Thread: Private or Govt????

Cool Private or Govt????

Which one will to choose to be admit into? Govt hospital or Private hospital?

see which one nearer and has pretty nurses.

govt coz i got subsidies

private

Quote Originally Posted by trigger_lim
    If i have enough $$$ I will go private.... Govt... sad to say... slow service in many cases long wait... no a/c... if you go to wards with a/c close to the price of private liao.... But hor if wanna keng, go govt.... cos there got a lot of houseman Doc... very blur ones... can smoke them to give you lots of .....

Technically speaking, this is like asking take bus or take cab. If you have the $$, for sure anyone will go for the better.

If I'm giving birth, I will most likely go to a private hospital. I heard from most of my aunts that the staff at private hospitals provides better service.

If I'm gonna have a major operation (TOUCH WOOD!!!!), then I will choose government hospitals, 'cos have subsidies... Dunno if this is true but if you are insured with a health policy, it is easier for the insurance companies to process their paperwork with a government hospital.

Just my two cents worth.

Regards,
    -Mich-

The Health Minister had said on record if you govt hospitals will provide Toyota services.

If you aspire more........

Default Peace

Go to the one that brings you peace of mind. i.e. My wife during pregnancy feel comfortable in 1st class but I rest easier if she goes to govt. It so happen there was a minor complication and the cost actually balloon to some 5 fig amount.

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    If I'm giving birth, I will most likely go to a private hospital. I heard from most of my aunts that the staff at private hospitals provides better service.

If I'm gonna have a major operation (TOUCH WOOD!!!!), then I will choose government hospitals, 'cos have subsidies... Dunno if this is true but if you are insured with a health policy, it is easier for the insurance companies to process their paperwork with a government hospital.

Just my two cents worth.

Regards,
    -Mich-
    I would rather get a experienced good gyny who knows what to do when there is complication. And follow whatever hospital he uses.

Just like getting my car to the workshop recently, the attention and service was fantastic. But the mechanic cannot rectify the problem. The car got cleaned and tyres polished though. Waste of my time.

All gyny knows how to deliver a normal birth. Midwife can also deliver for that matter. When delivery turns out to be tricky - subsidies, insurance, nice nurses are non issues....

My half cent worth....if you have a serious ailment, go to a reputable doc. Private or goverment? - non issue.

Depends.
    Small operation or 2~3 days hospital stay, insurance can cover, got money, no problem.

If it is a long term illness which money is going to spend and stretch to limit; and insurance is going to commit all, will you go to private?
    War is one of the most regrettable human activities.

Quote Originally Posted by togu
    Technically speaking, this is like asking take bus or take cab. If you have the $$, for sure anyone will go for the better.
    This one I agree.

OT a bit, I forgot one thing, the saga continue.....
    KT swing light sabre at Togu.

Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Quote Originally Posted by dundee
    I would rather get a experienced good gyny who knows what to do when there is complication. And follow whatever hospital he uses.

Just like getting my car to the workshop recently, the attention and service was fantastic. But the mechanic cannot rectify the problem. The car got cleaned and tyres polished though. Waste of my time.

All gyny knows how to deliver a normal birth. Midwife can also deliver for that matter. When delivery turns out to be tricky - subsidies, insurance, nice nurses are non issues....

My half cent worth....if you have a serious ailment, go to a reputable doc. Private or goverment? - non issue.
    Bear in mind that during the 60s & 70s, most give births at KK hospital.
    You should know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tiger
    Bear in mind that during the 60s & 70s, most give births at KK hospital.
    You should know what I mean.
    Many natural births survived! Whew.

Complex caesarians, bridge babies, GBE, large baby stuck, birth contractions problems, other childbirth viral infections, etc etc - where are you now??

Go private... And pay premium $$ for services, contribute more to the economy. Then people in the civil service like me can get bigger bonuses year-end...

Go Go Go.

Private.. Private.. Private..

Thanks, man...

Lightbulb

by going private, how can it contribute directly to your bigger bonuses? just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamestan
    Go private... And pay premium $$ for services, contribute more to the economy. Then people in the civil service like me can get bigger bonuses year-end...

Go Go Go.

Private.. Private.. Private..

Thanks, man...