Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ban smoking

Default ban smoking

no smoking in kopitiam and bars/pubs from next year july 2006. hmmmmm...wonder what is going to happen. sure affect lottsa people. smokers who smoke in kopitiam with their coffee, beer drinkers.......bars and pubs business........

maybe they will also ban smoking in studio...

good thing i quit 1 mth ago,my 3rd attempt le.

thats good news!
    the government should draw yellow boxes all over singapore for the smokers actually.

i think there would b many ppl who would complain against this. hmm..

my complaint would be why don't ban smoking altogether??? Why the little bits here and there??

No ciggie no tax no revenue....
    Becoz...revenue from IR havent start rolling mah... BLEAH .
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by sbs99
    my complaint would be why don't ban smoking altogether??? Why the little bits here and there??

No ciggie no tax no revenue....
    Becoz...revenue from IR havent start rolling mah... BLEAH .
    So who will care? There are still people smoking at bus stops. Even if there are no smoking signs, people still smoke.

They can't ban ciggs totally. If they do, our taxes are going to be like 50%.

i agree. moreover many ppl who are smoke addicts, cant juz quit smoking so abruptly.

Quote Originally Posted by jesser
    no smoking in kopitiam and bars/pubs from next year july 2006. hmmmmm...wonder what is going to happen. sure affect lottsa people. smokers who smoke in kopitiam with their coffee, beer drinkers.......bars and pubs business........
    Being a non-smoker, I'm actually fine with this.

They shld draw yellow boxes near dustbins actually. Want to smoke, stand there smoke, finish, dump it immediately where it shld belong and not flick it all over the place like I see some ppl doing that occasionally.

Alternatively, smoke in the comfort of ur own home. After dinner, sitting on the sofa and lighting up.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Lightbulb

not to sound righteous. i have seen parent/s who are smoker/s, who smoke in close promixity of their children. what irrepairable damage to their children' s health over long period of time!

vince123123
    Guests

The bad part about bus stops is that there is no express wording against smoking in bus stops to my knowledge. The closest one is "any queue of 2 or more persons in a public place". Now the question is whether bus stops qualifies in the above description..

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    So who will care? There are still people smoking at bus stops. Even if there are no smoking signs, people still smoke.

They can't ban ciggs totally. If they do, our taxes are going to be like 50%.

$5/stick lor........ + no benefits to lung cancer patient due to smoking... same as AIDS, if kena AIDS via prostitution, then can't claim any insurance. probably more get killed by lung cancer than by AIDS.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123
    The bad part about bus stops is that there is no express wording against smoking in bus stops to my knowledge. The closest one is "any queue of 2 or more persons in a public place". Now the question is whether bus stops qualifies in the above description..
    Let me correct myself... no smoking at bus interchanges, especially whilst in Q.

As for bus stops, normally I show dissatisfaction by waving my arms to rid the smokey air, most of them understand and will move behind the crowd.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    $5/stick lor........ + no benefits to lung cancer patient due to smoking... same as AIDS, if kena AIDS via prostitution, then can't claim any insurance. probably more get killed by lung cancer than by AIDS.
    There will still be buyers. Even $10 / stick.

if smokers can blow their smoke freely beside me can I also just fart freely huh

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jopel
    if smokers can blow their smoke freely beside me can I also just fart freely huh
    You can... I do.

vince123123
    Guests

Asking the garment ot ban smoking totally is as good as asking all the smoker to quit smoking by themselves.......

Can fart without the sound effect ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Can fart without the sound effect ...
    that one is a killer!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast