Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122

Thread: Who is buying iPhone 6?

  1. #1
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Who is buying iPhone 6?

    I'm still happy with my ip5s
    I will wait for ip7 but really tempting for the apple watch
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  2. #2

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    ip7? That's in 2 more years.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    my ip5 contract just expired and it is time to change phone..LOL

  4. #4
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'm still happy with my ip5s
    I will wait for ip7 but really tempting for the apple watch
    Keeping my 5S.... the second gen is always better... wait for 6S Folks... or the iPhone 6 Pro ! ( Sapphire Screen. )

    I'm selling some Mint iPhone 4S 64GB also... should anyone need.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,106

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    I'm still happy with my ip5s
    I will wait for ip7 but really tempting for the apple watch
    Need a phone to work WITH the watch... It not replace one - Sadly.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  6. #6
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Android user... enough said...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  7. #7
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Definitely getting it to replace my 2-year old IP5!

  8. #8
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Apple watch work well with ip6, ip6+, ip5s & ip5.
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  9. #9
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    Android user... enough said...
    1 thing that I'm not very sure for android, if you buy a new phone is there anyway for you to transfer all data from old phone to new android phone?
    For iphone, quite simple just backup & restore using itunes.
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  10. #10

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    iPhone$$ are usually out for me as I prefer to spend as little as I can on a phone so that I have more for cameras/lenses

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    1 thing that I'm not very sure for android, if you buy a new phone is there anyway for you to transfer all data from old phone to new android phone?
    For iphone, quite simple just backup & restore using itunes.
    Here ya go:

    Google Sync

    For starters, Google has you covered when it comes to most of the important contact and email information. All your app data (like game saves) calendar, Browser, Contacts, Gmail, Photos, Music, People details, and even more detailed things like WiFi passwords and other device settings. All of this can be synced to Google’s servers with two or three taps in your device settings, and restored when you get a new device.

    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/03...ackup-android/
    Last edited by kandinsky; 11th September 2014 at 10:27 AM.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    1 thing that I'm not very sure for android, if you buy a new phone is there anyway for you to transfer all data from old phone to new android phone?
    For iphone, quite simple just backup & restore using itunes.
    Android lagi easier to do backup than Apple. Don't even need to use itunes...........

  12. #12
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Does it backup everything including all your apps & sms?
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  13. #13
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Just curious: how come when Apple announce new phones, Android users will go out of their way to slam it (not just here but on other forums too). But it is not true the other way.

  14. #14
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Does it backup everything including all your apps & sms?
    There are two options / ways:
    1) Branded Android phone (e.g. LG G3, Samsung Galaxy series etc.) usually come with a backup software from the phone vendor. It's part of their branding on top of Android.
    2) Non-branded phones (Google phones) come with plain Android + Google stuffs. Here it's up to the user to select and install the necessary backup tools.
    Contacts go to Google / Gmail anyway, there is no need to set any backup. Photos can be pushed to cloud (Google Drive, Drop box), some of these tools offer even automatic sync to cloud the moment you snap the picture. For other documents people can use tools like FolderSync and others to keep online copys and backups of their data.
    For apps there is no need to backup (although tools like Titanium backup can do that). After getting a new phone and linking it to the Google account the Google Play store will push all apps applicable for installation.
    More options, more freedom. None of these requires any central tool like iTunes.
    Last edited by Octarine; 11th September 2014 at 12:15 PM.
    EOS

  15. #15
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Just curious: how come when Apple announce new phones, Android users will go out of their way to slam it (not just here but on other forums too). But it is not true the other way.
    It's just fun. We welcome Apple users to catch up with the technology status that other people have already for two tears

    Moderator's advice:
    Please keep it civil guys, brand wars for phones are off limits similar to brand wars on cameras.
    EOS

  16. #16
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It's just fun. We welcome Apple users to catch up with the technology status that other people have already for two tears
    I guess you meant "years". Although I have heard of someone nearly in tears trying to learn how to use an Android phone.

    Anyway, on technology: some years ago I attended a close door meeting where the boss of a local firm who claims to have invented the portable MP3 player took out his company's player and a iPod. He then went on to slam the iPod for how it lacked all the latest technology and features that his had. Guess where that company is at these days.

    Bottom line: technology is a consideration but not the only consideration in consumer electronics.

  17. #17
    Member armadillo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pinnacle@Duxton
    Posts
    1,381

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    There are two options / ways:
    1) Branded Android phone (e.g. LG G3, Samsung Galaxy series etc.) usually come with a backup software from the phone vendor. It's part of their branding on top of Android.
    2) Non-branded phones (Google phones) come with plain Android + Google stuffs. Here it's up to the user to select and install the necessary backup tools.
    Contacts go to Google / Gmail anyway, there is no need to set any backup. Photos can be pushed to cloud (Google Drive, Drop box), some of these tools offer even automatic sync to cloud the moment you snap the picture. For other documents people can use tools like FolderSync and others to keep online copys and backups of their data.
    For apps there is no need to backup (although tools like Titanium backup can do that). After getting a new phone and linking it to the Google account the Google Play store will push all apps applicable for installation.
    More options, more freedom. None of these requires any central tool like iTunes.
    Thanks for the tips
    _____________________________________
    ***People only failed when they give up***

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    I remember a story that when google was on the drawing board for a smart phone, it resembles a BB with a physical keyboard...after Steve Jobs unveiled the 1st iPhone, google promptly trashed all their designs...think for all android users that try to trash the iPhone, maybe they should remember that without iPhone, the android might not be how it is today...think without iPhone, smart phone technology would not be as advance as it is today.

    Steve Jobs had said before that apple does not seek to be the first, but the best in what they do...enough said...

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Behind VF
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Where is the like button when i need it here?

    Quote Originally Posted by ckwomdem10 View Post
    I remember a story that when google was on the drawing board for a smart phone, it resembles a BB with a physical keyboard...after Steve Jobs unveiled the 1st iPhone, google promptly trashed all their designs...think for all android users that try to trash the iPhone, maybe they should remember that without iPhone, the android might not be how it is today...think without iPhone, smart phone technology would not be as advance as it is today.

    Steve Jobs had said before that apple does not seek to be the first, but the best in what they do...enough said...

  20. #20
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Who is buying iPhone 6?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Bottom line: technology is a consideration but not the only consideration in consumer electronics.
    Not even a consideration. The late Steve had one guiding mantra: user experience. And here he is perfectly right. Technology is interchangeable as we can see; both platforms have touchscreens, cameras, a plethora of sensors and whatnot. Now both have NFC chips installed. But while the Android camp had it already for quite some time (leaving it open for others to use it) only Apple made the full move to implement a payment process using NFC. The user experience is: just swap, payment done.
    To me it seems both camps need each other and will continue to exist.
    EOS

Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •