Thread: Guarding the golden seas

Default Guarding the golden seas

Here is a shot I took of a police coast guard boat the other day while shooting the NDP preview show. I liked it because the sunset really lights up the waters and the boat is silhoutted against it. Sort of guarding the golden waves...

First time I am posting a shot for critique. Any comments are welcome.

I would prefer a wider shot.... also, a lower angle and a silouhette of the patrol boat will be nice...

The sihouette doesnt seem distinct to me as the bottom right corner of the frame is also dark. You could have waited for the boat to move to the lighter source.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    I would prefer a wider shot.... also, a lower angle and a silouhette of the patrol boat will be nice...
    I took the shot from top of a bridge so a lower angel was not possible. A lower angel would also have shown the buildings in the background, which I feel would have been distracting.
    I wasnt sure how to get a proper silhouette. Any more underexposure would have spoiled the sunset light. I think I messed that up.

Thanks for your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorite
    The sihouette doesnt seem distinct to me as the bottom right corner of the frame is also dark. You could have waited for the boat to move to the lighter source.
    I understand that i could have got a better shot if the light source was right behind the boat, but I was restricted by the other boats/background buildings in the river. It was a bit difficult to crop the patrol boat and avoid any other distractions. Will watchout for a better perspective,next time I am in a similar situation.

Thanks