Thread: what's the best tripod for travel photography ?

Default what's the best tripod for travel photography ?

Hi !

What are your views on the best tripod to buy for me to lug around on a trip to Italy ?

Obvious considerations being that it should be light-weight and portable.

I've no idea how much tripods cost, but let's say the budget is for something less than S$100.

I'm intending to use it with the F717 that I'm intending to buy on my next trip to Singapore (yeah ... I know, a lot of intentions there ! But I'm just planning ahead).

thanks !

senhwei
    My Website | Flickr | Canon 7D | Canon 30D | Olympus E-PL1

if you are reading this reply, you should able to see the search button(top page , right corner). Click on it, then type "tripod" on the search by keywprd. Finally, scroll down and click on Perform Search tab.

Hope this help.

Midnight
    Guests

Default Re: what's the best tripod for travel photography ?

Originally posted by senhwei
    I've no idea how much tripods cost, but let's say the budget is for something less than S$100.
    If you intend to stay within your budget, the Slik U8000 and U9000 are pretty well-constructed tripods despite their lightness. The U8000 should cost about $55 or so, and the U9000 a bit more than that.

If you're willing to spend much more, though, you'll undoubtedly hear recommendations for the Manfrotto 190 legset + 141RC head (or 352RC if you prefer ballheads). It's a nice and not particularly heavy setup that will probably last a lifetime.