Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Calling all Dog lover photographer!!

I thought you are inviting all dog lover photographer - I mean your title seems to indicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by lindylim
    Picture from a Tea party..

4 different color of Schnauzer...
    awwww... they are so cute. are they minis? sure look minis to me.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Oh.. Sorry...

Should be calling for a dog lover photographer...

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    I thought you are inviting all dog lover photographer - I mean your title seems to indicate it.

Yes.. they are all minis...

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    awwww... they are so cute. are they minis? sure look minis to me.

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    hey lindy i think u got quite a number of people interested , since they are already so many photographer interested then i think i shall give it a pass and i think u might want to restrict the number of photographers to be there for better control as this is what i have experience before and maybe restrict direct flash also . just my 2 cent worth
    I think bounce flash still ok right? The last SKC dog show I went, they don't allow flash, end up all dogs blur blur one, only owner sharp.

BTW, is this the same breed?

They dun allow the flash only for dog in obedience trial cos will distract them...

Quote Originally Posted by T16
    I think bounce flash still ok right? The last SKC dog show I went, they don't allow flash, end up all dogs blur blur one, only owner sharp.

wah... lindy, u are getting alot of good response...
    hope you get someone to shoot for you...
    I am having a family gathering on that day, if i can squeeze some time, I will bring muffin down together with my camera...

Hi Meryvn,

Damien had agree to help.. So hope can get another photographer...
    Bro/sis, Will be bringing my laptop down.. jus in case you need to upload them to clear your memory space...

Ya... You better try to squeeze some time.. poor muffin.. think only seen her once at my place year ago...

Come and enjoy la...

Quote Originally Posted by siriuslim
    wah... lindy, u are getting alot of good response...
    hope you get someone to shoot for you...
    I am having a family gathering on that day, if i can squeeze some time, I will bring muffin down together with my camera...

Jus saw the picture.. yes.. is the same breed.. jus that her ear are standing..

if i'm not wrong, you took this at the dog show right?? Her name should be Charity. Owner name is Bernard and Chrisbelle..

yes ... anything that is beside direct should not be a problem ... just imagine flashing a few time into yr eyes and its hurt am i right ? same goes to our dear pets their eye are more fragile then ours so we must take gd care of them

I dont really encourage direct flash photography on pets (unless its in a studio environment).. 1stly, it can be quite distracting (maybe harmful) to the dog. 2ndly, you will get reflection from the dog's (similar to the red-eye effect on human) which will make the photo look un-natural.
    The key to shooting doggies is to have tonnes of treats in hand and have the owners keeping them still... it will be challenging and fun...

I agree not to use flash if possible, cos it may cause stress to the pets.
    Without the use of flash & using a f4 lens, I did have some acceptable shots at one of the SKC this year like this one

Ok ok, I know Schnauzers are different from golden retrievers but its a challenge for me

Jus saw the picture.. yes.. is the same breed.. jus that her ear are standing..

if i'm not wrong, you took this at the dog show right?? Her name should be Charity. Owner name is Bernard and Chrisbelle..
    Yes, her name is Charity. She won some prizes for her owner.

The owners are friendly too. I love this breed of dog, just got problem in pronouncing......

BTW, Anyone know anyone from the media to cover this outing??

Thanks,
    Lindy
    there're many of such outings and on a larger scale yet, so i'm wondering why you have this thought.

either way pm me with more details and who are your sponsors, i might be able to help.

Dun worry... i know you can do a great job....

But to normal pets owner, we use flash on our dog ley... cos we are using those cheap camera... that day i took a picture of my gal with flash light when the whole house is dark at 4am in the morning....

Quote Originally Posted by Damien
    I agree not to use flash if possible, cos it may cause stress to the pets.
    Without the use of flash & using a f4 lens, I did have some acceptable shots at one of the SKC this year like this one

Ok ok, I know Schnauzers are different from golden retrievers but its a challenge for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12