Thread: Grey market camera equipment

Wink Grey market camera equipment

Hi

Would like to find out what is tradeoff of buying greymarket Canon equipment in
    Singapore? Example from shops in Adelphi, where they offer 1 year shop warranty.
    I get prices that are about 15% off the regular prices in Cathay.

Rgds.

Could you name us the shops that sell the grey stuff in Adelphi? I don't know of any there...

My understanding of "grey" is that: it is from "Unknown source", it can be stolen goods, it can also refer to parallel imports. In this case, it might not be good idea to name the shop "grey" in the open, you may offend the shop owner.

It is definitely not stolen just parallel imports.
    Everything is there except the local warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by poh6702
    My understanding of "grey" is that: it is from "Unknown source", it can be stolen goods, it can also refer to parallel imports. In this case, it might not be good idea to name the shop "grey" in the open, you may offend the shop owner.
    In most cases it is for parallel imports.................I haven't come across a case where the goods were stolen. Don't know where you got this.........typically, when you buy goods with warranty, you have paid a premium for it, for buying goods overseas without warranty, this premium is deducted. Item is exatly the same. Shops that offer these goods sometimes still give their own warranty, but you have to bring it back to the shop......

HS