Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Natural Perspective Photography?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    159

    Question Natural Perspective Photography?

    Hi, was just wondering if they are many people around here who enjoys shooting with a normal lens? I never did think a simple lens like the 50/1.4 could be so useful. In fact, close to 100% of most of the photos I take were on the 50mm.

    Recently I purchased a 40/2.8. This lens is even better, and will be much better if not for the long minimum focusing distance required. Now the 50mm looks a little telephoto to me, but I bet it's mainly psychological

    Looking forward to one day owning the 43/1.9.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Natural Perspective Photography?

    Originally posted by kelvinang
    Hi, was just wondering if they are many people around here who enjoys shooting with a normal lens? I never did think a simple lens like the 50/1.4 could be so useful. In fact, close to 100% of most of the photos I take were on the 50mm.

    Recently I purchased a 40/2.8. This lens is even better, and will be much better if not for the long minimum focusing distance required. Now the 50mm looks a little telephoto to me, but I bet it's mainly psychological

    Looking forward to one day owning the 43/1.9.
    Why not get a 35/2 then?

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Re: Natural Perspective Photography?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Why not get a 35/2 then?

    Regards
    CK
    Hey CK, maybe not 35/2, but 35/2.8 (I presume this to be a cheaper alternative). Would be one really useful lens to have.

    Guess not many people are really into normal lenses. Heh.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Re: Re: Natural Perspective Photography?

    Originally posted by kelvinang


    Hey CK, maybe not 35/2, but 35/2.8 (I presume this to be a cheaper alternative). Would be one really useful lens to have.

    Guess not many people are really into normal lenses. Heh.
    Dunno which camera you are using, but Nikon and Canon doesn't have a 35/2.8.

    I use a 50/1.8 when I just want to carry 1 camera, 1 lens.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    159

    Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Natural Perspective Photography?

    Originally posted by ckiang


    Dunno which camera you are using, but Nikon and Canon doesn't have a 35/2.8.

    I use a 50/1.8 when I just want to carry 1 camera, 1 lens.

    Regards
    CK
    I shoot Pentax. They have 35s in f/2, 2.8 and 3.5. Only the f/2 one comes in AF though. Another interesting one they have is a 31/1.8, quite a rare item. Vivitar also made various weird focal lengths in equally max weird aperture sizes for Pentax K-mount. Some of these are quite impressive, like the 17/3.5.

    I used to just carry a 50 around too but after I got the 40 I like that better. Besides it's also just half as thick (being a pancake), making it an effective ice-breaker at geek gatherings. That is, before the M6 guy arrive. :-) The 50 is just too long for group shots in tight spaces. 35 would be great.

    I guess you have quite an assortment of lenses. I have only normal ones usable in my bag. Been thinking about a 200/4, can't justify (read: afford) that monster 200/2.8.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •