Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: What should we give Obama?

  1. #1

    Default What should we give Obama?

    Sípore declared as the country that gave the worst gifts to President Barack Obama

    http://mothership.sg/2014/08/spore-declared-as-the-country-that-gave-the-worst-gifts-to-president-barack-obama/

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-2012-ranked/

    What should we give Obama?

  2. #2
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    Sípore declared as the country that gave the worst gifts to President Barack Obama

    http://mothership.sg/2014/08/spore-declared-as-the-country-that-gave-the-worst-gifts-to-president-barack-obama/

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-2012-ranked/

    What should we give Obama?

    One who box of instant Chili Crab seasoning (from any of the local brands) so that Michelle Obama can cook Chili Crab for her family.... can replace with instant hainanese chicken rice seasoning if the Obama can't tahan spicy food...

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  3. #3

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    One who box of instant Chili Crab seasoning (from any of the local brands) so that Michelle Obama can cook Chili Crab for her family.... can replace with instant hainanese chicken rice seasoning if the Obama can't tahan spicy food...
    This is a great idea!


  4. #4
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,557

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Give durians.

    actually being low on the list shows that SG never tried to bribe the USA with gifts hehe....Mexico being ranked high on the list probably needs to get in the good books of the USA given they share borders.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  5. #5
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    Give durians.

    actually being low on the list shows that SG never tried to bribe the USA with gifts hehe....Mexico being ranked high on the list probably needs to get in the good books of the USA given they share borders.

    If I remember correctly.... Foreign Affairs Department has strict rules regarding how much one could spend on gifts for foreign government (please correct me if I'm wrong).

    Beside... except illegal or ultra expensive item... what can Singapore give Obama, as the President of The United States of America, that he Can't afford to get himself...
    Last edited by diver-hloc; 6th August 2014 at 11:37 AM.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #6
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,557

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    yea...and singapore is giving products that are made by Singapore companies - CReative MP3 player and OSIM massage products! why did the article criticize this gift and talk about Iphone when Iphones are technically a US product (although made in china) hehe....Giving products from Singapore companies are actually relevant and shows off the country's manufacturing capabilities.

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    If I remember correctly.... Foreign Affairs Department has strict rules regarding how much one could spend on gifts for foreign government (please correct me if I'm wrong).

    Beside... except illegal or ultra expensive item... what can Singapore give Obama, as the President of The United States of America, that he Can't afford to get himself...
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  7. #7

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Here are some cheapskate presents that our gahment can give

    Two boxes of 美X香 Bak Kua,
    Or
    Two pcs of RISIS Orchid Brooch
    Or
    Two boxs of Old-CXX-Kee Curry Puff
    Or
    Kim Chxx Bak Chang.

    LOL

  8. #8

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?


  9. #9

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Obama can taste our longKang water. LOL

  10. #10

    Default

    My first thought exactly!! Haha!!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  11. #11

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    lol, do a search in that article and look for "Singapore" we are so bad........and why all the gifts are related to Creative Labs?
    Objection !!!

  12. #12
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    lol, do a search in that article and look for "Singapore" we are so bad........and why all the gifts are related to Creative Labs?

    We don't really have alot of homegrown companies not related to Food Industry....

    OSIM and Creative is alot more presentable than a box of 'Tiger Balm' ointment... or 'Super' coffee mix (which is very popular in Russia... or so I've read)


    Scuba & Father... For Life

  13. #13
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    S’pore declared as the country that gave the worst gifts to President Barack Obama

    http://mothership.sg/2014/08/spore-declared-as-the-country-that-gave-the-worst-gifts-to-president-barack-obama/
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...d-2012-ranked/
    What should we give Obama?
    Washington Post makes an article with pounds of irony and tongue in cheek and the response shows: the concept of irony needs more attention in the literature curriculum in SG schools
    Russia got two gifts in the trash ranking, be happy to be better than them
    EOS

  14. #14
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    How about a Sun Ho autographed CD? We do have plenty of those lying around.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 6th August 2014 at 02:31 PM.

  15. #15
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    How about a Sun Ho autographed CD?

    OMG PLEASE NO.... you want US to invade !!

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by An drew View Post
    What should we give Obama?
    Give hime something he can't buy: Presidency of Singapore.

  17. #17
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    OMG PLEASE NO.... you want US to invade !!
    CD's classified as Weapons of Mass Distraction?
    EOS

  18. #18

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Give hime something he can't buy: Presidency of Singapore.
    give him the old man DVD that you always watch....
    Objection !!!

  19. #19
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Give him this,



    After learning and mastering the wit and wisdom of our great leader, the Americans will no longer hate him. If they do... they will need to repent for the next six years.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: What should we give Obama?

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    give him the old man DVD that you always watch....
    I'll give it to him whenever you return it to me.


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •