Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wannabe "Islamic State (IS)" Jihadist Visited Singapore To Have Sex With Prostitutes

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Freedom fighters?
    I like that name. At least they don't link with innocent party.

Default Re: Wannabe "Islamic State (IS)" Jihadist Visited Singapore To Have Sex With Prostitu

Perhaps anarchist is a better description for these scumbags.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Default Re: Wannabe "Islamic State (IS)" Jihadist Visited Singapore To Have Sex With Prostitu

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I like that name. At least they don't link with innocent party.
    Freedom from what? Common sense and a recent, modern law system?
    EOS

America created the term jihadist, islamist and whatnot. Nice marketing term to promote their weaponry sales. Just like the term "retina display" which can be called high resolution display but retina sounds more nicer and marketable. Anyway, marketing was invented by the Americans.

At the end of the day, who cares what religion or race it belongs to. Its all about money, money and more money. If you think its us against them, you need grow up and broaden your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Freedom from what? Common sense and a recent, modern law system?
    The western world would name those that they don't like to be associated with Christianity as Cult and not Christian cult. Although such groups are an off spring of their religion or so claimed to be one.

When you read such reports, they will not associate them with their religion. This is a good way to treat such groups.

The western world would name those that they don't like to be associated with Christianity as Cult and not Christian cult. Although such groups are an off spring of their religion or so claimed to be one.
    When you read such reports, they will not associate them with their religion. This is a good way to treat such groups.
    Can we skip sweeping statements and get some facts together, please?
    Again: what kind of freedom are you talking about, which you believe is the target of these ... people?
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by hazmee View Post
    America created the term jihadist, islamist and whatnot. Nice marketing term to promote their weaponry sales. Just like the term "retina display" which can be called high resolution display but retina sounds more nicer and marketable. Anyway, marketing was invented by the Americans.

At the end of the day, who cares what religion or race it belongs to. Its all about money, money and more money. If you think its us against them, you need grow up and broaden your mind.
    Okay, so is this also where those in denial starts claiming that Zionists from the CIA and Mossad covertly created and funded the "Islamic State (IS)"?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Okay, so is this also where those in denial starts claiming that Zionists from the CIA and Mossad covertly created and funded the "Islamic State (IS)"?
    A lot of people in this world are also in denial especially those who think some disorganised and rogue society suddenly had money to buy weapons and start an "islamic state".

Can we skip sweeping statements and get some facts together, please? Again: what kind of freedom are you talking about, which you believe is the target of these ... people?
    Oh dear I hope I don't sound defensive or supportive of such groups. What I meant is whatever course they are after, they don't represent the mainstream religion group. Therefore, we should avoid making similar reference even if they choose to use similar name. How? Those in the media should be the expert.

To them it maybe freedom or whatever they are fighting for but we should not fall into the trap by linking the rest of the innocent mainstream believers into this. If we start to divide between you and me, then there will be no end.

Funny that you mention Cult is something USA tend to use it to mean anything that is non-Christian. But as I read the definition in the various dictionaries, it could mean all religions can be classify as cult in one form or another. hahahah

Cult (klt)n.1. a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader.
    b. The followers of such a religion or sect.

2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual.

3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual.

4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease.

5.a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion.

6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest.

cult (kʌlt) n1. (Theology) a specific system of religious worship, esp with reference to its rites and deity

2. (Theology) a sect devoted to such a system

3. (Sociology) a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents

4. (Sociology) sociol a group having an exclusive ideology and ritual practices centred on sacred symbols, esp one characterized by lack of organizational structure

5. intense interest in and devotion to a person, idea, or activity: the cult of yoga.

6. the person, idea, etc, arousing such devotion

7.a. something regarded as fashionable or significant by a particular group
    b. (as modifier): a cult show.

8. (modifier) of, relating to, or characteristic of a cult or cults: a cult figure.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Funny that you mention Cult is something USA tend to use it to mean anything that is non-Christian. But as I read the definition in the various dictionaries, it could mean all religions can be classify as cult in one form or another. hahahah Cult (klt)n.1. a. A religion or religious sect generally considered to be extremist or false, with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of an authoritarian, charismatic leader. b. The followers of such a religion or sect. 2. A system or community of religious worship and ritual. 3. The formal means of expressing religious reverence; religious ceremony and ritual. 4. A usually nonscientific method or regimen claimed by its originator to have exclusive or exceptional power in curing a particular disease. 5.a. Obsessive, especially faddish, devotion to or veneration for a person, principle, or thing. b. The object of such devotion. 6. An exclusive group of persons sharing an esoteric, usually artistic or intellectual interest. cult (kʌlt) n1. (Theology) a specific system of religious worship, esp with reference to its rites and deity 2. (Theology) a sect devoted to such a system 3. (Sociology) a quasi-religious organization using devious psychological techniques to gain and control adherents 4. (Sociology) sociol a group having an exclusive ideology and ritual practices centred on sacred symbols, esp one characterized by lack of organizational structure 5. intense interest in and devotion to a person, idea, or activity: the cult of yoga. 6. the person, idea, etc, arousing such devotion 7.a. something regarded as fashionable or significant by a particular group b. (as modifier): a cult show. 8. (modifier) of, relating to, or characteristic of a cult or cults: a cult figure.
    Thank you for pointing out. I thought I did mention the west DON'T use the phrase 'Christian Cult' although such group claimed to be representing Christianity. I must be old and forgetful for saying otherwise. So sorry.

Search for yourself before you start pointing fingers in a single direction.
    Distorting and disturbing are comments like yours.

http://www.nst.com.my/node/26883
    http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...-syria-muslims
    http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...lace-isil.html

Don't need to quote from all those links, they follow what the Western media uses.Monkey see monkey do.

Jihad mean a struggle for self-improvement be it for knowledge, wealth or peace, etc.Towards goodness in Islam. But still needs further clarification from scholars and not Al-Jazeera or NBC.

These extremist just wants anarchy. There are protocols to adhere in real holy war. So far many claims of holy war is just a disguise for terrorism. Including this one.

The movie Kingdom of Heaven is an almost goodrepresentation of Jihad and holy war by Saladin based on true events. Personally I believe it did not get much accolades because it did not demonise Islam or rather put muslim in good light. Please watch it.

Anyway,why is my comments disturbing to you?

Anyway, National Geographic has an article on it here.
    Last edited by greenieadi; 29th August 2014 at 08:19 PM.

Thank you for pointing out. I thought I did mention the west DON'T use the phrase 'Christian Cult' although such group claimed to be representing Christianity. I must be old and forgetful for saying otherwise. So sorry.
    That's okay.. not a problem. I just think all religions are cult in one sense or another and with some rather more dangerous then we are willing to accept. heheheheh....

BTW did you know Singapore govt also has their own list of what they call cult and not cult even though it is legally allow in other countries.
    Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2014 at 10:39 AM.

oh.....let me get some popcorn...
    On my Blacklist. u should blacklist this too.
    9022 9295

Last edited by sammy888; 30th August 2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinata76 View Post
    oh.....let me get some popcorn...
    No need heheh just a passing gas moment...

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Please, you all need to stop calling these terrorists as "Jihadist" or "Islamist".

Is kinda insulting to all god-fearing Muslims worldwide. Learn what is meant by "Jihad", it's not only means about war and destruction.

Western media is liberally using such term and it is very distorting.

These so-call barbarians cannot be call Muslims but some distorted cult group using Islam as an excuse for their personal pursuits.
    Chillax....

Well anyways ISIS are confirmed A$$holes.
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Quote Originally Posted by greenieadi View Post
    Don't need to quote from all those links, they follow what the Western media uses.Monkey see monkey do.

Jihad mean a struggle for self-improvement be it for knowledge, wealth or peace, etc.Towards goodness in Islam. But still needs further clarification from scholars and not Al-Jazeera or NBC.

These extremist just wants anarchy. There are protocols to adhere in real holy war. So far many claims of holy war is just a disguise for terrorism. Including this one.

The movie Kingdom of Heaven is an almost goodrepresentation of Jihad and holy war by Saladin based on true events. Personally I believe it did not get much accolades because it did not demonise Islam or rather put muslim in good light. Please watch it.

Anyway,why is my comments disturbing to you?

Anyway, National Geographic has an article on it here.
    Is beheading of kidnapped civilians a normal thing and mentioned in texts... just asking. ?
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

Blog Entries

Dsicussions on Politics and religon are not welcome here. Please take them elsewhere. Thanks.

Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12