Thread: bag for my nikon d70/tripod/laptop

Default bag for my nikon d70/tripod/laptop

hi,

i'm just a newbie in photography (and also to clubsnap)

can anyone please advise for a cheap camera backpack bag that can hold my nikon d70 some lenses (atleast 3), has a tripod holder and has a compartment for a 15" laptop...

how much does this kind of bag costs?

where can i buy it?
    do you know a shop that sells a second hand camera backpack bag

thanks in advance...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_sentiments
    hi,

i'm just a newbie in photography (and also to clubsnap)

can anyone please advise for a cheap camera backpack bag that can hold my nikon d70 some lenses (atleast 3), has a tripod holder and has a compartment for a 15" laptop...

how much does this kind of bag costs?

where can i buy it?
    do you know a shop that sells a second hand camera backpack bag

thanks in advance...

are u talking abt here, in singapore, or back in your country, wrt to the 2nd-hand bag? cos locally, i dun think there's a dedicated shop dat sells used-bags in singapore.

for ur carrying need, u might want to consider a lowepro computrekker AW
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...rekker_AW.aspx

or the newer compurover AW
    http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Back...uRover_AW.aspx
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

hi nightwolf...i'll be visiting singapore next week and one of my agenda is to scout for cheap camera bags.....

about the 2nd-hand shops, i was thinking that there might be some shops, not exactly dedicated to 2nd hand bags but are selling 2nd hand items or surplus items and might have a 2nd hand camera backpacks on the side.....

another follow up question nightwolf75, how much do you think are those bags you mentioned?

thanks!

Blog Entries

another follow up question nightwolf75, how much do you think are those bags you mentioned?

thanks!
    oic... well, advanced welcomes to singapore then!

there are some surplus (used-equipment) shops ard city hall area, in peninsular shopping centre, peninsular plaza and the adephi. all these buildings are situated within 15mins walk from city hall MRT stn. they have plenty of 2nd-hand equipment shops (eg The Camera Workshop - ie TCW, prime cameras etc). however, do take time to walk ard and shop? and do remember to extensively test the equipment u might want to purchase.

as for bags, like i said, doubt u can find used ones in these shops. as for new pricing, it varies. these 2 bags shld be going for ard $100+. got a fren who purchased the compuRover AW recently. think he bought it for ard $130?? can't quite remember.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

do you know where your friend got his compurover? do you think Cathay photo has the compurover AW? i so love that bag already!

u can try buying online here at Clubsnap under d buy-&-sell forum.

welcome 2 S'pore in advance....

hope u have a wonderful time!

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75

what will be the estimate price of this bag ?
    looks good to me ..

where can I find it as well ?

i too am lured to check this computrekker aw out. probably in cathay photo. i shall try my luck tmr.

may i recommend tenba? tenba brand bags has what u r looking for but a bit costly pm me if u want to know the price. http://www.tenbagear.com/2000_01_db15cl.htm

they do have shoulder bags too. but then i would think twice abt putting that weight on 1 shoulder!

Blog Entries

do you know where your friend got his compurover? do you think Cathay photo has the compurover AW? i so love that bag already!
    cathay shld have, as they have one of the largest collection of lowepro bags ard. my fren bought it from TK photo, near beach road, cos cathay ran out of stocks when he wanted to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by stnicholas81
    may i recommend tenba? tenba brand bags has what u r looking for but a bit costly pm me if u want to know the price. http://www.tenbagear.com/2000_01_db15cl.htm
    Send PM.

../azul123

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Can know what's the price for D-15C and DB-15C? ever looking for a bag that fits nicely for notebook and camera in-one. Any shop to see sample of it?

../azul123
    pagi, tuan!

think u can check with CP also? i do believe they have a collection on tenba bags in the shop. another place i heard is a shop in chinatown. can't quite remember the name (can anyone help?).

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    pagi, tuan!

think u can check with CP also? i do believe they have a collection on tenba bags in the shop. another place i heard is a shop in chinatown. can't quite remember the name (can anyone help?).
    Pagi Sam, thanks...

Must be quite new, last time was there only saw they carry Crumpler and Lowepro... will pay them a visit. So far haven't found a bag that I like. Either too big (Crumpler The Formal Lounge) or too bulky (Lowepro Computrekker) that's only me.

../azul123

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azul123
    Pagi Sam, thanks...

Must be quite new, last time was there only saw they carry Crumpler and Lowepro... will pay them a visit. So far haven't found a bag that I like. Either too big (Crumpler The Formal Lounge) or too bulky (Lowepro Computrekker) that's only me.

../azul123
    no sweat, zul!

found the name of the shop for the tenba bags. Fotographix at Lucky Chinatown, level 2.

Great source of information you are...

Thanks.

../azul123

share some info cos juz came back frm CP:
    Lowepro Computrekker AW S$140
    Lowepro Computrekker Plus AW S$190

all of these were quoted. but Computrekker plus is not in stock fr d peninsula plaza branch.