Thread: moments B4 sunrise

Default moments B4 sunrise

noob pic trying out a fe

there is defintely distortion but looks weirder after correction so i left it as it is.

cheers~

care to show the corrected v3rs!0|\|?

ermz sir I undid the action in PS just imagine the horizon being straighten out and the two sides of the image being cropped off disrupting the "twirl" of the clouds

I think the distortion is irritating. It's neither here nor there.
    Either it should be straightened, or maybe in this case, make it curve more to fit the clouds.

i don't see the need to correct the distortion, in fact i'll prefer more distortion by tilting your angle up to get more sky and less water, this would dramatise the cloud formation. try adjusting the curves slightly to give more contrast to the sky while preserving the lighting quality.

mebbe I will try distorting it more as straightening it certainly does not work for me

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    i don't see the need to correct the distortion, in fact i'll prefer more distortion by tilting your angle up to get more sky and less water, this would dramatise the cloud formation. try adjusting the curves slightly to give more contrast to the sky while preserving the lighting quality.
    i have another one with it tilted up slightly higher. will post it later when I am done with it.

Hey Rebbot

Nice meeting up with you just now..I kinda understand what you mean when you say the fe helps the clouds seem as if its swirling in dynamic motion..personally i find that the distortion does not work for me..prob coz on a d70, the distortion is neither here nor there..do chiou me if you and your kakis are going for a shoot soon..Cheers.