Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Upset Photographer - Feeling Violated.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    To sharpshooter22 - kindly stop messaging/calling the moderators to delete this thread because it 'hurts your business'. There are many questions you are choosing to avoid answering, and harassing us to delete the thread raises more questions about your behaviour. Anymore spamming of PMs will result in your deregistration... and your thread will still be here for all to see and be warned. as an aside - demanding that i call you just because no one else is responding to your messages is probably the worst idea in the history of bad ideas... and if you have an iota of IQ, you should reflect upon yourself why people are ignoring you.
    Oh my gawd... This guy is really one kind.. If he really care about his business, he should have clarified it in the first place. Now harassing the mods to close the thread and sweep under the carpet? It's the digital age already and everything can be dug up by a simple google search. LOLx..
    Nikon & Leica

Blog Entries

Default Re: Upset Photographer - Feeling Violated.

just in case any other CSer is getting spammed by him, please ignore his messages and report to the moderators via the bad post function (that little warning triangle at the bottom of every post). his hp is 97528291.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

I encourage those who had "worked" for sharpshooter22 in the past as "student photographers" should add feedback to this thread. They may have similar or even had good experience; very different from what TS had stated... to share.

Base on sharpshooter22's actions and responses to the thread, it said a lot his practice. Making this thread a sticky is the best thing CS has done.
    Last edited by shierwin; 11th September 2014 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    I encourage those who had "worked" for sharpshooter22 in the past as "student photographers" should add feedback to this thread. They may have similar or even had good experience; very different from what TS had stated... to share. Base on sharpshooter22's actions and responses to the thread, it said a lot his practice. Making this thread a sticky is the best thing CS has done.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Nikon & Leica

Dear all (including Esper)

I have read all of the posts. I am deeply saddened by how things have turned out. Please allow me to clarify myself.

First I was glad to have met Esper and to ask him to help me with my jobs. I saw potential in his work, was of the view that he had the necessary skills to help me. However, as he told me that he was inexperienced, I had offered to pay him S$10 per hour, which he accepted. At all times he was free to say "No" to me, but he did not. I never agreed to any job without his consent, because I had already obtained these jobs prior to meeting Esper

Second, in relation to the 2 jobs which Esper had helped me on, one of the 2 clients was all along aware that the photographer I would be sending out(which turned out to be Esper) was inexperienced, and that I had engaged him on short notice to assist me on this job. As for the other client,they are now aware that Esper was inexperienced, but I had seen his work prior to engaging him to assist me and was relatively confident that he had sufficient quality to do the job. In any event, I had offered to discount my fees or even waive my fees for these clients if they are not satisfied with the quality of the work. The good news is that these clients thought that the quality was of an excellent quality, including the pictures taken by Esper. I have put in a good word for Esper to these clients, and I hope and trust that this will be a good starting point for him to begin what I believe would be a good photography career.

Third, in the light of the above, while I have paid Esper S$10 per hour for these jobs by parties' agreement , I am happy to offer S$20 (that is S$30 per hour)more convinced by the quality of his work, as well as the clients' satisfaction (as mentioned above)

Fourth, I wish to reiterate that I am deeply passionate about my work and not just for the profit, and I have always done my best to produce good works for whoever clients I serve.

Finally, I sincerely hope that this matter will be closed, and parties above move on with their lives. I wish to apologise for any misunderstanding or miscommunication which may have arisen as a result of me. I also wish Esper all the best for his career moving forward. He certainly has talent and potential to go the distance

Yours sincerely

Can I ask why you did not do the job yourself?

Also, is it your usual practice to look for student photographers and then "offer to discount or even waive fees for clients if they are not satisfied with quality of work", quoting your own words?

Thanks.

Sharpshooter - If not for this thread, would you have made this offer? If you are really sorry, why don't you first admit that you took advantage of a newbie? Then give, not offer, Esper a bonus for a job well done. I think that would be more appropriate, and perhaps allow you to retain whatever is left of your credibility.

Esper - well done. You will do well if you are willing to fight for what you believe.
    Last edited by ziggy; 11th September 2014 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter22 View Post

I have read all of the posts. I am deeply saddened by how things have turned out. Please allow me to clarify myself.

First I was glad to have met Esper and to ask him to help me with my jobs. I saw potential in his work, was of the view that he had the necessary skills to help me. However, as he told me that he was inexperienced, I had offered to pay him S$10 per hour, which he accepted. At all times he was free to say "No" to me, but he did not. I never agreed to any job without his consent, because I had already obtained these jobs prior to meeting Esper

Second, in relation to the 2 jobs which Esper had helped me on, one of the 2 clients was all along aware that the photographer I would be sending out(which turned out to be Esper) was inexperienced, and that I had engaged him on short notice to assist me on this job. As for the other client,they are now aware that Esper was inexperienced, but I had seen his work prior to engaging him to assist me and was relatively confident that he had sufficient quality to do the job. In any event, I had offered to discount my fees or even waive my fees for these clients if they are not satisfied with the quality of the work. The good news is that these clients thought that the quality was of an excellent quality, including the pictures taken by Esper. I have put in a good word for Esper to these clients, and I hope and trust that this will be a good starting point for him to begin what I believe would be a good photography career.

Third, in the light of the above, while I have paid Esper S$10 per hour for these jobs by parties' agreement , I am happy to offer S$20 (that is S$30 per hour)more convinced by the quality of his work, as well as the clients' satisfaction (as mentioned above)

Fourth, I wish to reiterate that I am deeply passionate about my work and not just for the profit, and I have always done my best to produce good works for whoever clients I serve.

Finally, I sincerely hope that this matter will be closed, and parties above move on with their lives. I wish to apologise for any misunderstanding or miscommunication which may have arisen as a result of me. I also wish Esper all the best for his career moving forward. He certainly has talent and potential to go the distance

Yours sincerely

Hello Amos.

I am not going to say much, since I believe that I've have said more than enough in my above posts. I still stand by my points and claims.
    I would recommend you to..

(1) Be more Transparent in divulging Details & Nature of Job.

(2) Not ask shooters up your house. Why ? Eg. I know where you live. I can do nasty things.

(3) Not possess any assets of other Shooters. It can easily get suspicious and fishy.

(4) Not assume all shooters you come across shoot Programme Auto, and have no knowledge about Manual. For my case, it should be prevalent that I do know what ISO, Shutterspeed, Aperture and Light is from the images that you've seen before engaging me.

(5) Not make any comments, any at all regarding the personal lives other shooters.

(6) Not start worrying and doubting because Shooter is Young. Doesn't matter if I wake up late in the evening days before shoot. If I say I am going to be there, Heck am I going to be there.

(7) Finally, Ask and Confirm if Photographer accepts the Job straightforwardly, without any distracting elements present.

And if you were really keen on offering more, I believe you'd have already done so after the first shooting day, or even the second.

And..

(1) Buy a new computer.
    (2) Buy a new Monitor.
    (3) Buy another HDD.
    (4) Buy new card readers.
    (5) Buy a new DVD+R Burner/Reader.
    (6) Buy some new A4 Paper to print on.

Thank You.
    Last edited by Esper; 12th September 2014 at 12:51 AM.

Theres a great misunderstanding I really hope that we can meet. Please don damage any more. Please end this please
    Last edited by sharpshooter22; 12th September 2014 at 03:02 AM.

Theres a great misunderstanding I really hope that we can meet. Please don damage any more. Please end this please
    Hmmmm... the way this post and your last post sounds like written by different people.

And I'm so sorry for what happen. Really hope that we can meet, Esper. To prove that I'm not the scammer as said. And if anyone wants to meet are welcome. Sorry mods for all the "pms" as I got really nervous breakdown. You are highly respected. Have to go to finish my last few jobs, before business closes down. Thanks all have a good day
    Last edited by sharpshooter22; 12th September 2014 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence Quek View Post
    Hmmmm... the way this post and your last post sounds like written by different people.
    sounds as though it was drafted by someone working in a government body lol.

Anyway he finally made a reply.

Ya la this is a professional letter I got to seek help after explaining to them which is TRUE. They help me to draft it out and its costs me nearly 2k. Anyway Esper I must apologise to you again if in anyway I had done or said something wrong to you unintentionally. I'm so sorry about it. I had already shown the pictures to the client and told her that this is your photos and she keeps nodding her head smiling. It seems like your pictures are better than mine. Have to chao liao for my last few jobs. Hope to see you

Ya la this is a professional letter I got to seek help after explaining to them which is TRUE. They help me to draft it out and its costs me nearly 2k. Anyway Esper I must apologise to you again if in anyway I had done or said something wrong to you unintentionally. I'm so sorry about it. I had already shown the pictures to the client and told her that this is your photos and she keeps nodding her head smiling. It seems like your pictures are better than mine. Have to chao liao for my last few jobs. Hope to see you
    Hmm...
    A professional letter that cost you $2k (total time taken should be less than an hr) and you are willing to pay for it.
    For a photographer using professional camera body to shoot events and running here/there(All the sweat) deserved $10/hr?

Didn't know 2k so easy to earn.
    hi

actually you wont be surprise when someone came to you and keep telling you that he will give u a lawsuits on a copyright background wallpaper which it can be download for free in 5 resolutions on the official website.Claiming in u uses his copyright background by removing his official company or group name which he just added a TM behind of it but they themselves unable to prove or show a full copyright ownership of the background... So who and which to believe? There are too many grey areas and small factors which we might overlook....

The above its not siding anyone .. let them settle themselves
    In a builder's locker ,you will see many secrets

Thank you TS for standing your ground, and thank you mods of CS for making this a sticky.

I have no comments for sharpshooter22 since I have not worked with or had any dealings with him.

Hi G-man, you are welcome to pm me to know me better, if you want to. And if anyone out there thinks I'm a con man, bad egg, I am willing to meet you any time to face your arrows

Esper Esper I really really have a lot of things to say to you. To tell you the TRUTH. In my heart of hearts, I see you as my younger brother, sometimes as my son even. I never see you as someone I want to take advantage of. I can prove it to you. At the job during lunch, when you said you are a vegetarian I was shocked. I quickly told you to get your own lunch at the food centre opposite and I'm willing to pay for it, if you remember. When you later said you can eat some meat, I was relieved. When I saw you eating little, I tried to encourage you to eat more chicken by saying the chicken is very nice and tender, remember? Maybe its because of this brotherly, fatherly love I have for you I seems to be strict, serious at times. Thats why I asked did you finished spending the money I last paid you. When you said you were tight, I was very concerned also. Thats why I paid you in cheque because I want you to save your money in the bank, so that you can use it wisely. I see the great potential in you after the first job. Thats why when I have another job I wanted to give it to you - MY FIRST CHOICE and even willing to pay you double, if you remember. If in the future I know that you are a successful, established photographer I would be very happy for you and will be very proud to say that I have worked with you before. And anyone out there see this I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Esper for your jobs.

I use both young and old, experienced and inexperienced photographers. When I use experienced photographers of course I will pay them according to the market rate. I also use new and young photographers because I feel that I have a lot to impart to them, whether they agree to my knowledge or not. I am willing to impart my skill and knowledge to them, give them the exposure they need and I get the help I need, in a win win situation. But based on this current situation, I believe its very difficult for me to continue and maybe in the future you might see me doing something else, probably not my passion.

Anyone read this may I ask you - do I deserve all this? I really hope that this saga would close so that I can also live my life with dignity and pride.

Sharpshooter, but not sharp anymore
    Last edited by sharpshooter22; 13th September 2014 at 08:24 PM.

Yours sincerely
    This costs $2,000?!?!?! I'm really in the wrong profession.

Hi G-man, you are welcome to pm me to know me better, if you want to. And if anyone out there thinks I'm a con man, bad egg, I am willing to meet you any time to face your arrows

Esper Esper I really really have a lot of things to say to you. To tell you the TRUTH. In my heart of hearts, I see you as my younger brother, sometimes as my son even. I never see you as someone I want to take advantage of. I can prove it to you. At the job during lunch, when you said you are a vegetarian I was shocked. I quickly told you to get your own lunch at the food centre opposite and I'm willing to pay for it, if you remember. When you later said you can eat some meat, I was relieved. When I saw you eating little, I tried to encourage you to eat more chicken by saying the chicken is very nice and tender, remember? Maybe its because of this brotherly, fatherly love I have for you I seems to be strict, serious at times. Thats why I asked did you finished spending the money I last paid you. When you said you were tight, I was very concerned also. Thats why I paid you in cheque because I want you to save your money in the bank, so that you can use it wisely. I see the great potential in you after the first job. Thats why when I have another job I wanted to give it to you - MY FIRST CHOICE and even willing to pay you double, if you remember. If in the future I know that you are a successful, established photographer I would be very happy for you and will be very proud to say that I have worked with you before. And anyone out there see this I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Esper for your jobs.

I use both young and old, experienced and inexperienced photographers. When I use experienced photographers of course I will pay them according to the market rate. I also use new and young photographers because I feel that I have a lot to impart to them, whether they agree to my knowledge or not. I am willing to impart my skill and knowledge to them, give them the exposure they need and I get the help I need, in a win win situation. But based on this current situation, I believe its very difficult for me to continue and maybe in the future you might see me doing something else, probably not my passion.

Anyone read this may I ask you - do I deserve all this? I really hope that this saga would close so that I can also live my life with dignity and pride.

Sharpshooter, but not sharp anymore
    sound like a master. how abt show us some of your skills?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast