Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Camera for Landscape?

Default Re: Camera for Landscape?

The best "Landscape" camera is here:

Great in Dynamic Range, Weatherproofed so you don't have to worry about a light drizzle.... and fantastic Image Quality:

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

Great in Dynamic Range, Weatherproofed so you don't have to worry about a light drizzle.... and fantastic Image Quality:

So TS still cannot decide on 70D or D7100?

You little evil .. *censored* ..
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by bllimus View Post
    So TS still cannot decide on 70D or D7100?
    I've decided on 70D

Quote Originally Posted by zacktan View Post
    I've decided on 70D
    Congrats on your purchase! Body only or kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    You little evil .. *censored* ..

To TS, there is no right or wrong camera at all. The more important thing is that you learn how to produce the photos that you desire to achieve.

Different sensor sizes, different base iso values, different in-camera processing are just some of the things which you have to overcome.

Above all of that is the skill and knowledge of the photographer that determines the end result. That is to say, the final settings that you use, the vision, the composition, the post processing etc.

There are people who say that the A7R can never be a street photographer's camera due to the massive pixel density more suited for commercial and landscape photography, and the fact that the shutter slap is extremely loud. But there are many photographers out there doing just that: street photography with an A7R.

So once you transcend the gear that you use, expect that your photography skills will reach the next level

Blog Entries

To TS, there is no right or wrong camera at all. The more important thing is that you learn how to produce the photos that you desire to achieve.

Different sensor sizes, different base iso values, different in-camera processing are just some of the things which you have to overcome.

Above all of that is the skill and knowledge of the photographer that determines the end result. That is to say, the final settings that you use, the vision, the composition, the post processing etc.

There are people who say that the A7R can never be a street photographer's camera due to the massive pixel density more suited for commercial and landscape photography, and the fact that the shutter slap is extremely loud. But there are many photographers out there doing just that: street photography with an A7R.

So once you transcend the gear that you use, expect that your photography skills will reach the next level
    Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Congrats on your purchase! Body only or kit?
    Hey thank you! Body + 10-18mm UWA and 50mm f1.8. Hehe

Thank you so much for that kind advice! I admit I was too paranoid but that's only because I didn't want my hard saved money to be spent so easily.. But yeap you have a point I believe 70D can produce quality images as long as I don't give up on learning it. Thank you so much

Nice combi to start with. And since the 10-18 is STM, most likely it will pair well with the 70D when recording video.

Hey thank you! Body + 10-18mm UWA and 50mm f1.8. Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    Nice combi to start with. And since the 10-18 is STM, most likely it will pair well with the 70D when recording video.
    Yup! Exactly why I got it, good value for money too haha. Got a lot to learn though, distortion correction and stuff. But I'm not gonna give up easily. And thank you!

now go out and take photos with your new camera, and share them here!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    now go out and take photos with your new camera, and share them here!
    I will, soon! Thank you all for your suggestions and sorry for all the indecisiveness i had.

I've decided on 70D
    Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy your new toy. :-)

Blog Entries

Have fun
    Lousy de My Flickr

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234