Thread: Stuck Negatives

Default Stuck Negatives

Greetings,

Took out some 10 year-old pictures & negatives from my school days recently and found that some negatives were not kept properly and were stuck to each other. Tried prying out a pair, but it left drastic scorch marks on the negatives. *heart pain*

Any idea how best to separate these negatives?

Would appreciate any useful advice on this.

p.s: Are there any good methods to clean slides and negatives? Will small slabes of cotton bud and lens cleaning solution do the trick?

rOCh

Default Re: Stuck Negatives

Originally posted by rochkoh
    Greetings,

Took out some 10 year-old pictures & negatives from my school days recently and found that some negatives were not kept properly and were stuck to each other. Tried prying out a pair, but it left drastic scorch marks on the negatives. *heart pain*

Any idea how best to separate these negatives?

Would appreciate any useful advice on this.

p.s: Are there any good methods to clean slides and negatives? Will small slabes of cotton bud and lens cleaning solution do the trick?

rOCh
    Soak it in clean water for a while?

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Stuck Negatives

Originally posted by rochkoh

rOCh
    i suspect using film cleaning solution is the best and safest method.

soak in clean water with photo-flo. then with your fingers gently wipe it in one smooth stroke down and let in dry in a clean place.