Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Need recommendation for Child Friendly Restaurant

  1. #1

    Default Need recommendation for Child Friendly Restaurant

    hello guys, need some help

    I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

    all advise appreciated

  2. #2
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc.

  3. #3

    Default

    what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc.
    by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ), etc, etc.

  5. #5
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnka
    hello guys, need some help

    I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

    all advise appreciated
    Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.
    now that's child-friendly thanks for the lead... will check them out (only been there once actually )

    any other choices?

  7. #7

    Default

    another one is dan ryan's chicago grill near tanglin mall. Very good food, and I think they give balloons and stuff to keep children occupied too.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.
    Thanks Darren what food do they serve? Western?

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnka
    by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ), etc, etc.
    Ah... ok. I don't have kids, so I don't know about these. Normally I end up being the one humouring my nephew & niece at the dinner table

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    my heart in san francisco
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    you may wish to try marche (HMV). If i am not wrong, they used to have a children playroom at the corner. you may wish to check again.

  11. #11
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    swensens at Changi Airport T1
    a playground just outside the window

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Yup swensens will be pretty good... but T1 is very noisy!! really all kids, try T2, they give balloon.. play at T1, get balloon and eat at T2...! :P

  13. #13

    Default

    How about Vilage at basement of China Square Central? Mache type concept but a lot less crowded. They also have a small play area for kids.

  14. #14

    Default

    thanks all for the great responses

    now to do some homework on the above suggestions for the session tonite

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •