Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: possible to do so?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    I did a rough calculation last night. If I spend only $500 - $600 monthly and save the rest, after retire at 62, I rent my rooms out and I got at least $2k plus room rental, total at least $3k till I die (monthly). That means no more lottery betting, entertainment, new "toys", trips etc. So, worth to do so and will you do that?
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I did a rough calculation last night. If I spend only $500 - $600 monthly and save the rest, after retire at 62, I rent my rooms out and I got at least $2k plus room rental, total at least $3k till I die (monthly). That means no more lottery betting, entertainment, new "toys", trips etc. So, worth to do so and will you do that?
    Most impt is stay healthy.

    3k not enough for you?

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post

    Most impt is stay healthy.

    3k not enough for you?
    22 years later, 3k might be nothing for most of us if every things keep increasing like no tmrw. Maybe min $10 meal also possible by then.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #4
    Senior Member richiemccaw1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,101

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    At the rate things are going, not many people will be able to own their own homes, or have enough space/room to rent out to other people.

    I would however be happy to live on a decent stable passive income without doing funny things. I'm a simple person.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post

    22 years later, 3k might be nothing for most of us if every things keep increasing like no tmrw. Maybe min $10 meal also possible by then.
    Then you contradict yourself. Your own statement states the $, but u didn't factor in the inflation

  6. #6
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Then you contradict yourself. Your own statement states the $, but u didn't factor in the inflation
    I would assume one's savings are invested in some low-risk instruments that hopefully can break even with inflation.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Then you contradict yourself. Your own statement states the $, but u didn't factor in the inflation
    Draw also no need to draw till intestine out mah (convert from Chinese, haha!)

    But life is short, don't know when go. I going for an adventure but those who earn higher than me, still want to save and never step out far enough. I don't earn much, but I plan well ahead if I need to.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    I did a rough calculation last night. If I spend only $500 - $600 monthly and save the rest, after retire at 62, I rent my rooms out and I got at least $2k plus room rental, total at least $3k till I die (monthly). That means no more lottery betting, entertainment, new "toys", trips etc. So, worth to do so and will you do that?
    Everything is doable if you're prepared to make sacrifices for long-term good and plan for it early.

    All the best!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Everything is doable if you're prepared to make sacrifices for long-term good and plan for it early.

    All the best!
    Things hard to say one la. As long try to plan nicely, life passed easier.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  10. #10
    Senior Member sammy888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,568

    Default Re: possible to do so?

    That amount is already what is demanded of me by my parents each month on average. hahahah... I think you are a young kid still with almost no responsibility to anything or anyone yet if you can live on just $500-600 heheh. Who is paying your water, electric,housing,internet,phone,possible medical,dates..etc?
    Last edited by sammy888; 29th August 2014 at 05:51 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •