Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to shoot potrait of people in dark areas with perfect exposure?

vince123123
    Guests

Well slow sync is based on the premise that his background dark such that ISO+aperture is still insufficient, or if he wants lose ISO for noise control, or lens aperture not that big etc

Let see my method no need slow syrco for kid, one background shot to get perfect expose background. Kid can be shots seperatly with tons of optional images to pick for expression no need to worry about light going through him or he create blury image of himself. Simple PS most of us can do. Sure way of geting the desire effect. Oh which by the way I use on many paying jobs. Huh what am I trying to convince here

vince123123
    Guests

Probably no one go that way because of what the thread starter said:

"anyway, is shooting building first, and then re-taking another shot with person and then use PS to crop out and paste person as second layer the way ? or any better way to use PS to solve this ?

is there anyway to do this using camera settings only and without PS, such that buildings and person are both properly exposed ?"

Quote Originally Posted by singscott
    Let see my method no need slow syrco for kid, one background shot to get perfect expose background. Kid can be shots seperatly with tons of optional images to pick for expression no need to worry about light going through him or he create blury image of himself. Simple PS most of us can do. Sure way of geting the desire effect. Oh which by the way I use on many paying jobs. Huh what am I trying to convince here

"anyway, is shooting building first, and then re-taking another shot with person and then use PS to crop out and paste person as second layer the way ? or any better way to use PS to solve this ?"

Please see the sentence in red!!! See the question mark? I am answering the questions by telling him, it the way if he want what he want and on top of that offering a method not just only cut and paste but something he can do with PS that have high chance of success. Please before you point out "people's reading error" use your brain first.
    Last edited by singscott; 3rd August 2005 at 04:06 AM.

Default Re: how to shoot potrait of people in dark areas with perfect exposure?

wat is a 2nd curtain flash???

Quote Originally Posted by helfizad
    wat is a 2nd curtain flash???
    The flash fire just before the shutter close (Rear curtain), the normal way is the flash fire when the shutter just open (Front curtain), the effect will be more obvious when the shutter is at slows speed.

Read your camera manual.

try this loh. no guarantee hor.

set aperture to F8 or more, iso100, shutter time to be about 5-10 sec(enough to capture the background) & set flash to full blast(enough to capture the kid).

get the kid to stand there and shoot him/her. after the initial burst of the flash, tell the kid to run to one side(that is out of the way of the view) while capturing the rest of the surrounding with the longer shutter time.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    try this loh. no guarantee hor.

set aperture to F8 or more, iso100, shutter time to be about 5-10 sec(enough to capture the background) & set flash to full blast(enough to capture the kid).

get the kid to stand there and shoot him/her. after the initial burst of the flash, tell the kid to run to one side(that is out of the way of the view) while capturing the rest of the surrounding with the longer shutter time.
    the effect already mention before, please read post #1.

shoot the background seperately...then u can shoot ur model in the studio using blue background or green be sure to save the image to tiff 32 bit.then put them together in ps..use the alpha to mask the model.put it over the background.tweak to match the lighting and color.viola!!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    the effect already mention before, please read post #1.
    the approach i recommended is diffferent.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    the approach i recommended is diffferent.
    You have to make sure the background behind the kids is totally black and no ambient light on the kid, if not, stray light will still affect the images of the kids.

For the sake of discussion, we can suggest many methods, but is just for simple family fun shots, maybe just simply using high ISO with wide aperture plus flash is the best, like what espn suggested.

vince123123
    Guests

I concur!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    For the sake of discussion, we can suggest many methods, but is just for simple family fun shots, maybe just simply using high ISO with wide aperture plus flash is the best, like what espn suggested.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12