Thread: Need help for botanic garden shoot

Default Need help for botanic garden shoot

Hi everyone, after a while I decided to take the courage to offer my service for my cousin's prewedding and we decided that we will spend an afternoon at Botanic garden.

But im not very familiar with the location, would anyone have any recommendation on nice spots and areas that can be used to take good prewedding photos? thank you it would be great if you all can give me some example too

Default Re: Need help for botanic garden shoot

1. Do a search here in CS or google and look at the locations of the photos.
    2. A advance recce of the place
    3. Check weather and the support equipment required

Hi why do you not just go there and locate your own nice places because you are the photofia you should be doing the location scouting

Quote Originally Posted by shierwin View Post
    1. Do a search here in CS or google and look at the locations of the photos. 2. A advance recce of the place 3. Check weather and the support equipment required
    Sherwin's advice is apt. To me , doing a recee to sift out potential spots is all part of the package. Looking at a spot thru images and in real life can also be different.'

Anyway, there's quite a few pavilions around the lake area which to me makes good choices, can remember there's a spot where there's a huge tree overlooking a large flat grass patch. Using the lake as a backdrop will be good too but do note that the gown may be dirtied quite easily.'
    Last edited by keithwee; 8th August 2014 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by williamd View Post
    Hi everyone, after a while I decided to take the courage to offer my service for my cousin's prewedding and we decided that we will spend an afternoon at Botanic garden.

But im not very familiar with the location, would anyone have any recommendation on nice spots and areas that can be used to take good prewedding photos? thank you it would be great if you all can give me some example too

Botanic Garden is so big, it is not practical ask people recommend spots for you, cos the spots might at locate at different ends of the garden, and you need to ask the couple to walk 30mins just to reach the spots.

you have to do the leg work yourself, check out the spots with your own eyes, think of how you can make use of the spots? where to pose the couple? how many shots you can shoot at a spot? how far you need to walk between the spots? where are the toilets? where are the rest place?

and also, you can forget about to go there during weekends, every corners is so crowded, every pavilions are occupied, and it is very hard to do a wide shot without any people show up in your background, don't believe, can go there and see if yourself.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Better go down yourselves and take photos of location and "rehearsal" where u plan to shot if not sure. Maybe can bring someone with u if need to pose at spot u intend to shot.
    Shortlist a few locations in case on actual shot, that area may be having construction or close for some reason.

Just goggle "images for singapore botanic gardens"

...and get a map when you do recce...and mark the locations
    Last edited by shierwin; 8th August 2014 at 08:11 PM.

Discuss with the couple what "good pre-wedding picture" are to them. It doesn't matter what you like or what others like - you have to deliver to the couple, period.
    EOS

People can tell you some good location, but, the trickiest part is the lighting condition on the various part of the day, that can create considerable amount of havoc. Totally agree on recce and survey of the site. Knowing what to expect reduces the amount of trials, and speed up the process.
    Last edited by MacroMarlin; 9th August 2014 at 08:44 AM.
    What I really missed most, is my first SLR. An Olympus OM2 with the Zuiko 35mm f/1.4, back in 1982!

Blog Entries

How to offer your services to others properly and do a good job if you are not even willing to make a trip to recce the location first? Singapore is not that big u know.... If you are not familiar then get off your bum and make the effort to familiarize yourself with the location.

Nevertheless wish you all the success.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th August 2014 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    How to offer your services to others properly and do a good job if you are not even willing to make a trip to recce the location first? Singapore is not that big u know.... If you are not familiar then get off your bum and make the effort to familiarize yourself with the location.

Nevertheless wish you all the success.
    huh? I say Botanic Garden very big, and you say Singapore is not that big. very confuse leh......

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    huh? I say Botanic Garden very big, and you say Singapore is not that big. very confuse leh......
    Hahaha!! Lol!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    LOL sg not so big that TS cannot make a trip there to check out the location himself... but very big if ask couple in gown/suit to walk from one end to the other...

LOL sg not so big that TS cannot make a trip there to check out the location himself... but very big if ask couple in gown/suit to walk from one end to the other...

just joking with you lar, ones don't need a PHD to understand this one lar... kekekek.

Haha, this point is good , slipped my mind on this one.