Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hands On the Nikon D750

I saw d750 video and learnt that the grip is indeed deeper than d610/600, is it beeter to hold now?
    Sometimes i feel than d600/d610 grip is not comfort to hold for long hours, especially with heavy lenses.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hands On the Nikon D750

Quote Originally Posted by bllimus View Post
    I saw d750 video and learnt that the grip is indeed deeper than d610/600, is it beeter to hold now?
    Sometimes i feel than d600/d610 grip is not comfort to hold for long hours, especially with heavy lenses.
    in my big hands, yes it is now more comfortable to hold in comparison to my D800. But saying that any camera with heavy lenses will not be comfortable to hold for long hours at a go.
    But yes the ergonomics is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post

in my big hands, yes it is now more comfortable to hold in comparison to my D800. But saying that any camera with heavy lenses will not be comfortable to hold for long hours at a go.
    But yes the ergonomics is better.
    Thanks to confirm the ergonomics aspect.

Blog Entries

some information from Nikon

We are pleased to announce that sales of the Nikon DSLR D750 (body only) will start as of today, 24 September 2014 at a Recommended Retail Price of S$3,079.
    The D750 Kit will be available in November 2014. All interested parties are advised to call their preferred Nikon authorised dealers before making a trip down.

And an Nikon D750 Early Bird Promotion

For every Nikon D750 (body only) purchased from 24 September 2014 to 5 October 2014, customers will be entitled to redeem a free 32GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Media Drive (worth S$139).
    Redemption is available from 3–5 October 2014, from 11am–7pm at Funan DigitaLife Mall, in conjunction with the upcoming I AM FULL FREEDOM Nikon consumer event. Terms & Conditions apply.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    The 51 point AF system has a new sensor module that can achieve focus in low light. Up to -3 EV! It also has the new group area AF.
    This sounds interesting. Any comparison between the D750 and D4S with this new AF system?
    Nikon & Leica

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Far far away View Post
    This sounds interesting. Any comparison between the D750 and D4S with this new AF system?
    I don't have enough experience with both cameras to make a knowledgeable comment, best to go to the I AM FULL FREEDOM event and try it out side by side
    do let us know what you think

Hi Ortega,

Any idea if both kits (24-120mm & 24-85mm) available in SG ?
    Is the Nov date firm or its a conservative estimate ?

From some googling,US/Japan will start shipping the kit Mid-Oct.
    I'm traveling to Japan mid-Nov, really hope to get the 24-120mm kit 2 weeks before my trip.
    Else have to get it in Japan (will lose the Warranty for the Body then)

Tks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by human1969 View Post
    Hi Ortega, Any idea if both kits (24-120mm & 24-85mm) available in SG ? Is the Nov date firm or its a conservative estimate ? From some googling,US/Japan will start shipping the kit Mid-Oct. I'm traveling to Japan mid-Nov, really hope to get the 24-120mm kit 2 weeks before my trip. Else have to get it in Japan (will lose the Warranty for the Body then) Tks

If I am not wrong you will be able to ask Nikon staff about that at their event

is it worth it to buy a kit with 24-120mm the only all-in-one lens in the market seems to be the 28-300mm which is around 1.2k

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tiago View Post
    is it worth it to buy a kit with 24-120mm the only all-in-one lens in the market seems to be the 28-300mm which is around 1.2k
    it really depends on your preference of lens
    if it was me, i would choose the 24-120 as i normally do not use up to 300mm and I prefer wider
    it is cheaper when sold together as a kit

just found out there is no kit for the d750 in singapore yet. so no choice, had to buy the body only, hopefully won't regret in not waiting for the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by tiago View Post
    just found out there is no kit for the d750 in singapore yet. so no choice, had to buy the body only, hopefully won't regret in not waiting for the kit.
    Hi bro, able to pm me where you get?

I rented the D750 for a play last weekend. My experience wasn't really that good on it. Main issue was focus accuracy on taking human subjects. While focus was deb snap on non-human subjects, focus was inconsistent when taking human subjects. I take humans most of the time so critical focus on the eyes is very important to me. Somehow this camera cannot nail it. And there is this condition where it performs pretty badly on humans under yellow light/environment/atmosphere. Focus was out most of the time. Perhaps it was the set that I rented had issues... Oh yes, something pretty annoying--LCD monitor color balance. At default, did you find images on the LCD screen bended on the reds/magentas? Had a hard time trying to calibrate to the correct color as what my eye saw...
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow View Post
    I rented the D750 for a play last weekend. My experience wasn't really that good on it. Main issue was focus accuracy on taking human subjects. While focus was deb snap on non-human subjects, focus was inconsistent when taking human subjects. I take humans most of the time so critical focus on the eyes is very important to me. Somehow this camera cannot nail it. And there is this condition where it performs pretty badly on humans under yellow light/environment/atmosphere. Focus was out most of the time. Perhaps it was the set that I rented had issues... Oh yes, something pretty annoying--LCD monitor color balance. At default, did you find images on the LCD screen bended on the reds/magentas? Had a hard time trying to calibrate to the correct color as what my eye saw...
    You got try to fine adjust the focus for the lens?
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow View Post
    which lens did u used for testing?
    D7100|17-50 F2.8|50mm|SB 700|OM-D EM-5| 14mm F2.5 | 25mm F1.4
    http://facebook.com/mackiefoto

Blog Entries

shot with a 24-120 f4, focus seems ok to me, let me look for pictures of human subjects

Blog Entries

Shot with an 18-35mm
    Focus is okay

Blog Entries

18-35mm again, hand held ISO 2500

Blog Entries

24-120mm f 4
    120mm f4 1/125s ISO125

Blog Entries

I went on 2 trips with the D750, compared with my D800 the D750 is more forgiving
    I can be more sloppy with my shooting technique
    I can be more lazy and not use my tripod
    High ISO noise is better
    Dual SD Card slots rocks
    Smaller files mean less cards to bring, battery life goes way pass 1000 shots per battery charge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast