Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: A Ride Home

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default A Ride Home

    Saw this beautiful sunset on my way to City Hall MRT.

    Last edited by billpepsi; 30th July 2005 at 03:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    an interesting image that made me look harder to figure out what it was.
    but something about this picture is not right, i just can't put my finger on it right now, i think that the top most yellow triangle and the black area at the bottom should be cropped away

    i will return and give it a 2nd look when i get home

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    an interesting image that made me look harder to figure out what it was.
    but something about this picture is not right, i just can't put my finger on it right now, i think that the top most yellow triangle and the black area at the bottom should be cropped away

    i will return and give it a 2nd look when i get home

    Looking forward to your comments, good or bad.....

  4. #4

    Default

    The sun seems to br shining through my screen! Beautiful.
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    straighten the verticals and brighten up the right side to get more contrast out of the human silhouette and see whether it'll improve the picture.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    straighten the verticals and brighten up the right side to get more contrast out of the human silhouette and see whether it'll improve the picture.

    ok, will give that a try. tx

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    straighten the verticals and brighten up the right side to get more contrast out of the human silhouette and see whether it'll improve the picture.

    Here is the improved version.


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Woodlands, Singapore
    Posts
    663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Here is the improved version.

    oh now I know what it is on the right...haha! It's a SBS bus that's passing by! haha! okok! I couldn't recognize what the part on the right is from the first shot...after editing then it seemed more obvious.

    I think the bus is a little distracting to a picture of a beautiful sunset to consider this shot to be beautiful aesthetically. But hanging it at home or something would give one a sense of retiring into the evening after a day of stress from work and everything else. It's like going home at the end of the day probably because of the seats and the people in the bus which and who give one these feels.

    The golden cast of the overall image is warm and it's very relaxing..just makes me want to look at it more....if it's in a bigger size though. hee..

    IMO..peace out!

  9. #9

    Default

    Tricky shot as the sun is taking the attention away from the person in the bus due to its brightness. It's also quite difficult at one glance to figure out it is a bus. I am not sure if zooming out a little will help. Is this a 'snapshot' or a pre-conceived shot? I felt it is quite hastily taken - a sun that's setting, a bus going past, a man in the bus.. Good try anyway.
    Perhaps a man with a suitcase walking from right, going out of left corner, with the setting sun behind him in the horizon... that maybe a better 'scene' ... (Of course, if you can get a man walking past... haha)

    Just 2 cents, I am not expert

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by henrylim
    Tricky shot as the sun is taking the attention away from the person in the bus due to its brightness. It's also quite difficult at one glance to figure out it is a bus. I am not sure if zooming out a little will help. Is this a 'snapshot' or a pre-conceived shot? I felt it is quite hastily taken - a sun that's setting, a bus going past, a man in the bus.. Good try anyway.
    Perhaps a man with a suitcase walking from right, going out of left corner, with the setting sun behind him in the horizon... that maybe a better 'scene' ... (Of course, if you can get a man walking past... haha)

    Just 2 cents, I am not expert

    Tx, was a pre-conceived shot. I waited for 10mins for a double-decker with a passenger in the front row to drive past. The height of the single decker bus was too low, image is less interesting.

    The other challenge was the sun keeeps hiding behind the clouds.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 1st August 2005 at 11:14 AM.

  11. #11

    Default

    excellent framing! it makes me looks deeper into the picture

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    excellent framing! it makes me looks deeper into the picture

    tx behyx. May be it was pure luck.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    tx behyx. May be it was pure luck.
    luck and patience pays off for your case.

  14. #14

    Default

    CREATIVE!!!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Here is the improved version.

    nicely done it's a good frame, just that the lighting was tricky. by brightening up the right side your subjects become recognisable and the story between the setting sun and the people on the bus comes naturally.

  16. #16
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    ooops, sorry forgot to review your pic

    anyway much better, but now I see that a square orientation without the black parts on the left and right.

    there now it is balanced

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 3rd Rock
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    ooops, sorry forgot to review your pic

    anyway much better, but now I see that a square orientation without the black parts on the left and right.

    there now it is balanced

    Tx ortega, eikin. Took me a while to realise the black part. Yeah, agree the pic looks more balanced now.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •