Thread: Need recommendation for Child Friendly Restaurant

Default Need recommendation for Child Friendly Restaurant

hello guys, need some help

I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

all advise appreciated

Deregistered

Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc.

what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Actually don't really get what you mean by Child-friendly, most restaurants are child-friendly if what you mean are baby chairs, etc.
    by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ), etc, etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dnka
    hello guys, need some help

I'm having a dinner gathering with a bunch of college buddies this friday and the main issue now is to find a place that serves good food and is child-friendly. Any recommendations?

all advise appreciated
    Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by sfhuang
    what about hard rock cafe ... ? they give a complimentary jigsaw puzzle and balloon for each kid.
    now that's child-friendly thanks for the lead... will check them out (only been there once actually )

any other choices?

another one is dan ryan's chicago grill near tanglin mall. Very good food, and I think they give balloons and stuff to keep children occupied too.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Try Globetrotters in United Square. They have a children's playroom within full view of most seats in the restaurant.
    Thanks Darren what food do they serve? Western?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by dnka
    by child friendly, i meant the restaurant takes an effort to keep the children entertained while the parents have their dinner... for example, some Mcdonalds outlets are child-friendly by having children's play corner. Or when you are flying, the air stewardess will give the child some toys to play with (in this case its not a restaurant ), etc, etc.
    Ah... ok. I don't have kids, so I don't know about these. Normally I end up being the one humouring my nephew & niece at the dinner table

you may wish to try marche (HMV). If i am not wrong, they used to have a children playroom at the corner. you may wish to check again.

Blog Entries

swensens at Changi Airport T1
    a playground just outside the window

Yup swensens will be pretty good... but T1 is very noisy!! really all kids, try T2, they give balloon.. play at T1, get balloon and eat at T2...! :P

How about Vilage at basement of China Square Central? Mache type concept but a lot less crowded. They also have a small play area for kids.

thanks all for the great responses

now to do some homework on the above suggestions for the session tonite