Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 76

Thread: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

  1. #41
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    This arrangement was reported days ahead of the event and repeated on radio. No LTA official listen to news meh? So serious why no objection till event is over? Someone make noise then act to show they are taking action? 'Horse behind cannon'

    Like that how to have creativity?
    Totally agree. LTA seems to be putting up a show that they are doing something.

  2. #42

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Like that how to have creativity?
    Sim: If you need creativity let me know, I will charter my creativity out to you.


  3. #43
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Sim: If you need creativity let me know, I will charter my creativity out to you.


    Creative Technology going to pok gai and delist soon, from S$60 to S$2.

    Still want to go look for him.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  4. #44

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Creative Technology going to pok gai and delist soon, from S$60 to S$2.

    Still want to go look for him.
    Sim: Now cheap price and discount.

  5. #45

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    As long as they are no changes to the normal service, I don't even think SMRT should need to obtain permission from LTA. They should just need to inform them.

    As for the argument as to whether bus or trains cause less inconvenience, I think I should point out that if all goes well, chartering trains cause significantly less inconvenience to the public as compared to buses. In this case, there are going to be a lot of buses on the road at the same time if you charter buses, which causes traffic congestion along the roads. If there is no train breakdown, there is absolutely no congestion or inconvenience at all to the public, except at the two train stations (where the students board and alight)

  6. #46
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    We should charter everything that can make money?

    Including our ministerial service to the countries that need an efficient, clean and bright government?

  7. #47

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    We should charter everything that can make money?

    Including our ministerial service to the countries that need an efficient, clean and bright government?


  8. #48
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?


  9. #49

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Great! I prefer yours!


  10. #50
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    So your definition of a public event means anyone can join, as long as they have money.

    In which case, apparently a special gala dinner held at a top-end restaurant where a seat costs $10,000 is also a public event?
    Ha ha. you got me there.

    I guess I can't really define it properly in words, but it seems to me the ACS is quite a closed group. Quite different from the marathon or F1. I just can't find the words to describe it.

    I guess we just leave it like that. Sorry.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  11. #51
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Just curious: did ACS(I) need to get MOE permission to get the whole school not to have classes and instead go support their team? Did they get the parents' consent also?

  12. #52

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Ha ha. you got me there.

    I guess I can't really define it properly in words, but it seems to me the ACS is quite a closed group. Quite different from the marathon or F1. I just can't find the words to describe it.

    I guess we just leave it like that. Sorry.
    Ha ha ha, you admit defeat. Edutilos always have superior intelligence and logic. I will never challenge him.

    Nevertheless, I think your point is still valid.
    Also, SMRT has already admitted that they are wrong. Organizations just have to learn and move on. Doing the wrong thing is not about creativity, otherwise we should give awards to the biggest or most imaginative criminals.

    http://www.straitstimes.com/news/sin...ains-be-charte

  13. #53
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Just curious: did ACS(I) need to get MOE permission to get the whole school not to have classes and instead go support their team? Did they get the parents' consent also?
    ACS is an independent school..

  14. #54
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Ha ha ha, you admit defeat. Edutilos always have superior intelligence and logic. I will never challenge him.
    Ya lor, knocked down on my a$$.

    BUt don't you like this kind of banter? At least we have a reason justifying our opinion, and have the chance to see from other point of view, and it's justification. Not just some statement followed with the famous internet acronym that means laughing.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  15. #55

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    BUt don't you like this kind of banter? At least we have a reason justifying our opinion, and have the chance to see from other point of view, and it's justification. Not just some statement followed with the famous internet acronym that means laughing.
    Yes I like the banter, it is just for fun for me. But you are really cool about this. People often find it hard to lose an argument. Lol.

  16. #56
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    People often find it hard to lose an argument. Lol.
    The sole purpose of some people in the forum is to win arguments.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The sole purpose of some people in the forum is to win arguments.
    Ha ha, if you need any help to win argument:



    But better to take things easy like Foxshade:


  18. #58
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?


  19. #59

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    This is just to demonstrate to all civil servants that Temasek companies are Bo Cheng Hu.

  20. #60

    Default Re: Is this stifling SMRT's business initiatives?

    Why not? It makes business sense.

    This is call productivity. Use your resources to the fullest.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •