Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is buying iPhone 6?

Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    To me it seems both camps need each other and will continue to exist.
    Yup, the world these days tend to favour duopoly: in most industries, 2 large players - and a small number of much smaller players fighting for the crumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwomdem10 View Post
    I remember a story that when google was on the drawing board for a smart phone, it resembles a BB with a physical keyboard...after Steve Jobs unveiled the 1st iPhone, google promptly trashed all their designs...think for all android users that try to trash the iPhone, maybe they should remember that without iPhone, the android might not be how it is today...think without iPhone, smart phone technology would not be as advance as it is today.

Steve Jobs had said before that apple does not seek to be the first, but the best in what they do...enough said...
    wonder where u heard this story from?

Yes, both have their selling points. And the competition benefits all users, those who are happy with iPhone can get it, and those who are happy with Android can get it; and those who don't mind either can switch between anytime.

no point buy new phones all the time.. a lot of functions not useful for daily life, especially in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    wonder where u heard this story from?
    just google it...it was reveal during one of the patent cases between apple and samsung...here are some links, more on the net...

cultofandroid.com/48217/google-scrapped-plans-android-started-day-apple-unveiled-iphone/

appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/14/exclusive-android-docs-reveal-before-iphone-googles-plan-was-a-java-button-phone

happy reading

Quote Originally Posted by ckwomdem10 View Post
    just google it...it was reveal during one of the patent cases between apple and samsung...here are some links, more on the net...

cultofandroid.com/48217/google-scrapped-plans-android-started-day-apple-unveiled-iphone/

appleinsider.com/articles/14/04/14/exclusive-android-docs-reveal-before-iphone-googles-plan-was-a-java-button-phone

happy reading
    googling that must have really made your day

Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    googling that must have really made your day
    i read this story quite some time back so it just took one search, no time wasted...

Frankly speaking, did you guys max your last phone features before getting a new one? Or you want to show off that you got the latest phone etc n only use for call, games etc? I still using samsung s3 n now, at Berlin typing this msg using the phone. So, as long it's a smart phone, just use it till spoilt. Keep changing also useless. Heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Frankly speaking, did you guys max your last phone features before getting a new one? Or you want to show off that you got the latest phone etc n only use for call, games etc? I still using samsung s3 n now, at Berlin typing this msg using the phone. So, as long it's a smart phone, just use it till spoilt. Keep changing also useless. Heh heh!
    3GS iPhone hardware fault unrepairable
    4S dropped into the sea of Krabi
    5 battery problem + My screen just got smashed now got wonderful spiderweb pattern, dropped the phone just yesterday. I've bought a 5 dollar replacement and will sell to ah beng shop after i replace. oh and my phone is full too many photos lol.

def getting the 6+ lol

Have you tried today's games with a smartphone from 5 years ago.. Sometimes you can't even download the game because the phone can't handle the OS the game is compatible with.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Have you tried today's games with a smartphone from 5 years ago.. Sometimes you can't even download the game because the phone can't handle the OS the game is compatible with.
    Sorry we don't buy phones to play games.

We buy phones to make phone calls.

Last edited by Sion; 12th September 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Unfortunately, we are living in an era where it's always hard to justify spending $ on things we really NEED.

Photography is no exception. We buy and sell camera gear, etc but if we think about it, most of the time, a good photo does not require the latest in technology to produce. Most of the beautiful pictures we see online can be created with DSLRs at least 5 years ago. Sometimes, a 20 year old film camera will do it too. But we still buy the newest models cos it feels good to use or simply to have them. By getting the latest, it's not to really show off. Well, maybe some do but generally, it's to keep up with the times.

People are also getting richer and money has become more expendable. In Singapore, definitely we have a lot of rich people around. Or even if they are not rich, they feel technology is part of their lives and it's worth it to use the money they worked for on gadgets. That's why nobody thinks much about buying and selling camera equipment at a loss after just a few months of use (or even not using!).

For me, every time I walked past the Apple store, I have been so tempted to buy the latest iPad. I've been doing that for more than a year!! But somehow, I refrained. Cos like you said, I haven't even fully explored my iPad 1, which till today is still functioning well. I don't even know WTH iCloud is and I don't know how to use it. The kids in public carry the latest gadgets that can put mine to shame.

I changed yearly because of my plan. And usually I do not need to top up additional cash, or sometimes can even make extra cash. So why not change?

Oh btw, I have no intention to buy any iPhone......
    Last edited by kelccm; 12th September 2014 at 08:41 AM.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi2 View Post
    ...every time I walked past the Apple store, I have been so tempted to buy the latest iPad. I've been doing that for more than a year!!
    That's because you always stop at the shop window to look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post

I guess you meant "years". Although I have heard of someone nearly in tears trying to learn how to use an Android phone.

Anyway, on technology: some years ago I attended a close door meeting where the boss of a local firm who claims to have invented the portable MP3 player took out his company's player and a iPod. He then went on to slam the iPod for how it lacked all the latest technology and features that his had. Guess where that company is at these days.

Bottom line: technology is a consideration but not the only consideration in consumer electronics.
    That person who was in tears is probably someone who just wants an idiot proof phone system to use. This person probably doesn't like to explore and change things.

My non biased explanation between iphone and android, since I have used both.

IPhone OS is a very simple no fuss system.users are those who just want to be able to use the OS out of box. No need to crack brains to navigate the phone. Everything is just there on the screen.

Android is for those who like to play and customize the phones. Like to explore and change some things to own's liking.

If you look at two persons' android phones, no two phones are the same. The screens, apps, the look are different, because both owners change the phone to each liking.

If u look at two iPhones, both are the same. Standard screen and navigation. Very idiot proof.

Now, I'm not saying which one is better. It's all depends on individual.

The reason why Apple is so successful is they sell lifestyle, not products. Every Apple product is integrated with one another. And the marketing campaign is all about lifestyle. The feel and look, the psychological impact on the user, all are targeted to make the user feel good and nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Sorry we don't buy phones to play games.

We buy phones to make phone calls.
    Then you just need this:

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Then you just need this:

I recently came in contact with one of these and found that my iphone is easier to navigate. I kid you not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I recently came in contact with one of these and found that my iphone is easier to navigate. I kid you not.
    No la, if you just make calls, dial number in, what's there to navigate?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I always found the navigation on Nokia the easiest, compared to others.
    EOS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast