Perhaps anarchist is a better description for these scumbags.
America created the term jihadist, islamist and whatnot. Nice marketing term to promote their weaponry sales. Just like the term "retina display" which can be called high resolution display but retina sounds more nicer and marketable. Anyway, marketing was invented by the Americans.
At the end of the day, who cares what religion or race it belongs to. Its all about money, money and more money. If you think its us against them, you need grow up and broaden your mind.
When you read such reports, they will not associate them with their religion. This is a good way to treat such groups.
To them it maybe freedom or whatever they are fighting for but we should not fall into the trap by linking the rest of the innocent mainstream believers into this. If we start to divide between you and me, then there will be no end.
Cult (klt)n.1. a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
b. The followers of such a religion or sect.
2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.
3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.
4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.
5.a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.
6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.
cult (kʌlt) n1. (Theology) a specific system of religious worship, esp with reference to its rites and deity
2. (Theology) a sect devoted to such a system
3. (Sociology) a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents
4. (Sociology) sociol a group having an exclusive ideology and ritual practices centred on sacred symbols, esp one characterized by lack of organizational structure
5. intense interest in and devotion to a person, idea, or activity: the cult of yoga.
6. the person, idea, etc, arousing such devotion
7.a. something regarded as fashionable or significant by a particular group
b. (as modifier): a cult show.
8. (modifier) of, relating to, or characteristic of a cult or cults: a cult figure.
Don't need to quote from all those links, they follow what the Western media uses.Monkey see monkey do.
Jihad mean a struggle for self-improvement be it for knowledge, wealth or peace, etc.Towards goodness in Islam. But still needs further clarification from scholars and not Al-Jazeera or NBC.
These extremist just wants anarchy. There are protocols to adhere in real holy war. So far many claims of holy war is just a disguise for terrorism. Including this one.
The movie Kingdom of Heaven is an almost goodrepresentation of Jihad and holy war by Saladin based on true events. Personally I believe it did not get much accolades because it did not demonise Islam or rather put muslim in good light. Please watch it.
Anyway,why is my comments disturbing to you?
Anyway, National Geographic has an article on it here.
Last edited by greenieadi; 29th August 2014 at 08:19 PM.
BTW did you know Singapore govt also has their own list of what they call cult and not cult even though it is legally allow in other countries.
Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2014 at 10:39 AM.
oh.....let me get some popcorn...
On my Blacklist. u should blacklist this too.
Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2014 at 11:57 AM.
Dsicussions on Politics and religon are not welcome here. Please take them elsewhere. Thanks.