Thread: Haircut day..

Deregistered

Default Haircut day..

Captured this when I was back in my hometown in Malaysia..
    Did I manage to capture the atmosphere of old barber shop and the mood of the customer??

i think you have captured the atmosphere of the old barber shop well. for me, the most interesting part of the photo are the expressions of the people in the mirror, so i would explore a tighter crop sans the right hand side, which also adds a touch of the surreal to the pic, as life can only be clearly seen through the mirror.

e.g.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    i think you have captured the atmosphere of the old barber shop well. for me, the most interesting part of the photo are the expressions of the people in the mirror, so i would explore a tighter crop sans the right hand side, which also adds a touch of the surreal to the pic, as life can only be clearly seen through the mirror.

e.g.
    I think that's a good crop! Makes the picture very interesting.

I felt 2 step to the left would be perfect. As for the crop cutting the legs off the chair might be better in drawing the eye to the reflection.

I was viewing this when my son came along and said: "This is a really old baber shop!". Then he added:"Why does the view in the mirror has color and outside has no color?"
    Isn;t that what we all aim to do - get an immediate reaction which coincides with what we wanted it to be.
    Techinical issues aside, I say this picture is a success.

I don't understand why / how your boy's question coincides with the photographer's aim for the shot?

I prefer the image in the mirror to be in Black and White. Should dodge the edge to give it a older look? just sharing