Thread: Good Bye Kopitiam.

Unhappy Good Bye Kopitiam.

Good bye to folks here, i am leaving kopitiam, but i am going to only buy and sell thread, not coming back here to post, but cc look look.

Cos, no freedom to speak here.......

Wishing all happy posting in kopitiam, and keep on shooting............................
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Good bye to folks here, i am leaving kopitiam, but i am going to only buy and sell thread, not coming back here to post, but cc look look.

Wishing all happy posting in kopitiam, and keep on shooting............................
    oh puhleez....no need to be so melodramatic lah!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

take it easy, not worth to make your brain suffer just because of 2 locked threads.

Why leave? Other than entertaining us you do give good points of views. No freedom of speech...... if it is true, I better watch what I say from now on.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Hmm? Da 'Play God' thing again?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Blog Entries

Hi smurfman,

You need to understand that freedom of speech does not necessarily give you the freedom nor the right to post polls/threads on fellow members with the underlying motive to ridicule and poke fun at them because that is what we perceived your 2 locked threads to be about (and I have mentioned that in my posts before locking your threads).

This forum is meant as much for them as it is for you - we do not restrict your ability to post wherever or whatever you want (within the rules and regulations of the forum and Singapore of course), but we do require members to respect each other and not do things that can cause aggravation or flare-ups (tough, but if we all work together, its possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Hi smurfman,

You need to understand that freedom of speech does not necessarily give you the freedom nor the right to post polls/threads on fellow members with the underlying motive to ridicule and poke fun at them because that is what we perceived your 2 locked threads to be about (and I have mentioned that in my posts before locking your threads).

This forum is meant as much for them as it is for you - we do not restrict your ability to post wherever or whatever you want (within the rules and regulations of the forum and Singapore of course), but we do require members to respect each other and not do things that can cause aggravation or flare-ups (tough, but if we all work together, its possible).
    Hi Darren
    Not that I want to defend smurfman, but as far as I can see, the 2 threads that were locked were just some CSers having some good clean fun. All of us work under stress and sometime it will be good to have a good laugh. What makes CS and other site diff is that the people here are fun loving by nature ( at least those that I've seen so far ) and we do like to have some fun along the way. Before the lock, nothing have been said about those nikes mentioned that may warrant a lock. You may have jump the gun there.
    But as you have said, we're your guest here and you are the host ( though without your guest this site will be just an empty site ) and you have every right to set the rules here. Some other thread were not lock though it looked to be heading in the wrong direction and I think you have done a good job there. You or your other mods will come in and give everyone a gentle reminder and let thing be if they do not get out of hand. You may feel that smurfman have other motive but I'm not too sure about that. All these are just our ( yours and mine ) diff. opinion and as the host, I guess your opinion will outweight mine. It's something I'll have to accept if I want to stay a guest here. Just feel that some of us may have enjoied ourselves a little more if the threads are not locked.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Hi Darren
    Not that I want to defend smurfman, but as far as I can see, the 2 threads that were locked were just some CSers having some good clean fun. All of us work under stress and sometime it will be good to have a good laugh. What makes CS and other site diff is that the people here are fun loving by nature ( at least those that I've seen so far ) and we do like to have some fun along the way. Before the lock, nothing have been said about those nikes mentioned that may warrant a lock. You may have jump the gun there.
    But as you have said, we're your guest here and you are the host ( though without your guest this site will be just an empty site ) and you have every right to set the rules here. Some other thread were not lock though it looked to be heading in the wrong direction and I think you have done a good job there. You or your other mods will come in and give everyone a gentle reminder and let thing be if they do not get out of hand. You may feel that smurfman have other motive but I'm not too sure about that. All these are just our ( yours and mine ) diff. opinion and as the host, I guess your opinion will outweight mine. It's something I'll have to accept if I want to stay a guest here. Just feel that some of us may have enjoied ourselves a little more if the threads are not locked.
    Well, joking on the expense of other might have very high possibility of getting out of hand....... . I think it is a good call by the mods and admins, meanwhile just relax lah smurfman!

Continue to enjoy kopitiam!

i agree with Hommie too, i sense high probability of a flame to be ignited.

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie
    Well, joking on the expense of other might have very high possibility of getting out of hand....... . I think it is a good call by the mods and admins, meanwhile just relax lah smurfman!

Continue to enjoy kopitiam!
    Yeah I agreed, just wandering why on other threads the mods will come in to just give a gentle reminder even when things have started to get out of hand ie name calling have started, etc. But for the other 2 locked threads no reminder was given and things were OK till than. Anyway, I just find it odd, that's all.

personally i feel that, there's no such thing called absolute freedom of speech
    else anyone and everyone could have gone out to the streets and shout "i'm a godamn terrorist and i want to bomb everything in sight' - and not be caught, isnt it?

i suppose the defn of 'good clean fun' varies from person to person.

i guess smurfman wants to have fun. i want it too , serious

Yeah I agreed, just wandering why on other threads the mods will come in to just give a gentle reminder even when things have started to get out of hand ie name calling have started, etc. But for the other 2 locked threads no reminder was given and things were OK till than. Anyway, I just find it odd, that's all.

agree with yqt.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

frankly...those 2 threads have it's pros and cons...however, i was just starting to feel excited abt those polls cos i saw my name being up there in the poll...ha ha...i was really wondering how many would vote me in or out...he he...that should be fun.

but!

not all could take jokes... so better close the thread i guess.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Er.... where are the locked threads??? Have not been following it. Cannot find already. It sure to make interesting reading.

just click on threadstarter's nick and click find more posts.

I am no mod but I think what happened was that the thread subject itself was already highly debatable the way most popluar was chosen and the mood and manner of the whole thread was contributing to it. Its might be fun for people who like me was not named the most popular but those whose name was mention might not like the idea of fun using their name at their expense......

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    personally i feel that, there's no such thing called absolute freedom of speech
    else anyone and everyone could have gone out to the streets and shout "i'm a godamn terrorist and i want to bomb everything in sight' - and not be caught, isnt it?

i suppose the defn of 'good clean fun' varies from person to person.

i guess smurfman wants to have fun. i want it too , serious
    'Freedom of speech' is subjective.

bye!
    ----------

So serious? A great photographer need to be thick skin one ley.....

If really got to go, please come back in another nick lor.

Point is made.

The thread is hereby closed.
    Last edited by Adam Goi; 29th July 2005 at 02:48 PM.