17th August 2005 at 01:15 AM.

Don't really know he still shoot slides or fully digital? But NG only accept slide leh (I think). Didn't ask during the Q&A session, damn.
    So you are the guy with a few NG mags?

Quote Originally Posted by seng44
    So you are the guy with a few NG mags?
    Hee....hee.....

Don't really know he still shoot slides or fully digital? But NG only accept slide leh (I think). Didn't ask during the Q&A session, damn. Anyone care to share? Thanks in advance.
    He shoot both. NG accepts anything. Mainly Velvia because to get the most saturation out of a frame; he said...

Was there during yesterday's morning session. He was a very down-to-earth kinda guy... was almost trembling when I asked him to comment on my work, but he did so without any reservations. As for NG, he said the standard route would be to go through NG Traveller first, then hopefully make the big leap to the real NG mag...

Lightbulb Re: Michael Yamashita's Works @ NLB

during the talk, he referred to 'slides' quite often, so i assumed he shot those images shown to us in slides. were you alone there?

A total of 2,000+ rolls of Velvia in the making of Marco Polo assignment in 2 years..... he mentioned that, didn't he?

Last edited by arttl; 17th August 2005 at 01:29 PM.

Default two snapshots

Last edited by oeyvind; 17th August 2005 at 01:53 PM.

Yeah... the morning session was great. Very easy to chit chat with him too. But his chaperone kept trying to rush him off to some other place... probably for makan.

Quote Originally Posted by user12343
    tin there is another photography exhibition at level 5 of the new NLB. went there today and saw some big A0 sized printouts done by HP designjets for sale....
    That's the HYPE Gallery exhibits.HYPE London, Paris and now Singapore.

Say meow to the huge-ass cat if you se him
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

yup, he did confirmed he used slides, no filters except for polarizers..

Velvia slides, 35mm format.

I love this guy. really down to earth and friendly. I was there in the morning, and he gave constructive comments to my work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast