Thread: Ikea catalog

Default Re: Ikea catalog

It's called marketing.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I always find Ikea Group of Companies and their complex organizational structure rather fascinating and interesting.

They are one of the few corporations that directly control every single step of the industrial process from cultivation of raw feedstock / agriculture materials (cotton, forestry (lumber etc. etc.)) to primary and secondary production / manufacturing under Swedspan Holding B.V. and Swedwood Holding B.V. respectively.

Not to mention the direct distribution, franchising, licensing, marketing and retailing whose responsibilities falls under Inter IKEA Systems B.V (owned by Inter IKEA Holding S.A. which is owned by Interogo Foundation) and Ingka Holding B.V.. Above all, all these and along with many other shell subsidiaries are owned by the supposedly non-profit Stichting Ingka Foundation in what is probably the most elaborate anti-takeover and tax evasion scheme ever devise.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 30th August 2014 at 06:53 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    In the same way digital photography is cheating compared to using film, and in the same way film photography is cheating compared to painting...

Why do you think it is cheating? Does the furniture in the shop not look like the pictures in the catalog?
    EOS

Where got cheat?

Fashion magazines with heavily pp on models and clothes, is that cheating too?

The model has a big nose, but in model shots, the nose look so prefect....... LOL

Obviously ikea is not cheating. They do sell those products shown in the photos. There is no mispresentation

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I always find Ikea Group of Companies and their complex organizational structure rather fascinating and interesting.

They are one of the few corporations that directly control every single step of the industrial process from cultivation of raw feedstock / agriculture materials (cotton, forestry (lumber etc. etc.)) to primary and secondary production / manufacturing under Swedspan Holding B.V. and Swedwood Holding B.V. respectively.

Not to mention the direct distribution, franchising, licensing, marketing and retailing whose responsibilities falls under Inter IKEA Systems B.V (owned by Inter IKEA Holding S.A. which is owned by Interogo Foundation) and Ingka Holding B.V.. Above all, all these and along with many other shell subsidiaries are owned by the supposedly non-profit Stichting Ingka Foundation in what is probably the most elaborate anti-takeover and tax evasion scheme ever devise.
    lovely. a lawyer friend of mine is advising companies to protect their Intellectual Property (IP) by moving their IP via a sale into an IP holding company...which will then license back usage of said property to the seller...hence protecting the seller from claims upon the said property.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

"It's a bookbook..."

Video Missing

Now I wonder how Apple will include the Allan key into their (hopefully humouros) response...
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Now I wonder how Apple will include the Allan key into their (hopefully humouros) response...
    Can't wait. I'm a fan of Mac vs PC advert series.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Actually one of my earliest clients is a producer of LCD books:

Last edited by Sion; 6th September 2014 at 06:52 AM.