Thread: How do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

Question How do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

Hi all,

As above, how do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

We recently bought a Nikon D5300 with two lens, but we are hoping to use our old Panasonic Micro 4/3 lens (35mm and 14-55m) on the DLSR.

May I know what do I need? And what are the consequences (e.g. loss of details etc).

Thanks!

Not possible as the register distance for m43 mount is shorter than nikon f mount (m43 is mirrorless) so it cant be adapted. Also the image circle for four thirds or m43 is smaller than aps-c size for nikon so it won't cover the full sensor on the nikon.

The reverse is possible though, adapting nikon lens to m43 using an adapter. If you're using a G lens which lacks an aperture ring you'll need an adapter which can physically adjust the aperture. No autofocus or electronic control of the lens though.

Default Re: How do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    Not possible as the register distance for m43 mount is shorter than nikon f mount (m43 is mirrorless) so it cant be adapted. Also the image circle for four thirds or m43 is smaller than aps-c size for nikon so it won't cover the full sensor on the nikon.

The reverse is possible though, adapting nikon lens to m43 using an adapter. If you're using a G lens which lacks an aperture ring you'll need an adapter which can physically adjust the aperture. No autofocus or electronic control of the lens though.
    In summary, the micro 4/3 lens will jam the mirror in the Nikon DSLR

Default Re: How do I mount Panasonic M4/3 Lens on Nikon DSLR?

This link will give you the idea why M4/3 lenses cannot be mounted on Nikon body. Note the registration table that's attached.

http://witonosfreestyle.wordpress.co...d-engineering/
    Last edited by shierwin; 2nd September 2014 at 04:19 PM.