30th July 2005, 01:25 PM
Just 2 quick questions.
1. I tried using my polariser again after ages and found that the image is blurred and off focus. Even an attempt in MF mode did not yield results.
Could anyone advise on possible cause and solutions for this problem?
2. Another polariser of mine produces 'double images'. Any ideas?
Many thanks in advance for any answers provided.
30th July 2005, 01:52 PM
Are you using a linear polarizer on a AF camera?
That may be the cause of the focusing problem.
30th July 2005, 02:49 PM
It's a circular I think. How do I tell the diff between a linear or circular?
30th July 2005, 05:27 PM
30th July 2005, 09:26 PM
If you are using digital camera, doesn't matter whether you are using linear or circular. It won't affect your pic. I am using linear on my 20D, no problem.
May i know what camera you using?
31st July 2005, 12:59 AM
Was using a 20D when I encountered the problem.
Anyway, to clarify. What I'm saying is that the images when I use the polariser are totally blured. At first I thought it was a focusing problem. But when I tried manual focusing, it still gave me blurred images. So I really have no idea what's wrong.
31st July 2005, 01:15 AM
31st July 2005, 01:25 AM
I'm using a Raydawn one. And I usually store it in my cupboard with a Thirsty Hippo inside...
31st July 2005, 01:28 AM
Check to see if your polarizor has fogged up or the polarizing film in-between the glass plates has melted.
31st July 2005, 02:03 AM
Ok, here's my point of view.
Originally Posted by jeremyftk
1) By the best polz you can afford like Nikon, Canon or B+W. Why? Because they are the best & can be purchased in the market.
2) For goodness sake, get yourself a dry-box. This will help to prolong the life-span of your expensive equipment(s).
3) If you don't wish to purchase the items (esp. the dry-box) I've mentioned above. You might as well say good-bye to your equipment(s) sooner or later dude.