Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The entire Shears Bridge lined up with people,

Damien actually told me that he thinks that the total cost of all equipment on Sheares Bridge is like a couple of million bucks.

I'd like to think so otherwise. But seeing someone here mention abt MF cameras, I'm thinking that Damien is right....
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    how come so many people so shocked to see a medium format?
    Ya lor, dunnno why so shocked haahaa...
    Eikin,maybe next time we bring LF cameras up there to take fireworks la.... 4x5 no fight hahaha
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

What will happen on the actual day? Worse than that?

Yeah lor, what was the situation a year ago? I am sure there will be large number
    of people on the actual day.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    all of them from CS with 350D and D70s right?

I only found a place near Esplanade, and my lens was not wide enough to capture
    the great shows in my front.

I standing quite near u if I not wrong.

Here is my shot at 22mm only...

I didnt bring a tripod for dinner so couldnt take pics. Here's a frame of the captured video instead..

Here's the video for those who are interested..

http://www.ramaraj.com/fireworks3.avi (6mb)

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan
    I standing quite near u if I not wrong.

Here is my shot at 22mm only...

I was alone behind the yellow thing seaman use in the sea.

I shot with my 28-135mm. Only this picture I shot looks "done".

So, next week I should watch out for platforms in the river on which the
    fireworks are fired from and point my camera to them.

i was wondering hw to get this shot.. amoung the 12 shots i have, it seems like this series is the hardest one to get thou..

prolly u wanna share with us the settings u used ?

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    Damien actually told me that he thinks that the total cost of all equipment on Sheares Bridge is like a couple of million bucks.

I'd like to think so otherwise. But seeing someone here mention abt MF cameras, I'm thinking that Damien is right....
    How come nobody came and robbed them all?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion
    How come nobody came and robbed them all?
    So many photographers, who dare to rob? If someone dare to rob, each of us throw the robber one tripod, he will be in trouble

Default Why on a trembling bridge?

No offence to all the avid and pro photographers out there who lined themselves up on Sheares Bridge, but I think that location is not good (ehh... lousy actually).

I was on the bridge once many years ago to shoot the NDP fireworks, and I could feel the bridge tremble/vibrate beneath my feet when big vehicles drive pass. Ever since that experience, I blacklisted the bridge as a good location.

I even noticed that my fireworks images had slight wiggly lines due to the bridge shaking.

Is the wiggly lines caused by software resizing? I realized that some of my
    lines had zigzag patterns if they are not exactly horizontal or vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Is the wiggly lines caused by software resizing? I realized that some of my
    lines had zigzag patterns if they are not exactly horizontal or vertical.
    Ohh... good point you brought up.

However I was shooting film that year long ago.

When I said "wiggly", I do mean wiggly! Not software resizing, and not a fault with the film.

I see, film then it's may be caused by shakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jemapela
    Ohh... good point you brought up.

However I was shooting film that year long ago.

When I said "wiggly", I do mean wiggly! Not software resizing, and not a fault with the film.
    I think u got it all wrong...when firework start...all vehicles will slow down...even stop to see this 'great' firework...u can hardly feel any vibration at all....

The wiggles line of firework are caused by its own moving direction...not always the same fireworks u seem from the last few years ago...

No offence to all the avid and pro photographers out there who lined themselves up on Sheares Bridge, but I think that location is not good (ehh... lousy actually).

I was on the bridge once many years ago to shoot the NDP fireworks, and I could feel the bridge tremble/vibrate beneath my feet when big vehicles drive pass. Ever since that experience, I blacklisted the bridge as a good location.

I even noticed that my fireworks images had slight wiggly lines due to the bridge shaking.
    Maybe the weight of all the photographers sort of stable down and stop the vibration of the bridge on that day so no one could feel it?

Quote Originally Posted by John Tan
    I think u got it all wrong...when firework start...all vehicles will slow down...even stop to see this 'great' firework...u can hardly feel any vibration at all....

The wiggles line of firework are caused by its own moving direction...not always the same fireworks u seem from the last few years ago...
    Now that you mention it, yes there is that possibility that the fireworks fly spinning or spirally. Any pyrotechnicians here to verify that?

As for the vehicles slowing down, I still say no. It's an expressway, and even though if the vehicles slow down (illegally), I could still feel the bridge vibrate.

Quote Originally Posted by koolz
    Maybe the weight of all the photographers sort of stable down and stop the vibration of the bridge on that day so no one could feel it?
    I hope you were just kidding because it's not really true (quite nonsensical). No offence.

I was on the bridge with hundreds of other that year, just as you (or others) were recently. It still trembles/vibrates when a bus or lorry drives pass.

great...stay away from the bridge so that i will have more space there

seriously, the vibration is negligible and wont affect the firework picture in anyway. With ultra wide angle lens, the image will still be sharp even if u just handheld.

Remember firework itself are not stationary object, so u cannot conclude base on that lar.

Try shooting the buildings from the bridge with long exposure and tripod, and then take a look at it at 100% to see if the image is blur or not
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast