Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

  1. #1

    Default Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Pretty worrying and scary !!

    A Xiaomi Redmi Note from Hong Kong made a bold claim (with proof) that his device is connecting to a Chinese IP address and frequently sending personal data such as photos and text messages over to the Chinese server, without any user consent whatsoever. This is a serious allegation, and it looks like it is 100% legit.

    The data transfer takes place when the Xiaomi Redmi Note is connected to a Wi-Fi network. The user tried rooting his phone and flashing a different firmware, but the data transfer still took place regardless. A little digging up revealed that the IP address belongs to CNNIC.

    Check up below link
    http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/1101...overnment.html

  2. #2

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    All your base belong to us

  3. #3
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government


  4. #4
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    He probably surf too much porn or pirated drama...tio virus lah

  5. #5
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    I'm sure at this age of NSA Data collection... alot more phones are doing the same... just serving difference master....

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  6. #6
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    This sounds like a joke to me. Why would the Chinese government be interested in reading all the stuff in the average citizen's phone??

    Even in Sg where everything goes thro a proxy (if I am correct), I don't think they are interested to block or read every account. If you have something to hide or somewhere you would like to secure the data/info, surely you will find ways to do it.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Who is not doing it?

    We should list them and go for that phone/brand.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    This sounds like a joke to me. Why would the Chinese government be interested in reading all the stuff in the average citizen's phone??

    Even in Sg where everything goes thro a proxy (if I am correct), I don't think they are interested to block or read every account. If you have something to hide or somewhere you would like to secure the data/info, surely you will find ways to do it.
    If you're Edison Chen then the Chinese would be very interested in the photos in your phone.


  9. #9

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If you're Edison Chen then the Chinese would be very interested in the photos in your phone.

    his phone lot of cat photos.
    Objection !!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    his phone lot of cat photos.
    Last edited by Sion; 1st August 2014 at 04:06 PM.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    265

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government


  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,616

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Perhaps it's just me I don't trust things Chinese be it gadgets or food too much
    scandals from them geezus
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

  13. #13

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Perhaps it's just me I don't trust things Chinese be it gadgets or food too much
    scandals from them geezus
    Can't say much for food but 90% of your gadgets are chinese made, no ?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Here is a story about China made good.

    A son, who is fanatic in NBA, asked his father to get him a made in US, basketball when he traveled to US.

    He went around the shops and all shops only sell made in China. basketball.

    He had no choice but pumped the ball and brought the ball back for his son.

    He told his son...".. son the ball is China made. The only thing that come with the ball that is from US is the air!"

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeisser View Post
    Perhaps it's just me I don't trust things Chinese be it gadgets or food too much
    scandals from them geezus
    Like it or not, be thankful that its made in China else most can't afford it.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Here is a story about China made good.

    A son, who is fanatic in NBA, asked his father to get him a made in US, basketball when he traveled to US.

    He went around the shops and all shops only sell made in China. basketball.

    He had no choice but pumped the ball and brought the ball back for his son.

    He told his son...".. son the ball is China made. The only thing that come with the ball that is from US is the air!"
    please submit this to my Jokes thread
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  17. #17
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    The funny thing is that once upon a time, everything was British made, then the Japanese came along. Those days, the only complaint was, Japanese goods suck!

    Maybe today, China flood them till they couldn't breathe. Slowly this will set in till another country take over the baton for cheaper options. Then at the expensive shelves, you find Chinese brands. Haha. Honda only produce cheap motorcycles not too long ago.

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    The funny thing is that once upon a time, everything was British made, then the Japanese came along. Those days, the only complaint was, Japanese goods suck! Maybe today, China flood them till they couldn't breathe. Slowly this will set in till another country take over the baton for cheaper options. Then at the expensive shelves, you find Chinese brands. Haha. Honda only produce cheap motorcycles not too long ago.
    I remembered after the British made is Taiwanese made.

    Taiwanese made is really sucks as compare with Japanese made goods.

  19. #19
    Member Bukitimah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junction88 View Post
    I remembered after the British made is Taiwanese made. Taiwanese made is really sucks as compare with Japanese made goods.
    Actually the Japanese was before the Taiwanese but both are now quality products producers. Honda and Acer just to name 2 brands.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note is sending Data to Chinese Government

    Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Actually the Japanese was before the Taiwanese but both are now quality products producers. Honda and Acer just to name 2 brands.
    They learn the hard way....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •