Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789

Thread: 40th national birthday - does it mean anything to you?

Quote Originally Posted by huaiwei
    Actually I have no idea what you are talking about. I dont even know what an MO is other then it being a Medical Officer. And if you are interested in this kind of low-level discussion, why dont you request for a change of your username unless you are called hommie in your IC?

Whatever the case, I think this conversation is not worth pursuing. I dont even feel like I am talking to an adult, to be honest, so my apologies if you happen to be one. I would rather prepare to scoot off downtown and celebrate the nation's anniversary in a short while from now!
    MO is Mass Order at Consumer Section. What? Can't take your own suggestion by going there yourself? I am not the one who say that
    Not targetting this at anyone here, but I have always wondered. What is the point of expressing grievances here on the internet and hiding behind a nickname? Here I am using my REAL name as my user name. What is the point of expressing grievances here on the internet and hiding behind a nickname? Here I am using my REAL name as my user name. Why does it seem like I am the minority here? Not that I am trying to assert any superiority here, but I have to point out that the lack of accountability and responsiblity is destroying the call for transparency more than it is helping it. And THERE lies the irony.

Whatever the case, I think this conversation is not worth pursuing. I dont even feel like I am talking to an adult, to be honest, so my apologies if you happen to be one. I would rather prepare to scoot off downtown and celebrate the nation's anniversary in a short while from now!
    Now that what I call a good example of civil! Calling others "I dont even feel like I am talking to an adult" is a mightly good example we can learn!

you should put a lion............

but i like the pic, cute.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Talking about the natural disasters and the tsunami, I think Singapore's role in providing help to her neighbours was quite a watershed situation which has changed many people's impressions of Singapore as a country. I big salute to them all. Okok sorry...I digressed.
    Just to give you an idea your OT. Yeah, this changed the people in the region persceptions of Singapore indeed, when I was in KL happen to talk about Tsunami and the ongoing efforts helping those greatly affected by all this.

You know, what comment I got?

Yeah, Singapore like that one... helped a little advertise big big with Singapore flag in background. Malaysia was the first to send aid and bigger than Singapore never act like that, typical Singapore garmen, capitalise as much as possible.

I was stunned for a moment, it showed me that others are observing what we do or don't do... I wonder if the people thinks like that, what would their leaders think of our leaders.

../azul123

Lightbulb

i remembered vividly that there were no news report about KL responding with aids, perhaps until much later. if they had responded swiftly but without media fanfare, i salute them.

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Just to give you an idea your OT. Yeah, this changed the people in the region persceptions of Singapore indeed, when I was in KL happen to talk about Tsunami and the ongoing efforts helping those greatly affected by all this.

You know, what comment I got?

Yeah, Singapore like that one... helped a little advertise big big with Singapore flag in background. Malaysia was the first to send aid and bigger than Singapore never act like that, typical Singapore garmen, capitalise as much as possible.

I was stunned for a moment, it showed me that others are observing what we do or don't do... I wonder if the people thinks like that, what would their leaders think of our leaders.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Though i don't like the party ruling, but i love my country as a whole, i may hate NS, but in times when the country needs me, i will be there, i love my country, i love my families, i love my friends, and all ppl living here. i will protect.
    Hope you really mean what you've said dude & take care during your NS.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum
    Hope you really mean what you've said dude & take care during your NS.
    Good for you my young friend, was thinking the same when i was young like you , hope this feeling stick with you for as long as it take..

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Though i don't like the party ruling, but i love my country as a whole, i may hate NS, but in times when the country needs me, i will be there, i love my country, i love my families, i love my friends, and all ppl living here. i will protect.
    Actually, there are many who thinks like this, I think this is flawed thinking. Serve your country but don't follow blindly.

Guess the Nazi's or the youth of Germany were not stupid but they followed their leaders thinking it was the patriotic way to serve their country fighting for unjust policies and unjust war, when they should be opposing it instead.

What I am saying is our youth should developed critical thinking and decide what is right and what is wrong, that is how your serve your country.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Actually, there are many who thinks like this, I think this is flawed thinking. Serve your country but don't follow blindly.

Guess the Nazi's or the youth of Germany were not stupid but they followed their leaders thinking it was the patriotic way to serve their country fighting for unjust policies and unjust war, when they should be opposing it instead.

What I am saying is our youth should developed critical thinking and decide what is right and what is wrong, that is how your serve your country.

../azul123
    Well, you got the point there. As most young man in this country need to serve NS for 2 years or so, it also tell us that they are cheap too.
    Think hiring a professional to maintain the equipments & comparing too a young NS man paid? Sucks right?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4789