Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 107

Thread: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

  1. #41
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    No news on stock. Item is still on "preorder" status in B&H.
    I'm hearing in a week here..... limited stocks though. Will update if my sources let the damn cat out of the bag...
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  2. #42
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    Its not a main lens for me (great to have additional, especially when i travel) so I'm glad its a Made in China 'not pro' lens.. Coz then its cheap and light.

    I owned the 35/1.8g, 85/1.8g - both made in china, light, cheap with excellent optics.
    Not saying the lens won't have amazing optics.... but I'd prefer Made In Japan make it more solid at 500grams ( still light ) with heavier Poly Carb Plastic etc...

    Am sure I'll still add this to my kit though.
    Last edited by Dfive; 2nd October 2014 at 10:46 AM.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    First DETAILED lens tests.....

    http://photographylife.com/nikon-20m...al-impressions

    >>> " Summary

    Like the other lenses in Nikon’s 1.8G series, the 20mm f/1.8G offers great performance at a great price. It has a bit of distortion and vignetting, but no more than what one would expect for a lens in this class. The 20mm f/1.8G hits all the right checkboxes – excellent image quality, value-based price, wide focal length, wide aperture lens, light, and compact. The fact that it turns in solid astrophotography results will no doubt widen its appeal.

    I believe the 20mm f/1.8 will be a huge seller, and ultimately much more popular than the 28mm f/1.8G, since it provides a far more usable focal length and more reasonable spacing from the 35mm focal length. " <<<
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    http://www.kenrockwell.com//nikon/20mm-f18.htm

    KRW has one too.... seems like its a keeper.....
    wonder when will it be out and at what px... hmm...

  5. #45
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blurboiboi View Post
    http://www.kenrockwell.com//nikon/20mm-f18.htm

    KRW has one too.... seems like its a keeper.....
    wonder when will it be out and at what px... hmm...
    HE doesn't test lenses... he looks at them then speaks crap depending on whether he gets it for free or not..... don't bother look at those.

    But you can donate $ to his "growing family" as he always asks at end of his specification pages...
    Last edited by Dfive; 2nd October 2014 at 09:43 PM.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    HE doesn't test lenses... he looks at them then speaks crap depending on whether he gets it for free or not..... don't bother look at those.

    But you can donate $ to his "growing family" as he always asks at end of his specification pages...
    If you ever want to buy any camera/lens, you just have to read his reviews and you'll feel real good bout it. I swear its a ploy for you to click his affliate links...

  7. #47

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread


  8. #48
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nikonlensman View Post
    Lots of those in SG.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  9. #49

  10. #50

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Any news on availability and price?

  11. #51
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    I'm expecting it at SGD $1,099.00 and avail from FRI 18 0CT.
    Last edited by Dfive; 20th October 2014 at 09:36 PM.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    I'm expecting it at SGD $1,099.00 and avail from FRI 18 0CT.
    Nikon SG listed RRP as $1099.
    Street price 1k?

  13. #53
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Just received the official word from Nikon.

    We are pleased to announce that the pricing information for the following Nikon products have been released, and are available as of Friday, 18 October 2014:
    AF-S NIKKOR 20MM F/1.8G ED &ndash; RRP S$1,099
    SPEEDLIGHT SB-500 &ndash; RRP S$ 319
    Nikon DSLR D750 with 24-120 KIT &ndash; RRP S$4,079
    MULTI-POWER BATTERY PACK MB-D16 &ndash; RRP S$ 449


    Please check stock availability with your Nikon authorised dealers before making a trip down.

  14. #54
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Remember that these are RRP, the prices at your favourite retailer will be different, depending on your relationship with them. The speed light looks interesting, and the d750 kit is value for money
    Last edited by ortega; 20th October 2014 at 10:10 PM.

  15. #55
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Just received the official word from Nikon.

    We are pleased to announce that the pricing information for the following Nikon products have been released, and are available as of Friday, 18 October 2014:
    AF-S NIKKOR 20MM F/1.8G ED &ndash; RRP S$1,099
    SPEEDLIGHT SB-500 &ndash; RRP S$ 319
    Nikon DSLR D750 with 24-120 KIT &ndash; RRP S$4,079
    MULTI-POWER BATTERY PACK MB-D16 &ndash; RRP S$ 449


    Please check stock availability with your Nikon authorised dealers before making a trip down.
    Stock is not in with retailers yet.


  16. #56

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Wonder if this lens would be useful as a travel lens ? Any perspectives ?

  17. #57

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dfive View Post
    Not saying the lens won't have amazing optics.... but I'd prefer Made In Japan make it more solid at 500grams ( still light ) with heavier Poly Carb Plastic etc...

    Am sure I'll still add this to my kit though.
    I have used metal... I have used polycarbonate... Metal looks nice ONLY if you can keep it nice. Once there are scratches and stuff, it looks bloody annoying.

    With plastic? Meh. I won't give **** if there's a scratch there.

  18. #58
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertrader View Post
    Wonder if this lens would be useful as a travel lens ? Any perspectives ?
    will let you know when I come back fro Japan, but so far with my limited experience with them in Thailand, i would say yes, it is useful

  19. #59
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by spydertrader View Post
    Wonder if this lens would be useful as a travel lens ? Any perspectives ?
    I swear by ultra wide for my photography and more so for travel. If I did not have my trusty heavy 14-24mm F2.8 I would get this 20mm as an alternative to the 16-35mm. But again it depend on your shooting style and use for the ultra wide.
    A good photo's 45% you, 45% practice & 10% equipment. A bad photo share the same ratio.

  20. #60
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED N lens - Official Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    will let you know when I come back fro Japan, but so far with my limited experience with them in Thailand, i would say yes, it is useful
    Ooops, no 20mm this time around, will post pictures from Thailand instead

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •