Thread: Printing photos

Default Printing photos

Can I ask to print photos, where in Singapore I can go to?

Most DSLR shoot in 4 x 6 but can I print in this aspect ratio or I have to convert to 8 x 10 aspect ratio?

If I want to print up to 8R (but mostly 4R), do I save in sRGB or Adobe RGB/ProPhoto RGB color space, and for CMYK SWOP v2 or Coated FOGRA 39. Also what size I should save my photo in to pass to print house? 3000 pixel x 2400 pixel at 300 ppi and in JPEG or TIFF?

And roughly how much do you charge for printing?

Thanks.

Default Re: Printing photos

Quote Originally Posted by shelomoh View Post
    Can I ask to print photos, where in Singapore I can go to?
    if you are printing 4R photos up to 12" x 18" prints, most neighbourhood digilabs can do this, you can check out the stick thread in consumers corner of their store name, contact and address.

Most DSLR shoot in 4 x 6 but can I print in this aspect ratio or I have to convert to 8 x 10 aspect ratio?
    depends on what size/s of prints you intent to prints, not all paper size share the same aspect ration.

If I want to print up to 8R (but mostly 4R), do I save in sRGB or Adobe RGB/ProPhoto RGB color space, and for CMYK SWOP v2 or Coated FOGRA 39.
    No, digilabs only accept sRGB, their machines do not recognize other color space.

Also what size I should save my photo in to pass to print house? 3000 pixel x 2400 pixel at 300 ppi and in JPEG or TIFF?
    depends on the print size you want to print, paper length* 300ppi x paper width*300ppi, you don't need any higher resolution that 300ppi, in jpg file format is just fine, if you don't believe can send them two file formats, or much higher resolutions to compare the results yourself.

And roughly how much do you charge for printing?
    please call the stores to find out.

Thanks.
    you ware welcome.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio