Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

  1. #1
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    this.... can someone in SG replicate this??!!?? people with old cameras like me would be most grateful!
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Power!
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  3. #3

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Why on earth would you want to do this? old film cameras have their charm!
    Wonder how the image is stored in his camera.
    Don't see any SD card or any other means of image transfer, or any video showing this.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  4. #4
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Why on earth would you want to do this? old film cameras have their charm!
    Wonder how the image is stored in his camera.
    Don't see any SD card or any other means of image transfer, or any video showing this.
    he did take out the SD card component from the NEX! but yah... the video doesn't show how the images are transferred to the card.

    still.... most impressive...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  5. #5
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    he did take out the SD card component from the NEX! but yah... the video doesn't show how the images are transferred to the card.
    still.... most impressive...
    I suspect it's on the left of the white cover:
    Name:  13-open.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  47.8 KB
    EOS

  6. #6

    Default

    This is really amazing. Kudos to the kid!

  7. #7

    Default

    was amazed too. but it'll be easier just buying adapters for old sch lenses no? since effectively it's still a nex lol

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    was amazed too. but it'll be easier just buying adapters for old sch lenses no? since effectively it's still a nex lol
    Guess it's more "how u get there"

  9. #9
    Moderator nitewalk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,628
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    since effectively it's still a nex lol
    Lololol

  10. #10

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Cool! Would be even cooler if he put the plans on the net, but I think Sony objected when someone else put an iPod in an old Walkman case some years ago.

    Then again, since Sony bought over Konica-Minolta, it's all one brand, right?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Cool! Would be even cooler if he put the plans on the net, but I think Sony objected when someone else put an iPod in an old Walkman case some years ago.

    Then again, since Sony bought over Konica-Minolta, it's all one brand, right?
    Sony bought over Minolta, not KM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Probably next project on his list would to rip out the innards on an A7 and make a digital full frame version. Quite impressed with the "transplant".

  13. #13

    Default Re: At first, you had my curiosity... But now, you have my attention

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Sony bought over Minolta, not KM.
    It was Konica Minolta when they quit the photography business
    http://www.dpreview.com/articles/027...nicaminoltaout

    KM has other business divisions though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •