Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need help

Default Re: I need help

Hi there are only very few cameras that have many af point in life view

I do not think Canon has any camera like that

Ok... short answers,

1) To have AF points seen in liveview for Canon, it is not possible. Because Canon didn't include that option when they build the camera (600D). If those points are really important to you, you can use the viewfinder of the camera. That is where the points appear.

2) You can however include grids to your liveview, which I find quite useful at times.

If you are not short of budget and needed those points in liveview do look into selling your current kit and get a Olympus or Panasonic or any other camera brand that made camera with AF points shown in liveview.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

No need to read manual. Any problems just go to forums and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoppable View Post
    And which logic would support this? Isn't flipping through the booklet much faster than going online, posting the question and waiting that someone might answer? Once one is online it might be even faster to google for the manual.
    Apart from this some forums have a strict rule: questions which are already answered by manuals or FAQ threads will be deleted on the spot.
    EOS

I will take your comment as a joking, for now, giving you are a member with ClubSNAP for more than 10 years.

if you say you are not joking, than I will have to take your comment as a troll.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Of course I am joking. Well, maybe sarcastic. But this is really happening!

You would have toggle from mirror less to mirror by pressing the carmera icon button just next to the viewfinder on the right hand side and look though the viewfinder for the focus points.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinYap View Post
    You would have toggle from mirror less to mirror by pressing the carmera icon button just next to the viewfinder on the right hand side and look though the viewfinder for the focus points.
    Please be precise and don't confuse newbies. A DSLR in Life View mode does not become a mirrorless camera. The term 'mirrorless' is already used for a different camera system.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinYap View Post
    is deactivate live view mode.

Of course I am joking. Well, maybe sarcastic. But this is really happening!
    yes, sometime really 'facepalm", wondering how long can their hobby last if that is the amount of efforts they willing to put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    maybe camera manufacturers should consider install the user manual into the camera, so users can just need to press F1 key to ask for help, and the user manual will pop up.
    So would that be read through the viewfinder or the live view ?
    D3S|N70-200|N24-70|N24-85|N50f1.4|N35f2|SB800|SB900|Yashica GS|S95
    www.flickr.com/photos/davidktw

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post

So would that be read through the viewfinder or the live view ?
    Should be on the monitor, so photographers can also download ebook into the camera and read it.

If read from live view, than it will be like running text, same like reading news or stock price.

Should be on the monitor, so photographers can also download ebook into the camera and read it.

If read from live view, than it will be like running text, same like reading news or stock price.
    Basically, I doubt that will help. I remember Canon did introduce an app for the iphone and android which show some quick guide... I think the app is called eos companion or something like that. And you can use this app to read from the phone and still people keep coming in and ask for the basic. Plus... I think Nikon had tutorial in camera or something like that for some of their camera model... but we still get lots of questions on the basic.

I doubt if they enable something that would allow you to download to their camera, people will actually used it. It is like... we have been asking people over the years to read the stickies, lots of information can be found there. But they prefer to come in here to ask questions because it is easier that way.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

A lot of information and TS has not replied back. Either he/she understands already, or...

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSeth View Post
    A lot of information and TS has not replied back. Either he/she understands already, or...
    dont think so.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Basically, I doubt that will help. I remember Canon did introduce an app for the iphone and android which show some quick guide... I think the app is called eos companion or something like that. And you can use this app to read from the phone and still people keep coming in and ask for the basic. Plus... I think Nikon had tutorial in camera or something like that for some of their camera model... but we still get lots of questions on the basic.

I doubt if they enable something that would allow you to download to their camera, people will actually used it. It is like... we have been asking people over the years to read the stickies, lots of information can be found there. But they prefer to come in here to ask questions because it is easier that way.

just kidding on my suggestion, cost I notice the user manual of DLSR getting thicker and thicker, but many smart phones don't come with user manual at all...

so my question is, if ones don't want to read the user manual, than why get a DSLR in the first place?

AH... so we need to attach an external monitor to the HDMI output of the camera. That's neat.

just kidding on my suggestion, cost I notice the user manual of DLSR getting thicker and thicker, but many smart phones don't come with user manual at all...

so my question is, if ones don't want to read the user manual, than why get a DSLR in the first place?
    I don't read the manual either seriously. However i must point out a lot of information are available in the Internet at one's fingertips nowadays. If you don't read the dead-tree format, at least have the diligence to search online. That's what I will think.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kwok View Post
    I don't read the manual either seriously. However i must point out a lot of information are available in the Internet at one's fingertips nowadays. If you don't read the dead-tree format, at least have the diligence to search online. That's what I will think.
    if one can surf and post in ClubSNAP with mobile devices, why can't download an user manual into the mobile device?

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Please be precise and don't confuse newbies. A DSLR in Life View mode does not become a mirrorless camera. The term 'mirrorless' is already used for a different camera system.
    Thanks for the advice. With all the pros around, I should just keep quiet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast