Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help needed on Studio Photography

  1. #1

    Default Help needed on Studio Photography

    Hi everyone, I am currently doing a research on Studio Photography which I am very new to. Would like to find out more about the following:

    1) What are the different equipment used in Studio Photography and their average costs.

    2) Any recommendations of shops selling such equipment in Singapore?

    3) Any critical aspects that I should look out for when I set up a studio in a room - for taking candid group photos?

    4) How much does it cost to employ a full-time studio photographer (range)?

    Would greatly appreciate any comments/replies! Thank you very much!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loneberg
    Hi everyone, I am currently doing a research on Studio Photography which I am very new to. Would like to find out more about the following:

    1) What are the different equipment used in Studio Photography and their average costs.

    2) Any recommendations of shops selling such equipment in Singapore?

    3) Any critical aspects that I should look out for when I set up a studio in a room - for taking candid group photos?

    4) How much does it cost to employ a full-time studio photographer (range)?

    Would greatly appreciate any comments/replies! Thank you very much!
    School project?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    School project?
    u very funny hor...

    i think the most interesting line is tis...

    3) Any critical aspects that I should look out for when I set up a studio in a room - for taking candid group photos?

    the room must be very big for candid cos u will then catch them unaware... and in group... also need a very good lighting setup...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    u very funny hor...

    i think the most interesting line is tis...

    3) Any critical aspects that I should look out for when I set up a studio in a room - for taking candid group photos?

    the room must be very big for candid cos u will then catch them unaware... and in group... also need a very good lighting setup...
    no lah, you more funny lah
    Anyway if he can give more info on what the research is for maybe I can help mah.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #5
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default

    sounds more like a new studio owner than a student.
    Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    no lah, you more funny lah
    Anyway if he can give more info on what the research is for maybe I can help mah.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    sounds more like a new studio owner than a student.
    more like someone who want to own a studio. I don't mind. Anyone want to " buy " my studio?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  7. #7
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default

    Indeed, I find very hard to answer all his questions, anyway just try my best.
    1. You can set up a home studio less than 2K without camera, or >100k for a full service commercial studio, it depend your useage.
    2. Cathy Photo & Ruby Photo
    3. How big are you candid group? Define candid in your own term please. An idea camera room is at lest 12’ by 30’ for using a 9’ background paper.
    4. Hahhahhahahahah.
    Please find some books from National Library, or do a search setting up studio from some website, many of us take many years to set up and run a studio, some make it but some fail, you want someone to answer your questions in just in FOUR LINES? That’s reminded me of IRAS.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    sounds more like a new studio owner than a student.
    yar, i agree w/ u vince123123, does not sound like a research. more like a search for 'lobang'...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •